It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:31 am

Free Newsletter

School Holidays

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

School Holidays

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:56 pm

I am one of the working mums, so I relish my days off. I try to take off at least a couple of days every school holidays to spend with my children. So I had a day off yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. We went shopping and I bought them some wicker baskets (white) for their bedrooms, then we went looking at clothes and shoes and finally went to the video store and rented Norbit (with Eddie Murphy). I then took them to the shops and said that they could have anything they like to watch the movie with and they got chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate (all my favourties by the way) - but I was so proud of myself - all I had was some Sour Cream and Chilli Fantastic Rice Crackers (about 10) whilst watching the dvd (which is, by the way, not that good at all!). Usually I would have eated my fair share of the goodies - but something inside me steered me away from the tempting delites. Just had to tell you guys how proud I was of myself. As Elle Woods from Legally Blonde would say "Happy Snaps for me".
2008 - my year to be great!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:01 pm

its time like these that mean a lot michelle. stories like that make me feel so happy because you have overcome a moment that previously would have ended up in guilt and shame because you have eaten so much junk food.

btw thats good that you take time off on the school hols to spend with your kids. and i dont think id like norbit either- i didnt like the nutty professer :? so anything where he dresses up as someone else in a movie makes me cringe

Postby Chelle » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:44 pm

Well done Michelle sound's like you had a very rewarding day with the kids.

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:20 pm

Good on You Michelle :) That must have been realyl hard! I bet you feel great now :D

Postby Lala » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:06 pm

Well done!

Oh, and you've made me want to watch Legally Blonde again!

Postby milkyway » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:41 pm

That sounds like a great day :)

Well done for saying 'no'.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Return to Weight loss Talk