It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:36 pm

Free Newsletter

81-75

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:01 pm

Jo they are some great goals. You will get there and even if you don't wear your boyfriends clothing, knowing that you can will be satisfaction enough.

I have a confession to make. I was one of those nasty girls at school. Thinking back on it now, I cringe at the nasty comments I made to the bigger girls, because I am now in the same position. I weighed 43-45kgs from year 8 to year 11 and then puberty struck when I turned 16 and finally started to develop some womanly curves and I hit 50kgs. When I was 21 and in my final year of law school I started to pile the weight on and got even bigger womanly curves and hit 75kgs. Now I'm 78kgs :roll: it's time to shed the fat layers to get to my goal of 55kgs!

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby grugwashere » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:04 pm

Im sure i probably said nasty things about people who weighed more than i did... i shouldt have but no doubt i did...

my sister thinks the reason i have such a problem with the way i look is because im judgemental of other people so i think they are judging me.. i dont think this is true but its an interesting way of looking at it.
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby reester33 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:04 pm

Yeah, I agree! I used to hate how they'd put up your individual fitness scores too. But hey, I got my own back now....I couldn't touch my toes in year 7 but I got a whopping +29 cm in my fitness test last week! :lol:

It's amazing what we consider important when it doesn't really matter in hindsight.

:) M

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:10 pm

hey jen its hard to believe you were 'one of them girls' because you are such a nice person :)

i remember through high school there was the biggest girl in our grade and she got picked on quite often. i wasnt best friends with her but we used to chat in classes we had together and so on. anyway in year 11 she got bone cancer and left school. in year 12 she died. i thought it was interesting to see all these people come out of the woodworks who were nasty to her and called her names and excluded her throughout high school because of her size turn around and say 'she was my best friend" 'oh she was such a nice girl' etc etc. THEY NEVER EVEN LIKED HER AND MADE HER LIFE HELL WHILST SHE WAS AT SCHOOL. when we were at the ceremony for her ashes to be spread all these nasty girls turned up and were crying because they were 'such great friends' with her. we went to the hospital to see her and not once were any of them there to see her.
kate_turner2000

Postby madeline » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:15 pm

milkyway wrote:Anyway, it also depends a lot on your height. I'm 164cm and while not tall, 50kg is just too thin on me.

Hehe we're the same height! *virtual high-5* for shorties! :D
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:24 pm

Kate - it's been eight years since high school and I have changed for the better. Being nicer is so much better than being self-righteous lol.

Jo - I think women are each others worst nightmare. We are all judgemental of each other and we are our own biggest critics.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby shokoden » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:44 pm

How did it make you feel last night when you went back to your own ways? Terrible and guilty i bet. I know where you are coming from but you will have so much more satisfaction when you reach your goal and know that you have done all the hard work yourself! Your goal for Christmas sounds like an excellent plan what a present that will be for yourself. Hang in there it seems like alot of hard work but you will get there.
shokoden

Postby milkyway » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:55 pm

I was never mean to overweight people. (I was no saint - I was mean to other people - for different reasons to being overweight as physical appearance never bothered me)

One thing I didn't get/understand though was how hard it is to lose weight. I thought it would be sooo easy and wondered why they didn't just do it and lose the extra kilos? Ha! Eaten dem words now, she who used to eat absolutely anything and not gain a gram!

Actually, a number of girls I hung out with in high school who were quite chubby then are now very slim and trim - especially one who has had a few kids. She looks fantastic. She was always gorgeous, but now she just has this extra glow about her. Maybe she's radiating self confidence or something. I dunno, but she's hot.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:56 pm

hehe i find that too sandra when you bump into people you went to school with. the funny thing is that some of them who were gorgeous back then have really let themselves go
kate_turner2000

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk