It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:36 pm

Free Newsletter

Summer or Winter ?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby madeline » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:29 am

I find it harder in Summer. I think it's because you're awake for longer generally so more time to eat... also it's the holidays for us students then, so we can go out everyday and party, drink and eat out heaps more than in winter. Also a lot of really sugary foods like icecream, slurpees, iced chocolates/coffees, are cold so there's no way I want any of them right now. Another thing I just realised, was that skinny people cover up more in Winter, so it makes you feel a bit better because you're not constantly comparing yourself to them, so it gives you confidence a bit of a boost too.
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby dietcoke » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:18 pm

I think winter is HEAPS harder. In summer...

-it's too hot to eat anything heavy

-I'm in the pool more than infront of the tv

-It's hard to retain water when you're constantly sweating.

-I feel generally more positive in summer, especially in the afternoons which is when i tend to eat in winter.

-Exercising early in the morning or in the evening (outdoors) is HORRID in winter but so pleasant in summer is really enjoyable

Yep...Summer is much easier for me. And also you can't eat while you're lying in the pool reading a magazine. and the fact that you have to see yourself in a swimming costume is more than enough incentive to put the fork down.
dietcoke

Postby Searching501 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:39 pm

Personally I find summer harder. Every time I have successfully lost weight in my life has been during winter. But I am definitely a winter person, and thrive in the cold weather, the heat actually makes me a tad depressed, and hence I tend to eat more.
Searching501

Re: Summer or Winter ?

Postby Miss Subaru » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:06 pm

ISparkyI wrote:Being new to the whole weight loss journey I was wondering if anyone finds it easier during Summer or Winter ?

Be interesting to find out who prefers which season . .

I thought Winter would be the hardest as we are usually not going out as much and eating more hot foods.

If that is the case, many of you are having some great results in the weight loss and should be even more impressed with yourselves.

Shaun

Hi Shaun.
Me and my friend just arrived from a 5 weeks trip in greece and turkey and it was really hot there!! I'm the type that loves food so i usually eat a lot, i am very hungry often. But i wasn't even hungry when we were away!
I lost 2kgs and my friend actually lost 5kgs and that is very good and a bit strange to cause we hade a lot of alcohol :oops:

So i think or it works better for me anyway, the summer is the easyest time to get ride of the kgs.
Miss Subaru

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk