It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:56 am

Free Newsletter

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

Postby Jacquie93 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:22 pm

hey,
I'm 14 and my weight is 59kg I don't think I'm really fat but everything I tryed to do just doesnt work for me I've started going to the gym but thats just made me eat even more cause then I always think i'll burn it off at the gym but I don't so I become even bigger! and nearly everyone in my school is skinny it just really annoys me cause at summer when we do swimming in PE everyone is in their bikinis with there flat stomachs and I don't have a flat stomach. And it also makes me very upset when I go shopping cause I see all these skinny girls who look good in clothes cause their skinny with all there 'hot bf' which I've never had a bf and I think it's cause I'm not a stick like everyone else. Also It would be a dream come true if I was skinny by the formal in yr 12! So can someone whose lost weight and has toned up PLEASE tell me what you did like what excercise programs and what food.
THANKYOU SOOO MUCH! :D
Jacquie93

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:30 pm

hmmm 59 kg is pretty small ;) I dont know what to say re exercise and food, healthy eating and exercise are always good, but as far as weight loss what is your BMI? If you are overweight, then yes, maybe look into losing weight...if not, it sounds like you have a few confidence issues? It is SO HARD to be a teenager! :shock: Everyone seems perfect, and everyone's life seems better than yours....damn hormones! Everything is all over the place....maybe have a look into doing some kind of confidence course, so that you can learn to love you and feel confident in your skin?? ;)
As far as a flatter belly, maybe try some sit ups :) Sorry Im not much more help, but it sounds to me like you have a few inner issues to sort out, re your confidence about your body, rather than weight loss ;) Just my opinion though! Let us know how you get on :) xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby SarahC » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:35 am

Hi Jacquie. Over the years I have lost a tonne of weight... all the same 5 or 7 kgs going on and coming off again mind you :wink: The best way I have found to do it is by keeping a food diary, recording calories in and out. I've been writing down everything that I eat for at least the last 10 years! Maybe look at calorieking.com.au or get yourself a pocket calorie counter book and start to learn about calories and healthy eating...

With excercise, just do as much as you can, depending on your fitness and how much time you have available.

You know what, I won the "belle of the ball" at my year 12 formal (in 1994 :oops: ) and I was by no means skinny. I think my dress was a fairly generous size 12 and I would have weighed at least 56kg. (I'm a size 8 and just under 50kg now. No way I could still wear that dress :( ) Anyway, I'm sure it was my bright smiley face that got me over the line haha. Same with potential boyfriends... all they want to see is your lovely smiling face and inner confidence shining through. They won't care how big or small you are then :D
SarahC

Postby madeline » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:17 am

Hehe ok I feel I should tackle this one... I'm 19 and weigh pretty much what you do so I understand where you're coming from, and with the whole swimsuit thing, I used to swim 4 times a week, and yes it's easy to compare yourself to other people, but what really matters is that you take care of your body as best you can (moisturise, take care of your hair and grooming, nails, etc) and don't focus so much on the scales. While I was swimming I was around 55kgs, and I still wasn't the skinniest person on the team, not by far. There'll always be some genetically blessed people, and some people far less genetically blessed than yourself.

As for the formal, why don't you find out what styles of dress really suit you, because finding the perfect dress could even make you look like you've lost weight! There are plenty of internet sites about suiting your shape (i.e. hiding a belly, flaunting legs, enhancing/reducing bust, etc). Also a pair of killer heels will make you look longer and leaner.

And finally, as for losing weight this is what you must do- account for everything that passes your lips. Get to know when you're hungry and when you're just eating out of habit. Don't go back for seconds, make a smaller portion than usual too. If you must stuff yourself, stuff yourself with salad. If you must drink til you're bloated, drink diet coke or water. At our age, metabolism is usually pretty good, so if you make changes like this, you'll probably see the results very soon (especially around your tummy, it'll be flat after a few days of doing this).
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby grugwashere » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:18 am

i remember when i was 14 i weighed 63 kilos i remember thinking oh my god i am so big compared to everyone else.. however now i would kill to be 63 kilos...

it all comes down to confidence... i am sure you are a gorgeous young girl.. but other people can be cruel.. when i was 63 kilos i was wearing size 8 jeans.. but i still got taunted with jenny craig jokes.

i think you should aim at being healthy instead of losing weight... you will most likely lose wieght along the way... but you shouldnt start pressuring yourself about weightloss so young... i think i worried about it far to much and it resulted in me forming an eating disorder...

if you eat relatively healthy food and excercise a few times a week (why dont you join a sports team?) you should become more confident and healthy and also lose some weight sooner than you know it!
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:03 pm

Hi jaquie,
I can totally understand you fretting over your weight - everything is about image at your age and I remember so well feeling similar to what you are describing when I was in school.

Please try to remember though that you are 14 and still growing and maturing. For this reason, please don't try any drastic measures like starving yourself etc. because your health and metabolism will get you back ten fold.

The best way to go about it if you need to shed a few kilos is to fist talk to your doctor, school nurse (if you still have one these days), trusted teacher or parents about it. We can't tell you if you need to lose weight or not just by your weight. If you are tall and well matured for your age, 59kg may be a very healthy and normal weight and your non flat tummy may just be the natural curves your body develops as it matures. As I said, we don't know, so it is best to talk with someone who knows you and you trust to give you an accurate opinion (that may not be your best girl friend though). And really, your weight should not be impacting on your opinion of your self. You are the same person at 59kg as you will be at your goal weight and if people do not accept that then honestly, do you really want friends/boyfriends that are that shallow?

If you decide you do need to lose weight, please be sensible about it. Try recording your eating and exercise habits to start with so you know exactly what it is you are doing or not doing. Then you can start making changes. Maybe you will stop having that chocolate bar, or have a salad sandwich instead of a burger for lunch and take the dog for a walk in the morning before school.

Whatever you decide to do, do it slowly so you have time to learn your new healthy habits. Around .5 to 1kg per week is good.

Just as a guide, here is (roughly) what I did to lose 35kg over around 1 year
- increase exercise. began with walk/jogging around a local reserve. Then got a bike and cycle to work/uni. I now ride 2hrs per day, 37km return - many people here exercise less, but also eat less than me. It's all about balance
- eat more healthily - I am not doing a 'diet' but focussing on health. I try to make what I eat as un-processed as possible so less cakes, white bread, chips, fast food etc and more veg, fruit, wholemeal. I primarily have reduced fats and sugars - don't use butter/marg, reduced cheese use, no longer have sugar in tea, have low fat milk, reduced intake of treats like chocolate, cake, biscuits.

For me, nothing is banned, I just try to make healthy choices and allow myself those treats occasionally.

I hope some of this helps you and that you get to your goals!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby toofat » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:55 pm

I'm 18, 98kg.. I'm SOO overweight, obese!!! i've been taking xenical for a few days and there's an orange leakage.. Ugh... i feel so disgusted!! but i have to persevere!!

Xenical stops the human digestive system from digesting and absorbing certain fat taken through food. This, however, nullifies the chances of calories settling down on the body

source: http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3729-s-XENICAL.aspx

Do you think it would work for me? I really want to lose weight!
toofat

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:15 pm

It may well work for you, but there are likely to be side effects. It may be that the side effects make it impractical for you.

Also, are you sure that once you have lost weight on xenical that you will be able to control your eating and exercise so that you don't gain the weight back again??

There are different paths for different people and Xenical may be a tool for you, BUT you need to make sure you learn how to be healthy once you stop taking it.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby ali » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:54 pm

Hey Jacquie! Im 19 and I can remember all too well what it was like for me at 14. I have always struggled with my weight a bit, all my friends are naturally petite and I had a few extra curves and that made me self conscious, especially at the pool!!!

At your age (not to sound patronising at all!) I would suggest just watching what you eat, and not a strict diet, as your body is still growing and it needs all the good things food can give our body, so its not a good idea to start cutting out whole groups of food.

Having said that, just try to make a conscious decision to eat healthier. You can still have your soft drinks and chips, but save them for the movies and girl nights, so they are treats. During the week, limit yourself to one biscuit instead of a few, drink PLENTY of water instead of soft drinks or juice which contain lots of sugar and extra calories and have healthy sandwiches and fruit at skl instead of buying your lunch from the canteen. Simple things like this will really help! Plus exercise and you will have that flat tummy in no time!

Good on you for going to the gym! Thats great! Exercise does make you more hungry, however just be aware of when you are actually hungry and when you just feel like eating because you can.

When I was 14 I was desperate to lose weight for the yr 10 formal, and I did! Just by making small changes and going to the gym for an hour a night, 5 days a week. Also, watch your serving sizes, and maybe serve yourself slightly less so your not tempted to eat it just because its on your plate, and not because you are actually hungry!

Good luck! And remember, confidence is the key! Guys know when a girl is confident and they are attracted to that. I know from experience, being shy and self conscious myself. I didnt start dating til I was 17, but now I have a fab bf and I am so happy. Besides, my bf likes the fact that I havent been with heaps of other guys, its a turn off! So dont worry about it! Wait til you find someone who is worth dating, and not just the first person to ask you! You'll thank yourself later!

Good luck!!!!!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby Jacquie93 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:33 pm

awww thx sooo much for the help every1! and for the people who wanted 2 know my height im 165.
Jacquie93

Postby ali » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:15 am

If you're 165cm and only 59kg you probably dont need to lose that much weight at all, maybe just a couple of kgs.

Maybe just focus on toning up some problem areas like your tummy.

Im 160cm and my goal weight is 53kg, so my goal is a little less than your current weight but thats because im shorter.

You really neednt worry about your weight too much. Just focus on eating healthy and doing some regular exercise, rather than freaking out about your weight.

And confidence!!!!! Im sure you a gorgeous girl, and just because you dont look like all of your friends, doesnt mean you arnt as beautiful as them.

I look so different to all of my friends, they are all TINY and blonde or brown, gorgeous... And im curvy, red head with freakles! Lol. But my bf loves me for me and thinks im heaps sexier than all of my friends.

Dont worry about fitting in, sometimes its better to stand out. Just be confident in who you are!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Return to Weight loss Talk