It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:23 am

Free Newsletter

WHY WON'T IT JUST GO AWAY?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

WHY WON'T IT JUST GO AWAY?

Postby Zero » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:39 pm

Ok so heres my issue, and I’m really hoping its not going to bite me in the bum.

I have been adhering to my program 100% and exercising regularly and quite a lot, and the kilos just wont budge. I just seem to lose about 0.4kg a week, which believe me, is NOTHING compared to the amount of exercise I do. And its not as if its showing in the measurements…. I’ve lost a total of a measly 9cm all over my body…. That’s not very much *sigh*

I’m on Sureslim so its really low calorie and you’d think I’d lose just a little bit more than a few hundred grams every week. Its really starting to take a toll on my motivation. I’ve expressed my concerns to my SS consultant, and for some reason, she thinks I’m not doing something right. But I know that I am.

So depressed.

/rant
Start Weight (from beginning): 71
Current Weight: 63.00
Weight lost so far: 8.00
Goal Weight: 55.00

8 kilos left.
Zero

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:00 pm

hey zero sorry to hear youre a bit depressed by it all. its a hard thing losing weight. all i can suggest is that maybe your body is just stuck in a routine? you said you follow the program 100% and exercise alot, your body might be telling you that its comfortable where things are and what you are doing to it?
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:01 pm

it can be frustrating. But looking back, in your first few weeks in June (which is only 2 months ago, remember) you lost a lot (comparatively speaking). it may be that you are beginning to leve out into a more gradual decline to your goal, which is a good thing!

However, it may be that SureSlim just isn't the right thing for you - if you are exercising a large amount, perhaps you aren't actually getting enough food so it is trying to go into shut down and retain as much as it can? perhaps you have gotten into a routine that your body is cofortable with - maybe you could try shaking things up, try a different exercise or something?

Keep your chin up though, you're not the only one! I'm doing 2 hrs of exercise per day and have been stuck where I am for nearly a year and even put on 4kg!!

But I'm sticking with it cause I know it's good for me regardless of whether the weight keeps coming off. I'm also trying to mix up the exercise to kick myself back into losing it!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Ses » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:09 pm

400g a week is quite a good loss, considering that you are around 64 kg now. I know that when I am that weight, my loss slows to around 200-500g per week.

Try to stay positive and remeber a loss is a loss is a loss is a loss.........
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Postby Zero » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:11 pm

I'm actually thinking about shaking up my system a little. Obviously, SS just isnt going to cut it and i really think its because my body goes into comfort zone REALLY quickly.

Rather than adhere to this nazi-like regime 100%, Im going to have one day a week where I still eat well, but I'm not going to follow my program, and the other 6 will be on the program.

I'm hoping it'll trick my body into thinking something has changed.

The funny thing is, the SS consultant suggested that i change the food that I eat, well what is allowed on the plan anyway (I'm a creature of habit... and have slight OCD), and i guess that could work too, but considering her slight sarcasm when she asked if I was on the program 100%, I'm not going to bet on it.
Start Weight (from beginning): 71
Current Weight: 63.00
Weight lost so far: 8.00
Goal Weight: 55.00

8 kilos left.
Zero

Postby vanessa0305 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:54 pm

I know how frustrating it can be. I have had a few long plateaus in my journey that left me feeling completely down and frustrated! And as I got closer and closer to my goal the harder its gotten. I don't expect more than .5-1kg a month at the moment and this has really been since I got under 71kgs. I hope that it picks up soon but any loss is better than no loss at all. Just keep plodding along and you will get there in the end.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby mel74 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:38 pm

Hun, whether you are doing the program 100% or not... that person is getting paid to help you stay motivated. If she isn't helpful, I would ask not to have her for your "consultation" again.

Sureslim is hard. I hope you can stick to it. If you can't I hope you find what works for you. But don't let one person affect your determination. Good luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCGMto5/]
[/url]

"Lean into your fears. Dare them to do their worst and SHRED them when they try"
-Richard Bach
mel74

Return to Weight loss Talk