It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Duromine

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:53 pm

it makes you wonder why they have medication like this on the market which has such negative side affects for some people *shrugs* it confuses me lol.

hey sandrah whereabouts on the coast are you from?
kate_turner2000

Postby Immortal » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:58 pm

Hey all... I've been on the Duromine for about a Fortnight now... I haven't experienced any side effects as yet. My supervisors at work reckon I'm performing at my usual standards, my parents haven't noticed any change. And, for the first time in a couple of years, I'm actually going to bed, going to sleep, and not waking up until my alarm goes off. (I don't know if this is from the near 5kg I've lost, or the Duromine). Once I have lost the weight I don't expect it to come back on as I am naturally a very fit and active person, and once the weight is gone I can get back into my sports and martial arts training I was unable to do when I damaged my Cruciate Ligament and as a result put on 50kg. Again thanks for your concern.
Victims; Aren't we all...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wX0EW8N/]
[/url]
Immortal

Postby Immortal » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:01 pm

Kate,
I can't speak for everyone on this issue, but it may be offered because only limited numbers of people suffer from the side effects. I don't know the full statistics. All information I have read suggested that side effects usually reveal themselves in the first 2 - 4 days, and I have not experienced any thing other than normal life.

[/url]
Immortal

Postby Immortal » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:03 pm

The duromine has helped reduce my appetite, but I'd die if I only ate 2 spoons of soup a day, I have to have something to fill my gut every couple of hours still, I just don't feel like over eating or anything.

[/url]
Immortal

Postby Chelle » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:17 pm

Glad to hear that it is working for you & congrat's on the weightloss that's execellant.
Chelle

Postby Immortal » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:20 pm

Thanks Chelle.

[/url]
Immortal

Postby sandrah » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:52 pm

im also glad you are losing weight and are not having problems with the duromine and glad you are getting your sleep! please make sure you see your doctor if things change. i really do not want to offend you by saying this as i really dont mean to but i hope others out there do not look at duromine as a primary treatment for their weight problem as it is not usually the best way to go but obviously for some people it is appropriate. if i have offended you in any way please let me know. keep it up :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wwfno2C/]
[/url]
sandrah

Postby milkyway » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:06 pm

Hey Immortal - sounds like you're one of the people Duromine works for in a positive way.

What kind of martial arts did you used to do? I'm a bit of a MA freak myself :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Immortal » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:59 am

Predominantly I study Tae Kwon Do, but it is a style used for practical street self defence... I sort of call it Jeet Kune Do Tae Kwon Do. The focus of 70% legs to 30% hands has been changed to 50/50. As our Master instructor was a boxer for years. Alot of grappling has been included because another of our instructors studied Aikido. We also do alot more weapons work cause another instructor went and learnt Kali. When training, we focus on training for street confontations, we restrict kicks above the waist, and we can use any techniques we like during sparring, because you never know what to expect. The Instructors actively encourage you to learn aspects from other Martial Arts styles once you get into your higher ranks.
I myself have trained in Tae Kwon Do for nearly 8 years. I've still got a while to go till I get my Black belt, but I have also studied 2 years boxing, 6 months Capoeria and 6 months Aikido in that time. I'm now looking into learning some Ninjitsu to throw in.
What Martial Arts stuff you into then???

[/url]
Immortal

Postby charlimc » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:21 pm

my dr put me on Duromine a couple of yrs back i did lose alot of weight because i basically ate nothing, i became very addicted to it and started using it as a party drug taking about 3 a nite and danced the nites away ( my exercise ) i stopped buying them as it is very expensive.. about a yr ago i asked the doc for them again and i went back on them but i couldnt handle them at all, it has an ingredient that is in speed and you CANT sleep, i rem feeling so tired and trying to go to sleep but it was like torture my mind just wouldnt stop and i couldnt keep still, i wanted to sleep that bad but coudnt i would end up in Tears, it was horrible. Honestly i think its a unpleasent quick fix that isnt good for you at all, it dosnt teach you anything, you dnt want to be on it for the rest of your life. you basiically need to teach yourself to eat healthy to lose the weight instead of putting a drug in you that makes you feel less hungry and is Very addictive.. i regret going on it because it made me extreamly depressed and so out of balance and i just ended up gaining more weight than i was in the 1st place.
Charli x
charlimc

Postby Immortal » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:28 am

Hey, I understand your view point, and I'm sorry it didn't work for you. For me, I'm now up to around Day 22 of using Duromine, and still have had no problems, when bed time rocks up, I'm out like a light. I've never had an addictive type personality, and I personally, don't find myself feeling any different to my normal self.
The Duromine is being used to help me during my VLCD diet, and I find myself still consuming all elements of my VLCD diet, and very rarely missing any part, because when I do forget to eat a part, I feel hungry. On the occasional day I have forgotten to take my Duromine, I find myself more hungry than usual.
As for following a healthy eating plan, I have done that, and it did not work. The only reason I put on weight was because I was basically flat on my back for 2 years, undergoing knee operations, where it was a struggle and huge effort to get from my bed to the lounge, therefore, not burning any calories, but consuming food as normal.
I will eat healthily, as I always have done, once I finish my Duromine and VLCD program. I don't envision putting any weight back on once I have finished, due to that combination of healthy eating and being able to exercise fully again. I guess this is why different things work for different people. I'm not trying to change my lifestyle to become more healthy, I'm trying to get back to what my lifestyle is... And maybe that's why this works for me.

[/url]
Immortal

Postby yummymummy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:49 pm

whats LVCD

& Im glad duoromine works for you!
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Chelle » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:45 pm

How are you going with your weight now, is it still comming down??
Chelle

Postby Immortal » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:06 pm

VLCD means Very Low Calorie Diet. I consume around 800 calories a day, with a combination of 3 shakes, 200g of vegies and a piece of fruit.
Yes, I'm still losing weight. Over my last 8 days I lost around 2.5 to 3kg.

[/url]
Immortal

Postby Chelle » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:30 pm

Congratulation Immortial & well done!!
Chelle

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk