It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:17 am

Free Newsletter

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggh! AGAIN!!! WTF?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggh! AGAIN!!! WTF?

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:42 pm

hi everyone
Look, I have always been a firm believer in Karma (what you give is what you get returned) but I am starting to doubt this now. Just before I took connor for a walk to the milkbar and had a car full of guys yell out 'hey fat ass its called jenny craig' and start laughing. this happens to me at least once a fortnight...last time it was while I was putting my shopping into the boot...point is, I am just minding my own business....i would never do that to anyone, ever. I would never make someone feel bad about themself or call them names or laugh at them for how they, why does it keep happening to me? I just want to mind my own business and be left alone! :( its happened so many times and I just feel horrible...I wonder if they know what it does to a person? geez and I wonder why I binge eat! And Because it keeps happening I have stopped going to shopping centers, (or anywhere groups of young people hang around, cos they are the worst!) I used to dye my hair really bright red cos I loved it, and have dyed it dark brown so its not screaming 'look at me' I dress really daggy cos I get laughed at more if I dress nicely in a top and least i can sort of hide in baggy trackies and a jumper... I am really tall (6ft) so maybe thats it? it makes me want to stay inside and hide out. I cant take it....the sniggers and the comments are horrible.. The urge to binge is there HUGELY right now...Im still trying not to....why are people so horrible why cant they just leave me alone and let me live my life?????? (sigh sorry rant over)

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:28 pm

hey gracie

i am so sorry to hear that you have been verbally abused so often. it shouldnt happen at all. it really is horrible. i wish i could take away all the nasty things that all overweight people have been called however in a way i think that for a lot of people it really is a motivator to say 'well im doing something about my weight FOR ME and i will succeed despite what you all say' start saying positive affirmations to yourself gracie, to ward out the negative ones because the more you hear them running through your mind the more you start to believe it. you shouldnt have to change who you are for anyone else. :) we love you the way you are :)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:42 pm

some people just have nothing better to do than look for easy pickings - and how long did it take them to come up with that call?? Seriously, if you're gonna bag someone's weight, at least be original!! I can guarantee if you had them alone without their mates they wouldn't be nearly as game.

Honestly though, when you lose the weight, the comments from the same people are still horrible.

"cor, check that out"
"nice view from here boys"
"hey baby, want some fries with that shake?"

Basically, who wants a comment from them either way! I fart in their general direction. :twisted:

And as for do they know the hurt they cause. Well, they enjoy the reaction, but in thier 2yo intellect, they actually think they're just having a bit of fun. In other words, the part of their brain that is dedicated to compassion and the ability to empathise has obviously been damaged in some way, perhaps when they were dropped on their thick skulls as a child. In plain speak: they're idiot *&)(%^% who can't care about anything more than their own ego and the size of their respective members. Generally not worth the air they breathe (judgemental much??) well, at least until they get a good jolt back to the real world and realise the world doesn't revolve around them and their own entertainment.

i was teased as a kid and have NO time for bullies.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Leishkin » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:01 pm

people suck. end of story.

Don't let a bunch of little brainless a-holes scare you away from public. If anything, by letting them get to you, you're letting them win - and I know that's easier said and all that, I've been there, and it's fricken horrible, but the best thing you can do is keep on keeping on, lose that weight, and hopefully it'll stop happening - you can't just hide away your whole life, it's not remotely fair. I'm sure they'll get their karmic comeuppance someday, and they'll deserve all they get.

Makes me sick that people can act this way toward complete strangers, it's absolutely despicable.

*huge hugs*

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:42 pm

How Damn Rude!! Goodness me they think they are so funny now, one day when they get older, then will be disgusted in themselves.....unless they are completely brain dead and then their lives will bey shyte anyway so it wont matter!!

men men men

Postby fairyweighty » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:15 pm

men that travel in packs are quite frankly sacks of ****. They are stuck with small man syndrome and all they do with there lives is drive around in their crappy cars!so count yourself lucky!anyway dont let them deter you on your goal...your doin it for yourself not for anyone else!

Postby Chelle » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:44 pm

Gracie I'm sorry to hear that it has hapened to you again it was only the other week when you were called nasty names off censored dickheads. Good for you to not bing eating I know it hard to, but you have been going so well with tackeling the situation. It might be hard darl but you are a beautiful person don't hide yourself away from the public & stop you from doing what you want to do just because of some people who wouldn't have a care in the world know what it is like to be in your situation. Karma will it back at the dickheads, I believe it will. Sorry again lot's of hug's babe. Just think tomorrow is another day.

Postby Dee » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:28 pm

oh Gracie that is just horrid. I know exactly how you feel (been there, done that and probably will again) and I know how heart breaking it is. With that in mind I have a couple of things to remind you;

1. You are making huge changes in your life - one day you're gonna walk down the street and those same jerks are gonna wolf whistle at you (and mean it!) and you'll be able to tell em how outta their league you are!

2. The Kharmic circle will work it all out in the end; you will be a happy, healthy person, and those losers will end up miserable and alone.

3. They DON'T MATTER! Seriously - who gives a shite what some superficial jerks think? You are an awesome person; and that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with how you look.

Chin up, hun. You're not in this alone.

Postby KimE » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:04 pm

Gracie that is a horrible thing to have to go through, I don't understand how people can put others down like that. Don't give up and don't give in to the food craving as you are doing a wonderful thing for yourself. You are a beautiful person who is making a stand and doing something about your health and no one can take that away from you.

Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Donk » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:33 pm

These sort of comments make it harder for people to lose weight, they make you feel more self-conscious and not want to go into public and do exercise. I know I was so self-conscious that I wouldn't want to go for a run for fear that people would laugh at my manboobs bouncing around while running.

I did at times while walking at lunch see people look at me and laugh, but then just thought to myself, stuff you! I'm doing this for myself and soon I'll look better than you and then who'll be laughing.

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:35 pm

Oh no, not again!! Gracie, you poor thing :( Why are guys like this?! I don't think there will ever be an answer to that question!! I think the only thing you can do in a situation like that is to hold your head high, ignore them and remember that you're doing something about your weight and you are a beautiful person already. I know it doesn't sound like much but unfortunately reacting to their jeers will just let them know they've gotten to you :(
I sure hope it doesn't happen again, you don't deserve to be treated like trash :(
*big hugs*
Em xoox

Postby HeatherL » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:20 pm

I reckon that these are the type of guys that need a good kick in butt. What you need to remember is that if you didn't care about how you looked, then this wouldn't have got to you. But you do care and we all care about you. so when that weight is gone and those same guys start with the other type of sexist comments you can go up to them and say " I'm that fat chick you used to give hell to and I wouldn't go near such a shallow person with a 10 foot pole" and walk away with your head held high.

Keep your chin up and remember we're always here for you.

Thats crappy

Postby princesspoodle » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:40 am

Hi Gracie,

I'm only new, but I was reading your post, it is so crappy! .People can be so cruel. Don't let those d*%^#h#$ds spoiling your day or your motivation. You dont need their approval! All you need is your own!

Keep going, Keep talking!!

Postby milkyway » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:57 am

Chin up, Gracie. We all love you mate! Don't let them win by bingeing or avoiding places. Hang in there girl - you WILL get there.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby sassi » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:25 pm

just to echo everyone else...don't let them win, the people with opinions who matter all love you and think you're a beautiful person.

i can't understand these people gracie & i don't see how they can't see what an impact their comments may have on someone. but they're a whole different breed and what goes around comes around & they will get their come uppance one day. until then, stay strong - don't let them influence your life (i.e. going out etc).

Return to Weight loss Talk