It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:28 am

Free Newsletter

Bored already

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Bored already

Postby Immortal » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:39 pm

What do you do, when your diet becomes boring, and all your doing is sitting there saying not this same stuff all over again???
Victims; Aren't we all...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wX0EW8N/]
[/url]
Immortal

Postby emma21 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:44 pm

Make some changes to your diet..

Is there a particular diet that you are following?

Hmmm dont think of it as a diet - think of it as a lifestyle change - its something thats helping you become the person you want to be...
emma21

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:11 am

Are you doing optifast still Immortal?? I have known a few people who have chucked in optifast for that exact reason....theres not much variety at all is there? :( I guess the thing is that if the weight loss is good, maybe it will be worth it?? :D Keep us updated! :D xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby vanessa0305 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:23 am

I just mix it up. I try to keep my carbs low but when I am having a bored week, I might introduce some low gi cargs to keep me interested.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby milkyway » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:45 am

I've been revisiting www.taste.com.au and The Better Health Channel for recipe ideas. Hopefully you can find something there that will fit in with your Optifast plan? I'm not sure how restrictive it is... what kind of food can you or can't you eat?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Immortal » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:00 pm

Basically the diet consists of 3 shakes, a piece of fruit and 200g of vegies(minus high carb vegies like pumpkin, potatoe etc) daily. You are allowed some low fat/salt/sugar condiments, but only thing like Soy sauce, garlic etc.

[/url]
Immortal

Postby Immortal » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:02 pm

I've been able to mix up the shakes a bit my having a Vanilla shake and blending it with fruit. oday, I'm trying Vanilla and Bannana... But it's just starting to look like same old vegies with same old shakes.

[/url]
Immortal

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:05 pm

I didnt think you were allowed fruit on the intensive stage of optifast?? Only on maintenance?
When i did optifast (and the reason I stopped is the same you are mentioning now btw ;) i used difference essences in the shakes...you can get them in the cake mix/jelly/ toppings aisle of any supermarket....i used to like - chocolate shake with orange essence (tasted like a jaffa) or choc with peppermint essence...vanilla with strawberry was nice... you can get banana essence, coffee, anything at all, and that really helped me ;) They are about $1.00 per bottle, with the food dye and that type of thing :) Im sure you could get a more extensive range from a baking shop too :D Good luck with it :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Immortal » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:52 pm

Between 130kg and 100kg 1 piece of fruit daily and 200 g vegies, under 100kg just the vegies, no fruit. I'm actually using opti slim predominantly, with a couple of opti fast things to change variety a bit.

[/url]
Immortal

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:35 am

hmmm, ordinarily I would be saying to get creative, but it appears this diet is quite restrictive in what you can have, so I'm loath to suggest anything lest you not be able to eat it. However, the idea still stands. get a list of all the things you can eat and see what you can make with it (stuff one vegetable with a mix of others and some herbs, stirfrys, pies/omelette type things if eggs are in etc). if you're just doing steamed veg day after day I'm be bored too - and I grew up in a vegetarian household.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Weight loss Talk