It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:34 am

Free Newsletter

Thinking of Quitting Tony Ferguson

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Thinking of Quitting Tony Ferguson

Postby Lush Gal » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:00 pm

Hey all,

I'd REALLY appreciate some adbice / input. I went to a sports nutrition / health store (conveniently located at the bottom of my apartment block) to buy a Horley's low car bar (TF says no to them but I find that one or two a week instead of fruit is fine).

I got talking to the owner and he said that TF is just whey with added sugar, I checked out his Women's Whey fomular (Ladybird brand) and it is basically TF less 20g of sugar carbs!

He was really helpful and suggested that once I have used up my TF shakes, if I want a change he would draw up an eating plan incorporating a meal replacement shake (this is the part of TF I love - so convenient).

A typical day sounds like:

Breakie = 1 weetbix biscuit w/ skim milk, a whey shake (mixed with low GI fruit like strawberries and soe fibre).

Morning tea = Sml serve of low gi fruit

Lunch = Low carb veg / salad plus protein (tin of tuna, eggs etc) possibly a low carb wrap to contain it all

Afternoon tea = another whey shake

Dinner = Low carb veg / salad + protein.

The difference to TF is that they say protein can be 140-18g (TF is 120g for females), and that some carbs are allowed at breakie / lunch along with protein at lunch (TF is just one protein eal a day).

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?? I'm getting bored on TF and this is $2.05 a serve (comes down to $0.91 if you buy larger quantities) compared to $3.19 for TF.

My idea would be to switch to this, cut back my booze to a few glasses of wine 2-3 nights per week, plus exercise consistently 4-5 days per week. (Currently drinking far too much and exercising far too little!)

I'm aiming to be at goal by early December. I would want maybe one cheat day a week (just to have a bit of bacon / egg - no toast for breakie on a Sunday, or to have a bit of rice with a healthy stir fry).

At present, 8 weeks into TF and only cheat with wie / no exercise.

I also don't have an accurate weigh in regime except for once a week at the TF clinic so would need to invest in digital scales to start a proper weigh in each week.
Lush Gal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:16 pm

hey lush girl it sounds like you have got it all planned out. i guess it wont hurt to try the new program out and if it doesnt suit you for whatever reason you could always switch back. remember it needs to be something you can stick with for life. do you want to be on a shake program your whole life? on the upside, the cheaper the better in my books lol. let us know how it all goes :)
kate_turner2000

Postby dietcoke » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:17 pm

That plan sounds pretty good but my lord I would die of starvation. Fruit does NOTHING for me in the filling sense. You sound like you're doing really well.

I have started having 1-2 protein shakes (Synd x with skim milk) every day and it seems to be going alright. I'm not looking to lose tonnes of weight but it definitly helps with muscle tone and my clothes are starting to feel better on me.

If TF isn't working for you (although I don't really know what it is) then try something different. I don't just mean working for you as in losing weight but if it's boring then it's not likely to stick forever.

I've heard good things about Ladybird when I asked for protein supplement advice a while back but they don't stock it at either health stores that I go to and synd x is fine - although I prefer the taste of Sculpt. I say go for the new product and give it a go. Then let me know how it all goes :D
dietcoke

Postby Lush Gal » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:36 pm

Thanks guys!

My aim is to incorporate low gi / low carb / low cal / low fat alternatives to the shakes when I get to goal (but possibly keep the breakie one as I find it SO yummy and convenient).

The guy at the health food store is drawing me up a plan but I think I've already made up my mind!
Lush Gal

Postby Lush Gal » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:39 pm

Oh, and Dietcoke, I thought I WAS going to die of starvation for the first two weeks!

BUT I went away for my hubby's b'day on Sunday (trip to the vineyards, which we did last year) and I let myself have a day off plan - I ate about 1/3 - 1/2 of what I ate the last time we were there! I was full so quickly it shocked my hubby who is used to e keeping up with him!
Lush Gal

Postby dietcoke » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:15 pm

Wow that's excellent Lush Gal. It's so exciting when you can stop eating when you're full. And even more exciting when you get full on less food. No matter how long I'm good every now and again I still eat WAY too much.
dietcoke

Postby sassi » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:30 pm

hi lush gal

i think that sounds pretty much spot on - i'm guessing it will put you somewhere around 1200-1400 calories for the day?

it's almost exactly the same as a diet a personal trainer suggested for me about 1.5 years ago and i found it worked (i went backwards but that's because i got super lazy & ate all the wrong things). it's not too restrictive and i found the salads far more filling than i expected. the other difference was that he said i could have a rye bread sandwich for lunch with salad and lean meant (ham, chicken or turkey) but preferably not do that every day.
sassi

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:29 am

sounds like a plan lush girl ;) You sound pretty happy with your decision to change...god I can understand the money issue as well! We will be here to support you whatever you do, and cant wait to hear your successes ;) xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:03 pm

This is the suggested plan the guy emailed me if anyone is interested - sounds heaps better than TF!!!!! I just hope he's right in saying that Ill lose up to a kilo a week!

Suggested Plan

Fat Burner for example - Lipofusion 30 mins before breakfast)

Breakfast

1/3 Cup Oats (dry) with skim milk, + 1 ladybird protein shake

Morning Tea
100gms low fat cottage cheese (try weight watches or bulla)
+ green salad if desired.

Or 50gms of tuna + salad if desired

Lunch
50g Chicken or
70gms tuna or
3 boiled eggs whites
on a low carb wrap + large salad.

Afternoon Tea
Ladybird Protein shake = 24gms + 1 small fruit

Fat Burners for example - Lipofusion 30 mins before dinner

Dinner
100g- chicken or
150gms fish or
100gms steak or
4-6 egg whites you can fry, boil or make an omelet
+ vegetables.
No potato, rice, pasta or pumpkin

Dessert
Diet jelly

NOTE:
If hungry before bed you can have 1 protein shake.
Drink 2- 3 litres of water per day
Women’s multivitamin to be taken daily
Lush Gal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:05 pm

seems a bit more lenient on the carbs side of things, however it seems to be the same principle with the protein :) let us know how it goes :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:20 pm

You have no idea how excited I am to be able to have a low carb wrap! At first I looked at the plan and though, hang on - I'm not going to lose weight doing THIS!

But then I remembered I'm getting something like 25g carbs (20g sugars) in TF shakes as opposed to around 4g in the Ladybird shakes!

I just really need a change! I think going away on the weekend made up my mind - I had my first egg in 2 months and my first lunch with protein and I felt SOOOOOO good!
Lush Gal

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:43 pm

Oh MY GOD! I did it.

Had a TF shake for breakie (so didn't want to as I was a bit seedy after a few too many wines last night! lol). Had some strawberries as my fruit serve.

Then at lunch I had a Subway low carb wrap with the low fat cheese / salad and chicken. Freakin' awesome! I practically inhaled it!!!!

Still peckish this afternoon and so had two Rye cruskits with low fat olive oil spread and vegimite! SO tasty and filling. All for 130kj (not sure what the cals are? I'm old school!) and 6g of carb.

I feel like I'm being SO naughty! Lol. Goodbye Tony!!!
Lush Gal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:44 pm

good on you lush girl :) you can still lose weight if you continue to make sensible decisions like today :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:57 pm

Thanks so much Kate, the biggest downfall for me is, as my name denotes, being a total WINE LUSH! lol

At least TF taught me I needed less food to feel full, and shrunk my stomach which in turn means I eat less cals / carbs / fat which IN TURN means I'm a cheaper drunk now!
Lush Gal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:04 pm

LOL @ cheaper drunk :LOL:

you can still have your wine and enjoy it, its all a learning experience loosing weight ;) balance and compromise
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk