It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:57 pm

Free Newsletter

incidental exercise

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

incidental exercise

Postby garn » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:16 pm

:lol:
Hi all, Just thought i would see if other members do any 'incidental' exercise during the day that they try and do all the time.

I just started today....put my sneakers on and have run up and down the flight of stairs at the back of my office....only 15 times to the top..might try and do another 15 before i go home, mustve done something cause i have worked up a sweat (or..i am just super unfit!!!!).

I figure if i can do more at work then i wont have to try and fit extra time in at the gym. (normally dont get home until 6pm anyway) hate having to interrupt my time with the kids as they go to bed at 8.30 and 2 1/2 hours is too short to spend with them anyway.

Anyway, just thought id ask.
take care
anita

Mini Goal 100
garn

Postby SarahC » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:35 pm

I go for a walk every lunchtime... rain, hail or shine! I only get half an hour for lunch so I can't do a big workout, but it all helps! I have to stretch my legs as well. Can't handle sitting all day. Some people do though. They just roll out of bed, drive to work, sit at their desk all day, go sit in the lunch room at lunch time, then go home and flop on the couch. Don't know how they can do it! I would go nuts :?

Walking up the stairs sounds like a great idea, particularly in this horrible weather! Stair climbing burns up heaps of calories too, more than walking I reckon :)
SarahC

Postby garn » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:41 pm

hI SARAH,
Finished my 20 stair climbs and ran round and round the pallet stacks about 20times as well...got busted by one of my workmates...thought they had all gone home.... no doubt my hubby will hear about it in the morning as he works here too.
Gotta say that stair climbing is ouchy on the legs...they feel sore allready...goes to show how quickly you can 'unfit' yourself...have only had 3 weeks off from the gym.... sigh... oh well....

Want to be under 90 by sept 19...thats our 9th wedding anniversary..want to look better than i do now......

Exercise would be great if you didnt have to sweat or get puffed....

Anita :)

Mini Goal 100
garn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:45 pm

hey anita great idea that you are doing the incidental exercise at work. definately a bonus and will help with the weightloss. bet your workmate thought you were nuts running around a pallet! haha. when i was my heaviest at 91kg i would put a chair at one end of the yard and walk around it and then around the clothesline over and over again. i also used the back step to step up and down. it really gets the heart rate going and warms you up quick smart

p.s great to see you back here!
kate_turner2000

Postby garn » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:18 am

Hi Kate,

I think he was slightly bemused... There are a couple of guys here that are quite the athelete's ...
My boss competes in triathalons and we have a couple of guys that run to the airport and back .....(whats 12klm's one way????)

I have entered with a couple of the other girls from the office into the bridge to brisbane fun run so that should be good....better still is the bus that runs you back to the start drops you off in front of the Pub..... :P :P

Well today is step class at the gym.....whoopeee.
Anita

Mini Goal 100
garn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:45 am

good on you mate enjoy your run. i think theres a couple of people from this forum looking into doing it as well. the sydney city to surf is coming up but its too far for us to go but adro sarnelli is organising a group run with him. would be pretty inspiring for people if they wanted to pick his mind about some things. enjoy your class anita!
kate_turner2000

Postby grugwashere » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:34 pm

i work on level five of my bilding so i try and take the stairs as often as i can... my heart really pumps though :P
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby chubbywife79 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:47 pm

I don't work but I use housework or walking to the shops as incedental exercise.

Rochelle
chubbywife79

Return to Weight loss Talk