It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:15 am

Free Newsletter

Duromine

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby spaffy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:21 am

After lots of consideration i have taken duromine for about a week now. I have had minimal side effects (dry mouth - not a big deal). however it has really helped me focus on what i should be eating and not what i crave/want to eat. I have also cut my portion sizes down to a little less than what they will be on the maintenance program. exercising my normal amt and lost 1.5kg in the first week. This has been a real kick in the right direction for me!
spaffy

Postby Litada » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:44 pm

Hi there,

I have taken duromine on 2 seperate occasions once when i was about 20 and then again about 2 years ago.

It really depends on the type of person you are and the lifestyle you have but for myself i found it useless.

It was like i have taken speed i couldnt sleep or eat i was up till all hours of the night and then tired all day.

It settled down after a week or so but unless you can go without sleep for long periods of time i wouldnt do it. Also it was expensive and doesnt show you what to eat.
NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLwOz39/]
[/url]
Litada

duromine

Postby mimosa8 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:51 pm

my doctor has just prescribed this for me.

Looking foreward to having more energy temporarily and a bit more help reducing the cravings.

Hope it doesnt make me crazy?

anyone had bad side effects? I have been umming and arring about this for a month now weather or not to take it. but I suppose at the end of the day use anything that you can if you are going to be healthy about the way you go about it.

My plan is to follow kate morgan type diet.
but substitute shake for soup and tin of tuna if i dont feel like it (shake)

Plan on doing 2 hrs of exercise per day 1hr in the morning and the other at night. might start with 30 mins x twice per day in the first week..

I want to lose 8-10 kg by next month. my friends wedding.

I plan on taking only half a tablet 20mg instead of the 40mg tablet.
and getting up early.

Weights are the hardest part, find it hard to make myself do them!!

Have xantrax (green tea and gurana tabs) might alternate between the two.

Plan on taking multivitamin and spirulina and fishoils too.

Green tea and lemon tea instead of coffee.

I am 58 kg now. 5'4. I have heard that the less you have to lose the harder it is.

Anyone else have experience with this or have tps/ ideas so not to go crazy or ill on this meds?
mimosa8

Postby Kelsbels » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:04 pm

My sister and i have both used Duromine. My sister went from 120kgs to 55 kgs in about 6 months with out excerise. However was left with those awful bags of saggy skin.

I started using it after Plateuing. I had lost 20 kilos through personal training and calorie counting.

I still had another 20 kilos to lose so my DR offered me Duromine. It had the total opposite effect with me then it did with my sister. It made depressed and aggressive. I did not get any extra energy, it actually made me sleep more and eat more..

I craved lollies and chips from the time i woke up to the time i went to bed.

Moral of the story be very very careful with a drug like this... Even if a Doctor recommends it!!!.
Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wX8gXAX/]
[/url]
Kelsbels

Postby spaffy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:31 pm

As with every drug on the market there are side effects. if you start taking it and you feel crap/aggressive etc STOP TAKING IT. in the month or so i took duromine it helped me look at the food i was eating and eat what i should not what i wanted.

Now that i am no longer taking it i do get more hungry but my body is used to eating healthy food and healthy amts of food so i feel horrible if i over eat. i am 2kg off my goal weight and I would never have got so close to it if i had not taken duromine. it was a great kick start.

I have never felt better about myself. Just be open and honest with yourself and your doctor..
spaffy

Postby yoyogirl88 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:04 pm

Im amazed I am obese by BMI (I also have a 35% body fat) and not all that skinny looking and my dr will NOT put me on duromine because he doesnt think that its that urgent and issue for me yet drs are prescribing it to 58 Kg people. I dont mean to offend anyone but hope you guys are really short because duromine for just a little bit of liss could be dangerous not only that if you stop taking it after you hit your goal and start eating properly and not exercising again it will all come back on.

I am just amazed at these drs who prescribe like the world is ending. It just doesnt seem healthy to me.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Immortal » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:54 pm

I finished taking Duromine about 2 months ago, after losing nearly 30kg. Having reset my eating habits by drinking shakes, and the re-introducing healthy foods. I now actually feel sick, and nauseas from eating ANY food with a high fat content.

I've now been eating normally and healthily for the last 2 months with minimal exercise and have still managed to lose the occasional kilo.

I personally had no problems with duromine, but as I have always said, It should be something that is closely monitored and stopped if side effects do present.
Victims; Aren't we all...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wX0EW8N/]
[/url]
Immortal

Postby Jane85 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:30 pm

I tried duromine for only about a month, but found in that time that I was light headed and dizzy often and got a bit snappy/ short fused at ties.

Also I didn't find it practical with a normal lifestyle. Eating first thing in the morning then surviving on pills and the odd bit of fruit just didn't feel normal.

I lost a few kilos, but put them back on as soon as I reverted back to my old ways.

I personally wouln't reccomend it to anyone.
Jane85

Postby Juddy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:04 am

I've been taking Flaxseed Oil for a while now. It seems to help me not feel as hungry while at the same time, providing me with benefitial nutrients and vitamins:

http://ga.essortment.com/whatisflaxsee_pfy.htm
Juddy

Re: Duromine

Postby tereev » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:22 pm

The side effects are not so nice, headaches, palpatations, insomnia. But if you are only up to 10kgs over weight you will only need to take Duromine for approx a month to lose most of that. The Doctors will only give you a prescription for 3 months max if you are obese because that is all you need to get you on track. So being merely overweight you will probably only get a 1 month prescription. This stuff works!!!!!! I lost 23 kgs in 2 months I went from 98kgs to 75kgs. It is the only thing that has worked for me so far. I have done Weighless, Weight Watchers, Dietician, Thins, etc...

My favourite is when I drive home from work we have a KFC that we drive past on the way home and I can smell that KFC before I even get close to it, but when I took my Duromine I could never smell the KFC I never had the urge for it, I was forcing myself to eat.

It normally comes with a diet guide in the box because the whole reason for Duromine is to get yourself eating healthy and getting yourself into a routine at meal times. Set your meal times set a healthy menu and stick to it, after 1-2 months on Duromine you should be into your routine and eating healthy when you stop.
tereev

Postby DancingInTheDark » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:46 am

I started on Duromine yesterday. So far so good. I am currently about 40 kilo's overweight and 21 years old.
I understand that there may be side effects and to not treat it as a magic pill. Obviously 40 kilo's will be a lot to lose so I am focusing on exercise and healthy eating as well.
DancingInTheDark

Postby AmoreEmorte » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:04 am

hi I was on it i liked it for the first two days but after that it was all down hill it gave me the crazies i have to be objective because i already have schizophrenia i may have just had a bad effect on me because it brought out the things that are already in my nature but i still do not recommend it one of its main side effects if the lack of sleep and not sleeping is often the start of psychosis (maybe not for every one) but i thing depriving your brain of sleep is like inviting insanity. please think carefully about it before taking the meds is your weight worth more to you than sanity? i dont think there are and miracle pills out there

best of luck :)
AmoreEmorte

Postby surfchick33 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:09 am

Ooh this is nasty stuff! I tried it many years ago & was a mess for weeks afterwards. I personally wouldn't recommend it. Why do you want to lose weight so fast? Remember, it is something that you need to do at a safe & steady pace. After years of struggling with my weight, I finally lost it, but I did it in a healthy way.

Good luck, but my advice is don't go there!
surfchick33

Postby Amazon Princess » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:59 pm

I lost 12 kgs using Duromine and then went on to lose an additional 16 kgs. I kept the weight off for 5 years and then a work related back injury saw me stack the weight on again. I'm so mad at myself for letting it get away from me, but it just seemed easier to wait another day before doing something about it. I'm still deciding if I want to go back on it because it can have ramifications for my job - I work in law enforcement. If your doctor is decent and is going to monitor you on it then I say go ahead give it a go. If you have private health insurance it's deductible because it's a prescribed drug.
Amazon Princess

Postby gracie » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:19 am

I was addicted to duromine in the early 80's, sure I lost a stack of weight and kept it off for many years but virtually had to starve myself.I became anorexic when I was taking it, bulimic when I couldn't get it! I completely stuffed my metabolism. Eventually I became immune to the stuff, it would speed(as thats what it is a form of speed) me up for a few days and then do nothing and that was the highest dose (40) you could get. A lot of truck drivers take it to stay awake. Now in later life it is extremely difficult for me to lose weight, personally I wish I had never heard of the rotten stuff!
gracie

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk