It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:04 pm

Free Newsletter

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggh! AGAIN!!! WTF?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Zero » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:28 pm

You know that commercial about speeding where people wriggle their little finger at those who speed....

You should have done the same. :twisted:

I can assure you they would have put their head down and drove off.
Start Weight (from beginning): 71
Current Weight: 63.00
Weight lost so far: 8.00
Goal Weight: 55.00

8 kilos left.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:35 pm

Zero wrote:You know that commercial about speeding where people wriggle their little finger at those who speed....

You should have done the same. :twisted:

I can assure you they would have put their head down and drove off.

LOL what a classic thats what ill do from now on if i cop any flack!

Postby KarinAnn » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:18 pm

Some people are just evil. I was giving some advice that worked a treat for me the other day.. Think of the horrible people while your exercising.. I did that and went for half an hour longer. It gets your anger out while making yourself lose weight!!

**I can and WILL do this**

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:24 am

Thanks so much for your kind works and replies everyone (again!) I really do appreciate it! I did end up having a binge about it (well a few actually) but I checked the scales this morning, and I am still at 118.5 so thats great! Today (especially since reading your messages!) I feel really focussed and positive I am back on it today! I got my liver/kidney results back yesterday (all clear!) had another appt with the psychologist yesterday, who is still wanting me to do optifast, to 'totally avoid' eating of any kind, even just for 3 weeks (21 days to break a habit apparently?? Even for heroin users?) And then hopefully the habit will be gone (somewhat) and I can either continue on with optifast or go on to healthy eating....he thinks I should look at it as a 'detox' like people in rehab do... I told him I was concerned after how I had felt last time I was doing opti, so he has agreed to see me every 3 days while on the intensive phase to closely monitor me..which I am pretty happy with (and for a cheaper rate too!) So, after going shopping yesterday and seeing all the fab (and cheap) clothes they had for sale in all those 'trendy' stores (supree, cotton on, jay jays etc) I feel really motivated again....I am only 21 (well 22 next thurs! :D) and I am sick of dressing like somebodys granny.....I re read my post the other day and I really felt sad for myself....its no way to live, to hide out and hide under my clothes (and 'hide' under my fat the psycologist says!) I want to be happy and confident and trendy and feel beautiful and have the freedom to go anywhere and everywhere with my bub and feel comfortable...I want to find a man! I want to LIVE my life! :D No more hiding for me! :D (ooh and the best part is that mum has lent me her treadmill! So I will be on that in the evenings!) yaaay! SO lol all I really meant to say in this post was thankyou to everyone for making me feel 'worthwhile' has really helped me! Love to you all! :D xxxxx

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:56 am

hey gracie im really concerned about you with the opti because i know what it has been like for you being on it. however it is your body and you need to do what is right for you. :) best wishes!!

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:03 pm

That is awful!

But please remember these guys are just dickheads with nothing better to do.

They are likely yelling out at all sorts of people just for kicks. At 58kg and joging once I had a group of teenagers yell out "keep on running you fat bushpig".

Go figure?!

Keep your chin up.
Lush Gal

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:34 pm

Hey, wait, I've figured it out!!

They're actually not JUST idiots - they've been employed by dodgy diet pill companies to make people feel bad about their weight so they buy their products and they just go around yelling that stuff at everyone!!

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it :P :lol:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Chelle » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:42 pm

Hey Gracie, I'm glad that your feeling better, like kate said i'm a bit worried about you going back on opti-slim as to what happened last time. But on the other hand you are going to be closley watched which I think is execellent for you, let us know how you go & hope this time it work's.

Postby corolla_chick » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:56 am

sorry to here those rude things people said to you. but reading your second post im glad to see that you are motivated and keen to keep going!! you can do it!!!!! :D:D:D
beck :D

Postby yummymummy » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:54 am

Man people are just so horrible today :cry: :cry: :cry:

Postby HeatherL » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:17 pm

Be careful with the optislim, I have a very dear friend who is over 120kg and swears by optislim and yes she loses heaps of weight but as soon as shes lost it shes so desperate to eat she puts it all back on within a month. Not good. Prob is she loves her food way too much. But you've got an expert helping you and I think you will succeed no matter what.

Postby mel74 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:04 pm

... here's a way to deal with people who stare. First, be bold, you are doing what is exactly right for you. Hold your head high, walk up to the starer and say, "oh look I'm sorry to bother you but you should know that .. uh... you have something here" .. and touch your nose (like they have a booger) .. they will go nuts ...

Honey, karma didn't have anything to do with those knobheads yelling at you. If it wasn't you, it would have been an asian person round the corner, a disabled person cross the street. Its hard and hurtful when people amplify our own negative self talk. Be kind to yourself.

I am sure you will get to be where you want eventually.

"Lean into your fears. Dare them to do their worst and SHRED them when they try"
-Richard Bach

Postby Fireball » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:55 pm

I used to have a big bust but wasn't overweight - only last weekend we were at a party and my son now 24 was commenting to a cousin how they used to call out offensive & suggestive stuff even while my kids were there. We have never discussed this before so I was surprised when he raised the topic. I used to be distressed but tried to put on a front for the kids, but it obvioulsy has had a lasting impact on him.

What people say to others is much more a reflection of what they are like than anything to do with you. People do this stuff because they are being self-centred. They are so busy trying to make themself look good that they will do or say anything to be accepted. It is likely they have very low self esteem so feel a need to prove themself.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:24 am

Hi guys thanks for replying again :D hehe
I do agree with everyone, that it really just shows the character of the 'insulter' and has nothing to do with me...Kate and Chelle thanks for the concern re optifast, I felt the same way, but felt a little pressured by the psychologist to do the 'detox'...anyway, I spoke to him about it on friday, and have decided that I would like to see him ONLY for the 'therapy' side of my binge eating, and I decided I would make a one off appt with a nutritionist and see what she thought I should be doing....well, she agreed with you guys, that it seemed like a silly risk to take and that I should start implementing good eating habits now, rather than later as the loss would be hard to maintain cos it would be such an increase in food....SO LOL she was fab...she was about a size 16, but a very fit 16 and lovely..She has made me up a diet of about 1500 cals a day, and (to being with) 20 mins exercise and to build it up to about 45 mins per day...low gi foods, no sugar, no caffiene, 2 litres water, fresh fruit and veg, low fat cheese and dairy, lean meats, wholegrain breads and legumes...which is great, connor can eat what I eat! yay! :D (sure makes it easier!) So, Im starting her program today, and it seems really easy! Thanks to the psychologist, I have some strategies put in place for when the binge monster comes calling (crocheting, long stitch, going for a walk, drinking water, chewing gum and keeping my hands busy, like with playdough or lego with connor) So yeah, thats what Im doing! God I hope this is it...I hope I dont fall off too often and that I can stick this out....unlike the opti, at least I know that this is a life style change, that I can keep it up for life and that connor is seeing me set a good example by eating healthy! :D xxxxxxxxxxx

Postby milkyway » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:27 am

Gracie - that sounds like a fab plan - it's just sensible and healthy eating which you can do for the rest of your life. Who cares if the weight comes off a little slower than with Optifast - I reckon that just means it will stay off in the long term. It actually sounds like a bit of a detox anyway with no caffeine, sugar etc. Good luck with it, I hope it all goes well :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Return to Weight loss Talk