It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:58 pm

Free Newsletter

I AM NOT OVERWEIGHT ANYMORE!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I AM NOT OVERWEIGHT ANYMORE!

Postby vanessa0305 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:45 pm

OMG!! As far as my BMI goes I am finally out of the overweight and into the normal range...OMG I am normal!! I never ever thought I would get here....I love normal!! Still not at goal but I am soooooo close!!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby shelbel » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:53 pm

Well done, you must feel fab and very proud!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:59 pm

well done vanessa you have come so far. cant wait to see more pics of you!!
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:18 pm

Well done Vanessa - you've come such a long way. You should be sooo proud of yourself. Not to mention the health benefits of being in a healthy weight range. Good job sista :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shokoden » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:46 pm

Yeeha fab news Vanessa looking at your ticker you have come along way! Bet you are feeling just great with yourself. Well Done!!
shokoden

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:58 pm

congrats vanessa! i have to admit i've found myself on more than one occasion looking at your ticker & feeling inspired and like it's not too big an ask :)

enjoy your new status! :D
sassi

Postby vanessa0305 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:21 pm

I don't think I have ever been in the 'NORMAL' category before! I told my hubby this was the most momentous day ever! lol! :) I remember the day I went from obese to overweight and how overjoyed I was that day, well this is 10 times better than that.

Now when I go to a doctor and they do the weight and measure I don't have to be ashamed anymore!!

I never thought this day would come, I remember looking at the amount of weight I would have to lose to get here (over 30kgs) and thinking it just wasn't possible or it was going to take forever...well it hasn't even been a year (well not quite anyway) and here I am!

Now if I could just see myself, I would be happy....when I look in the mirror I see someone thats about 95- 85kgs not someone whose almost 71kgs....I don't know why...when do you start seeing yourself as you really are?
Vanessa

[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:33 pm

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Thats fantastic Vanessa! :lol: Bet u feel fab!
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Becksta » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:35 pm

huge congrats :)

I can't wait to be able to say the same thing!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wF2P4eK/]
[/url]
Becksta

Postby milo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:51 pm

Well done, thats great news. You must be so proud of yourself
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:56 pm

vanessa0305 wrote:
Now if I could just see myself, I would be happy....when I look in the mirror I see someone thats about 95- 85kgs not someone whose almost 71kgs....I don't know why...when do you start seeing yourself as you really are?

i think its takes a while vanessa. i was the same when i reached 70kg and i couldnt really see a difference in myself - i remember kimmy telling me that it even took her a few months to really see what she had achieved and how great she looked :) try and stay positive about yourself. i cant speak for anyone else but being overweight/obese i tend to tell myself negative things about myself and once i reached my goal weight it was hard to turn that way of thinking around to a positive ya know? so try and repeat positive affirmations to yourself and you will change the way you see yourself.
kate_turner2000

Postby vanessa0305 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:11 pm

Thanks Kate,

Your absolutely right, after most of my life telling myself and others telling me what a fat pig I am, I guess I can't really expect to see myself another way in just a few months. I try to be positive but for some reason I need affirmation from others especially my hubby whom I ask all the time, "can you see a difference? Am I smaller than when you met me? Do I look ok? Do I look fat?" I am sure he is likely to be very sick of my questions, but until I can see myself as I truly look I have to rely on the opinions of others!! Sometimes I ask questions like "Is she bigger than me? or am I the same size as her?" Sometimes when he answers I find myself even more upset.

I have to admit though that since I lost such a large chuck of weight I have started taking a lot better care of myself. I bought myself a hairdryer and hair straightener, I use moisteriser and sunscreen, and I shave my legs and make sure my clothes are nicely ironed....Things I didn't worry about when I was fat, nobody was looking at me anyway and if they were it wasn't nice thoughts they were thinking! I am a much better, more outgoing and confident person since losing so much weight and I am beginning to like the person that was hiding under it all!
Vanessa

[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:57 pm

Congratulations Vanessa. You should be very proud of yourself. Taking pride in your appearance definitely boost your confidence. Now that you have found the zest to a healthier life, don't let the voices of the past detract from the fantastic amount of weight you have lost.

Now that you've tackled the outer, you can now start to tackle the inner so you never go back to the unhealthy/unhappy place you were at before. By tackling the negative inner self voice you will start to see the attractive, confident, streamline, sexy woman you are now.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby KimE » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 pm

Congrats Vanessa that is a huge achievement and you should be so proud of yourself. I know what you mean about taking care of yourself I do the same now. I always did before but I just do better now and take the time over my appearance more than I used to. Not overly fussy or anything just all round I feel better and make that effort.

It took me about 3 months to come to terms with what I had achieved and be happy about it. This probably sounds a bit neurotic but well my body shape seemed the same just a lot smaller so it was hard to appreciate the loss. Buying new clothes and fitting into a dream size 10 helped to cement it but, yeah, it takes a while to be really see the new you. Trust me though, others do and their comments help too.

Well done!! *hugs* :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Leishkin » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:09 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That is so fantastic, good on you!
Leishkin

Next