It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:53 am

Free Newsletter

Protein shakes

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby KimE » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:36 am

Immortal wrote:Eye Candy is the best Candy, cause potentially it could help burn calories or fat... Rather than adding.

LOL I was thinking the same thing!

I too use protein powder but like Sarah prefer to add it to food, rather than just have it as a shake. Occasionally I will have protein bars too but do like to get most of my protein in my diet with lean meat, low fat dairy and legumes to name a few.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Chelle » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:46 am

Diet Coke wrote:
Oh that sucks.

How do you find the Sculpt? Any good?

I find that it helps with the muscles after a workout with using weight's
Chelle

Postby dietcoke » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:50 pm

Excellent...that's what I was going for because I'm not very strong and want to tone up a bit...ok a lot.
dietcoke

Postby Karnak » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:43 am

I use Womens Sculpt - I'm on a 6 small meals a day routine and I generally use it for my 4pm "meal". Without water its a bit under 100kcal and in low fat milk it works out to be about 200kcal.

I like it because it fills me up till dinner, yet I can do a workout an hour after taking it and not feel sick.

Also its got all the vitamins and minerals including iron, and cost works out to be about $1 per serve
Karnak

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:51 am

i decided that maybe a protein shake was a good breakfast & maybe a way to cut some of the carbs out of my day.

i made it with my cell biology protein (choc flavour), added a banana and a couple of tablespoons of raw oats and some skinny milk. it added up to 334 calories.

i know a few people add protein to their other food to up their intake but does anyone else make homemade shakes?
sassi

Postby yummymummy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:10 pm

I have a protien shake (iso whey) for breaky each morning because Im really bad at eating breakfast its pretty good at filling me up until lunch :D
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:39 pm

it was pretty good (yum) this morning. i'm really hungry now and have already had my morning snack (well, i ate it about 2 hours ago lol). i'm trying not to get lunch too early & am drinking lots of water.

my bf suggested my body (and brain) will probably need to adjust to not always having carbs (toast or crumpets) for breakfast but after some initial adjusting, i'll be fine.
sassi

Postby SarahC » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:07 pm

You will still be getting the carbs from the banana and the oats, and a little from the milk. Maybe it's just the solid food that your body and brain have to get used to not having :?

I make a smoothie kind of thing sometimes with a banana, protein powder, water, sweetner and sometimes a bit of soymilk. Mostly that's just when I have dead bananas that can't be eaten by themselves. Either that or a protein banana bread...
SarahC

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:23 pm

that's a better way of describing it sarah - that i'm missing solid food. it's all psychological i guess!

that sounds nice as well!
sassi

Postby Chelle » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:52 pm

The morning's that I don't have sculpt. I have just started having them get up & go drinks. They all the minerals & vitamins in them plus they are equviallent to 2 weetbix. I'm not a big fan of breaky ceral.
Chelle

Postby chubbywife79 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:13 pm

I just started on meal replacement diet. I haven't notice anything yet. Except they fill me up, which stops me wanting to eat.

Rochelle
chubbywife79

Protein Shakes?

Postby SvGirl » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:26 pm

Hi Guys! Just starting to get back into exercising this is my second day, I'm 88kgs and need to be 75kgs. Just wondering what shakes anyone would recommend for wieght loss and muscle repair. I'm exercising after work about 5:15pm, start on the cross trainer for 10mins (not much i know :oops: ) then treadmill for 20mins, How often would be enough to exercise?
I will be skinny one day!
SvGirl

Postby dietcoke » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:36 pm

These days I just have Sandra Cabot Synd X Slimming Protein Powder. Just drop 2tbsp into 1cup skim milk and shake...easy and filling.
dietcoke

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:05 pm

I just switched from the Tony Ferguson meal replacement shaks which were FULL of sugar, to a new regime with Ladybird Women's Whey.

I have either a multigrain weetbix or one slice of rye toast with a shake for breakfast.

Morning tea = protein like a tin of tuna or some cottage cheese

Lunch is protein & veg

Afternon tea is a second shake and some fruit

Dinner is protein and veg.

I'm not sure how I'll incorporate the shakes after I get to goal? Probably jst stick to them for quick breakies / snacks? Either wy I think this new regime is working - Tuesdays are my weigh in day but I snuck a peek this morning and I'm down 400g (even with way too much nightly wine!!!).

My goal is to cut back the booze - I want to be drinking ONLY a coupe of glasses on a Friday and Saturday!
Lush Gal

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk