It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Duromine

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Immortal » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:34 pm

thanks.
Victims; Aren't we all...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wX0EW8N/]
[/url]
Immortal

weight loss drugs

Postby spaffy » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:01 pm

omg... congrats on the weight loss!!!!

i have been eating approx 1300 cal a day and exercising five time a week and have put on weight due to some medications that i am taking and my doctor is thinking about putting me on some meds to reduce appetite but i am really unsure about it still.. thanks for the post as it has kinda helped me explore the issues around it.. my partner is really negative about medication but i think i may give it a go anyway!!!! its been 4 months and i have actually put on 3 kg!!
thanks again
spaffy

Postby Immortal » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:31 am

That's okay... I'm glad it has helped you explore some of the issues, now I guess it's your turn to way everything up???

[/url]
Immortal

Postby anom » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:29 pm

I just got some today. I work out and eat healthy but need to lose about 5 kgs before my wedding in 4 weeks time and told the doctor i was struggling to lose weight so needed something to help me. she automatically prescribed duromine. in hindsight she isn't my family doctor and didn't even ask me if i have any underlying illnesses etc..

because i am wary about this stuff but desperate, i talked to the pharmacist- she told me that there would be some side effects such as dizzyness and to make sure i take it in the morning so that i can sleep at night. Also because im only taking it for one month, that it is not a problem in regards to addiction. she says that with all medication there are side effects that you can get. So just follow the instructions.

I'd hope that you got it because you are already working out and eating right...because if i ddin't need to fit well into my dress i would not take this... in general i enjoy looking after myself and believe in losing it the normal way of 'more exercise, more healthy foods, no junk unless special occasion ;) '

by the way- i am new here- nice to meet you all. =)
anom

duromine = speed!? would it come up on a drug test then!?

Postby anom » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:11 am

probably a stupid question but curious - especially now that the police do random drug tests on the roads - i've seen random sites that say duromine is speed. however i've seen other sites that say it is not- just similiar.

either way- if i get pulled over and i took a duromine tablet earlier- will it come up when i take the test? what is the test haha,,i've only ever done the 'blow into the machine' for the drinking test. :wink:
anom

ANOTHER question! blood pressure and duromine

Postby anom » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:26 am

question about duromine: does the doctor always have to check your blood pressure beforehand? mine didn't though i think i would be in normal range or abit under (have been consistent like that ever since i started general check ups)..did he have to? i know it wouldn't be high. my iron levels in general are low though. first day today and i am fine except mouth very dry- i have had about 2L of water today. gym like normal, normal meals but minimal..no cravings. pharmacist says i don't have to worry about addiction risks because im only taking it for 3-4 weeks.also doctor says because in general i go to gym and already eat healthy (the duromine is my desperate last step for this month before my wedding -also need to lose 5 kgs to reach healthy weight. i am 163cm/67kg. BMI of 27.) .

i am generally a paranoid person so thought i'd check on the blood pressure thing. should i go check or leave it. im not feeling like my heart is racing..when i first took it i felt very energetic/adrenalin pumping feeling for a couple of hours but now im just awake and normal.

does all this sound ok?

p.s i've overposted around here. so sorry but am having one of those days where i am seeking as much advice as possible =)
anom

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:26 pm

I can't tell you whether it would come up, but I am guessing that unless it says in the leaflet to not drive you should be ok - or at least have a very good argument against a charge.

They test you with a saliva test.

without doing any googling I am assuming duromine is a stimulant. Therefore the adrenaline pumped feeling doesn't surprise me, but it is good that this has settled. it never hurts to get your BP checked, so go ahead, if nothing else it may just reassure you everything is fine.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:44 pm

I dont really know much about duromine (other than my friend who used it) but anom, you said that you would only be on it for a month, so thats not long enough to get addicted to it, thats a real generalisation, because YOU may get addicted after a very short period of time (like a few doses even) if you have an addictive personality, or not at all if you dont... so, just be wary and keep an eye on it ;)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby anom » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:02 pm

thanks for the tips! i called the pharmacist before and she said i should be fine- if i get headaches or chest pain then go see doctor. also she says it wouldn't come up on a drug test - and when i mentioned speed she didn't say it WAS speed but something to do with it may have similiar ingredients.. or something to do with how it converts to something.. and in general how it gives the same feeling of being energetic and happy.

by the way- haha i didn't know what some people meant about moods but i had 2 hours of TODAY IS A Great day! and (ok i personally 20% blame this on the duromine and 80% on a pain in the a$$ boss!!!!!) then i got all 'argh don't talk to me' - that came and passed like within 10mins haha. then again im usually like that due to pms so im not sure how much i was affected by the duromine hehe.

geez im really going wiht the water though! i think i had 3L today. everyone is getting sick around me and i keep confusing my dry mouth for a possible sign of a sore throat coming :P

Cheers everyone! hope your day is well!

