It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:37 am

Free Newsletter

Summer

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Summer

Postby dietcoke » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:24 pm

I know it's a total cliche but summer is my motivation (yet again) to tone up and lose a few kilos. Here's why...

- I want to feel good in my swimmers

- I want to buy a couple of light summer dresses (and look half decent in them)

- I want to be able to buy a lemonade icy pole every now and again and have the metabolism to burn it off (and not feel guilty)

- I want to look and feel good for the three most important days in summer...Christmas, NYE and my BIRTHDAY!

I've decided to buy myself a little something every couple of weeks in the lead up to summer if I'm a good girl. So far the list consists of:

- John Frieda Ocean Waves (it's hair product)

- St Tropez gradual tanning lotion

-Napoleon Auto Pilot primer

So it would be interesting to hear what's motivating everyone else - especially if it's something to do with summer... What's motivating you guys?
dietcoke

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:29 pm

those products you are going to buy sound great dietcoke!

ditto to the dress comment too. i really want to wear a nice summery dress with a pair of slip- on shoes and not have to worry about my fat calves or tuck shop lady arms. even when iw as down to 70 kg over xmas i still didnt wear a summery dress nor did i even buy one.

i want to be able to fit in heidis little shell pool with her to play :)

i want to wear more pairs of shorts- above the knee!! and some tank tops
kate_turner2000

Postby grugwashere » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:35 pm

Summery dresses! Above the knee shorts, tank tops mini skirts.. ahh i want it all lol

and nice bathers... my bf really wants me to wear a bikini top and board shorts but i think he will have to wait until next usmmer for that :P
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby ali » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:40 pm

Summer is definitely a big motivation for me too! My bf lives right next to the beach so he loves going to the beach, whereas I hate it!

I want to be able to wear a bikini (with no shorts!) and feel/look great in it and not feel jealous and self conscious by all the other gorgeous beach babes that I worry my bf is looking at instead of me (I know he doesnt because he is crazy about me but i still cant help feel self conscious when standing next to them!)

I want to be able to wear short shorts and singlets and play in the park and have picnics with my bf and feel comfortable and confident (Im sick of not doing things because im upset about my size and worry that if we go kick a ball in the park my thighs and belly will wobble too much!)

Summer dresses as well!

I also want a little black dress to wear out at night! I have a hot pair of red heels that I would love to pair with a little black dress, I also want the figure to go with it! Hehe.

I want to reach my weight loss goal by summer so I can do all of these things and feel happy and confident in the fact that I look great!!!! :D :D :D

Good luck everyone!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby sassi » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:49 pm

i always feel so big & heavy in summer and i feel like i'm suffering worse from the heat cos i'm overweight - a combination of the weight itself and also because i feel like i can't wear cooler clothes.

i live near the beach and i'd love to feel like i could wear the clothes to match! we will probably have moved by the time summer comes around but there's a good chance it will still be somewhere bayside.

i'd love to be able to wear a summery dress and not have the dreaded chub rub (TM courtesy of jo!) on my thighs or even to go out in public in shorts. it's been about 15 years since i wore them anywhere other than at home or for hockey!

to wear something nice & summery at work - not to feel like i need to cover up completely and wear the same stuff as in winter.

i could go on & on!
sassi

Postby Ophir » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:31 pm

Summer is dinfinitely my motivation this year. Things i want are:

Look hot in my wedding dress (8/12)

Be able to relax at the beach in a bikini while away for my wedding.

Wear a skirt comfortably.

Enjoy xmas day without feeling like a whale.

I would really love to be in the low 70's by 22 Sept so i can wear a nice spring dress to my friends wedding.
Ophir

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:16 pm

Summer - I think it's a huge motivator for everyone. The summer clothes that are coming out this season are gorgeous. Yes to be able to wear a maxi dress without having to worry that my breast are too big :roll: .

One of my motivators is to be able to wear a bikini to the beach without feeling self conscious.

Also when I go rock climbing not having in the back of my mind that my big fat butt is on display for everyone to see.

Kate, I hear you when you say tuck shop lady arms. I'm really looking forward to waving bye bye to them lol.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:39 pm

I don't want to have to hide behind short sleeve jackets and pants. I want to wear a skirt and a nice top that doesn't have to cover my huuuuuuge bum!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:09 pm

lord i would love to wear a bikini but i know it will never happen and i rarely say never because never say never! is my motto but after having a baby and having the excess tummy skin its not a good look. however i did notice last night that my stretch marks have faded! :shock:
kate_turner2000

Postby Bevels78 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:30 pm

I would love to be able to feel comfortable and not dread summer, because of my weight. I would love to go and try clothes on in a shop and not worry about clothes fitting me. I would love to wear summer clothes, even a tanktop would be great. Both my siblings are in their healthy weight range and fit and I would love to be there too, not seen as the fat big sister.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy0M35I/]
[/url]

FRIDGE PICKERS WEAR BIGGER KNICKERS
Bevels78

Postby Lush Gal » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:07 pm

I want to NOT chaffe due to rubbing thighs, bulging boobs etc in the heat!
Lush Gal

Postby yummymummy » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm

My kids like to go to the beach in summer :? So I want to feel comfy flopping around the beach in my bathers :shock:
wish me luck!!
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby slimmindown » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:11 pm

I'm a bit of a brand name wearer, and would love to fit into some nice beach wear like billabong or roxy for the summer.

Shorts and a nice top would be fantastic, but my tuckshops arent going anywhere fast so no singlets for me.
A nice cool cotton top would be just as gratifying for me.

I love summer and swimming so a nice new suit to wear with my sarong I bought on holiday would also be great 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby HeatherL » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:31 pm

I too am using summer as my motivation, what a wonderful season it is if it can inspire so many people to get fit and feel good about themselves.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6iLTpk/]
HeatherL

Postby jeshka » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:32 pm

to be able to wear skirts, dresses or short shorts without my thighs rubbing together and chafing (sp?) would be the ultimate goal. to wear one of those maxi dresses and have it look stylish, rather than looking like i'm trying to cover up the bulges, would also be good. to not spend summer in long shorts because shorter ones ride up my chubby thighs would be ideal! to go down to the beach in a bikini and have other girls looking at ME with a little bit of envy (instead of the other way around) would be great!
jeshka

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk