It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:21 am

Free Newsletter

Anyone want to join the 12 week body blitz competition??

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone want to join the 12 week body blitz competition??

Postby Hayley » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:49 pm

Hi everyone,

Is anyone interested in participating in the 12 week body blitz competition? Go to http://www.sportzblitz.net and click on body blitz competition for more information.

The only thing is (and this has taken me about a week to build up the nerve to do this) that you need to send in before and after photos.... but you could win a monthly prize or the grand champion title and $5000. I have read into in and printed off the entry forms and I strongly feel that sending in my 'before' photos will definitely motivate and encourage me to persevere.

So, anyone interested? You can start on any date you like but you must have your before photos taken holding a newspaper dated your starting date.

Does anyone know hoe to post photos on this forum? If I'm going to do this,I might as well put my 'before' photos on this forum and keep track of my progress here, for you guys to follow too!

Let me know what you think.

Hayley.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:16 pm

Sounds like a great idea Hayley, I'm sure someone will take it up.
I wonder when the 2006 challenge starts. http://www.sportzblitz.net/body-blitz-c ... -comp.php#

As far as putting up photo's or even animated pictures goes, you have to have a web space to load your pictures into. I was lucky my son hooked me up to a free web space.
Your internet service provider often supplies web space, it's too tricky to explain he'd have to show you how it's done. If my son had tried to talk me through it I would never have understood, he had to show me. My current web space is pretty full so everytime I want to introduce a new picture I have to delete one of my 500 animated current pictures I have stored there.

Here is a free web space site that will host your pictures, anyone can sign up and use it.
I'm still trying to figure out how to use it. I might need my son to show me how to write the picture code (when he gets some free time)

http://photobucket.com/register.php
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:10 am

Thanks for your advice Dolly. I'll take a look at the site you recomend and see what I can manage to work out!

In regards to the 12 week body blitx challenge - you can start whenever you like. I emailed the person incharge, who replied that you can start now if you like. There is no official starting date because it's an individual challenge, so long as you participate for the 12 weeks. It doesn't matter if you start now (at end of 2005) because your actual challenge would finish around March in 2006, so apparently that's ok.

I hope someone else is interested in joining too. I think it would certainly help to have a few people fromk here participating.

Thanks again, Hayley.
Hayley

Postby linda » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:10 pm

sounds good to me, going to take a look at it
linda

Postby dragonfly » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:49 pm

so do they give you a challenge to work to? do they write up a personalised fitness and food diary for you to follow, or do you just make one up yourself?

I say go for it.... I wish i could do it, but 12 weeks aint showing a whole lotta difference in ym body.

I took before photos of myslef too. i wont post them until I get to goal :P lol
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby Hayley » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:27 pm

No, they don't write anything up for you. It's 12 weeks of your own hard work - or alternatively you can hire a personal trainer to help you achieve the most you can in 12 weeks.

If I do register for the challenge, I will only be using what I have got in my own home, as my town has no gym. Many of the success stories achieved what they did through work at home, so that is promising.

Thanks for the replies. hayley
Hayley

Postby dragonfly » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:59 pm

maybe we can run our own 12 week challnge here?
we can report in weekly/daily and also post before and after photos.???
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby Dolly » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:13 am

We already have a one month challenge.
and our end of week group weigh-in.

Some people in the past have suggested putting up before photo's of ourselves but I for one didn't want to put a photo up of myself.
But great idea, you can start a thread and do a 12 week challenge if you wish to.
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:30 pm

Hi everyone, I've mentioned to Scott, Karins great idea for our Weightloss Forum to possibly have a 12 week challenge.
Before we make the inclusion, how many people would take part in a 12 week challenge, you could post your own before and after photo's if you wished or are you all just happy with the 4 week challenge we have at present?

I personally prefer the smaller 4 week challenge we already have, but how do you all feel?

Dolly

Postby Hayley » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:33 pm

Hi Dolly,

I think the 4 week challenge which is presently running, is great. It really doesn't bother me because I'm going to register in the 12 week body blitz challenge anyway. I just thought I'd mention it in this forum because you can actually win prizes and thought some people here may be interested.

What does everyone else think? I think people are doing really well on the 4 week one.

Hayley.
Hayley

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:29 am

I like the 4 week one myself. If we were going to include a longer term one though, I'd be more inclined to go a bit longer say 6 months.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby emma21 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:43 am

Sorry to sound dumb or whatever, but is that challenge running through into 2006... the way I read it, it was only from March 2005 to December 2005. I am interested in doing it - it will be a great motivator for me :D

Emma :)
emma21

Postby Hayley » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:17 pm

Hi Emma,

Yes, the challenge runs through into 2006. This forum is running their own 12 week challenge. However, if you're interested in the body blitz 12 week challenge, you select your own start date and continue for 12 weeks - yes, this runs through into 2006.

Hayley.
Hayley

Return to Weight loss Talk