"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going"

the best thing i heard was a random comment 'the hardest part is starting'.... u know what i mean if u have jumped on a treadmill- the first 5mins you think 'i want to get off..' and you tough it out for 10mins or something and before you know it you just 'go with the flow' and 20mins..30mins..40 mins pass!

Everyone be happy! tomorrow is a new day! yeah yeah!
anom

Postby lozzar » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:29 am

Hey everyone im new here
i just started duromine on tuesday so i searched it because i wanna share my experiences with other people.
so far i have lost like 4kgs in 5 days, im sure alot is fluid but im really happy with these results. I read all these warning signs, and ill admit it scared me when i read the forums about duromine, but how many people in australia are overweight? how many people have gone to get weightloss pills? and how many is there? 3 from what i know xenical (orange poo) ,reductil (twice the price) and duromine. And on forums alot more people post bad experiences then they do good ones, people are more likely to share bad experiences thats why, so give it a go. There are side effects with eveything, if you get them stop taking it.

I know alot of people put back on the weight with these pills, but i dont want to be one of them. i have been overweight for as long as i can remember, but i look at myself now and what i eat and i look at my skinny friends and what they eat (so much more, so much worse, and have never entered a gym in their lives) and i wonder why i keep it on. my mum works at fernwood, as a weightloss consultant (go figure) and for a while i was going to the gym 4 days a week, eating well etc and lost like less then a kilo. im taking these pills for a headstart.

So here are my experiences in the last week.
On duromine i still get hungry, i still eat, but i feel as though ive had enough when in the past i may have bought or made more.
I havent bought chocolate all week
ive been drinking 2-3L of water a day, when before that (my whole life)ive never drinken 600mls in one go
ive been eating around 5000kjs a day with the 5 small meals diet
ive been going to the gym 4 days a week, walking there and back (kms) and have done laps at the park the other days
i will admit ive been scared of having a heart attack but im 18 and i doubt it.
SIDE EFFECTS:
Dry mouth
Gas? (i cant stop burping??)
diarrhea (once)
vomiting (may have been the salmon)
Dizzyness/fuzzyness some afternoons (it could be a sugar thing)

But these are short lived and i havent had insomnia. one day i couldnt sleep but i was just too excited thinking about loosing weight lol.

If you do duromine, do the excercise and diet or you will put it on. im just using it for a boost, but with a diet and excercise regime im going to keep (im really enjoying it) ill hope ill keep it off. so plan all this before you go on it, and dont worry they wouldnt sell it if you were (probably) going to die, i think i nearly died of worry before i took it hearing all the storys. if you do it right, as my doctor would say "YOU WILL WIN" lol

oh and anom i thought duromine was only perscribed for people with over 30bmi but your under so i guess not.
lozzar

Postby Immortal » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:40 am

Lozzar,

I totally hear you man... And if you wanna read some of my experiences with Duromine in more detail, check out Immortal's Progress...
I'm not using Duromine to lose weight, but to assist me in getting on the right path.

Also, a good doctor will know whether it is something you should be able to take or not. I know of somebody who was in a similar position as me, and wasn't allowed to take Duromine because they had an "Addictive Type" personality. And therefore Duromine was not suitable for them.

[/url]
Immortal

Postby lozzar » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:10 pm

yeah ive think ive read through it before but ill go have another look. Its good that you hear me, because im sick of people who say im using the "easy way out" when im working my ass off in the gym and keeping to my diet. even if i wasnt on these pills i would be losing weight, probably not as much, but yeah its a kickstart. i know people abuse duromine, dont eat on them, be lazy, and then go off them and get even fatter but im not one of them :)
lozzar

Postby gottadoit » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:07 pm

i have taken both duromine and reductil (at different times on doctors advice) neither had any real effect on weightloss for me. duromine was like being on a coffee high for the first couple of days i was wide awake full of energy and in a cleaning frenzy... i even cleaned my tv remote!! :shock: then my body adjusted to it, and i didn't lose anymore weight i just had mood swings. i persisted for a few months then went off it.
Good luck it will be interesting to hear what you think of it
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7g6Lek/]
[/url]
gottadoit

Postby Immortal » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:55 am

I've now been on duromine for approx 2.5 months, and VLCD program for first month, and modifed low cal plan for last 1.5 months. I've only ever found the duromine to control my appetite, so I have no problems with hyper-activity or not getting to sleep... I actually sleep like a log. Since increaing my calories, and decreasing my exercise to a degree, due to work commitments, I have slowed my weight loss, but it has not stopped at all.

[/url]
Immortal

Postby Immortal » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:15 am

Just a query, To all the people who had BAD experiences on Duromine... Does anybody know, or can remember what strength dosage they were on???

[/url]
Immortal

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk