It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:10 am

Free Newsletter

Tony Ferguson - How Long Should I Stay On??

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Tony Ferguson - How Long Should I Stay On??

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:20 am

Hi Guys,

I'm seeking your opinions as whilst the TF forum is really good, it aint the place to start questioning how long I should stay on TF!!

I'm into my 6th week and seeing results. I had a couple of weeks with smaller losses but that was due to blow outs on wine (which I now know pauses ketosis). I'm just feeling really over it this week.

I would kill for some toast for breakie and a proper lunch, but my biggest reason for starting TF is my total lack of dicsipline so I don't trust myself with the whole "healthy eating in moderation" thing right now.

I was always planning on staying on till I hit goal weight (which is really somewhere between 50-54) and then following their low GI maintenance plan (which seems totally do-able for my lifestyle / tastes).

Thoughts guys? Appreciate any feedback - I think I'm just in a bad diet headspace this week! I had my smallest loss (400g) last week, so am hoping a bigger weigh in this Sat will re-motivate me.
Lush Gal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:22 am

the thing with programmes such as tf is that you need to stick with them 110% to see the results. if you are craving 'normal' food then maybe you can do the 1 shake a day plan?

with any sort of weightloss plan you need to stick to is as long as you can, if not try and mix it around a bit to make it more satisfying.
kate_turner2000

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:37 am

Thanks Kate - I know you're right, it's either all in or not, I'm going away for my hubby's b'day (one night at the vineyards on Sunday Aug 19th) so hopefully that little treat of a blow out dinner and hotel breakie will keep me focussed.
Lush Gal

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:52 am

I think you should do what you feel comfortable doing :) On drs orders I am now back on optifast, and (funnily enoiugh!) I feel great this time round....no hunger or anything and its only day 2... I think because I have in mind similar to what you said, I want to make goal (or at least be in my healthy weight range and not obese) and then go on with healthy eating after that ...Maybe if you cant do the eating in moderation thing it might be worthwhile to counc calories/points? Then you know how much you can eat, and when to stop, and shouldnt have too many probs :) Im going to join ww and do the same when I get closer to goal :) Hope that helps a little! :D
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:24 am

Lush Gal wrote:Thanks Kate - I know you're right, it's either all in or not, I'm going away for my hubby's b'day (one night at the vineyards on Sunday Aug 19th) so hopefully that little treat of a blow out dinner and hotel breakie will keep me focussed.

enjoy your hubbys birthday away it sounds really special for the both of you. and sometimes it takes a meal to get you out of ketosis and then when you start back you should see a kickstart and more of a focus on the numbers going downwards :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:11 am

Thanks guys!

Well today is going well - treated myself and as my two serves of allowed fruit I just had a pile of fresh strawberries for morning tea!

I'm feeling really positive again. It just feels like it's never going to end some days ....

My next treat after hubby's b'day is 3 nights away at a B&B in the Blue Mtns from Sept 20th for my b'day. So at least I have treats to look forward to.
Lush Gal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:20 pm

yeah think of them as rewards :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Weight loss Talk