It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:55 pm

Free Newsletter

I did it - RSVP'd to Rome wedding!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby linda » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:25 pm

forget about the food LOL
the best italian food is in Australia
linda

Postby Hayley » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:04 pm

Hi Linda,

Is that true about the italian food? Damn, I was really looking forward to having a very good excuse to eat italian for a couple of weeks!LOL
:lol:

Maybe that's a good thing - I might not put on as much weight while I'm there!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby linda » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:35 pm

Well I guess it depends on where you eat. I will tell you what happened to me. When we travel we like to do it on our own to experience the country the way the locals do. What you have to understand is meat is very expensive in Rome so they dont eat it. We were wandering around Rome looking for what we thought an authentic Italian restaurant. We saw a quaint little restaurant, you know the typical type that you imagined or seen in the movies, quaint old builiding with tables out on the sidewalk covered with red and white checked tablecloths, looked perfect! We went in and they spoke very little English, that was okay we were starting to feel Italian already! I love spaghetti bolognaise, so that was my order and my partner ordered pizza, (afterall we could not visit Italy without those two dishes). Now this is no exaggeration, my spaghetti tasted like Watties spaghetti out of the can, and the pizza had only cheese on top and 5 anchovies, no other topping at all! lol But they have the most delicious icecreams!
linda

Postby Hayley » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:13 pm

Hee hee, that must have been an interesting experience for you both. What a shame though. I guess the things we were most looking forward to was the traditional cuisine and the architecture.

Oh well, I guess well have to do the tourist sight seeing things and fill up on icecream!

Watties spag in the can??? Yuck! I don't want to travel to a place like that to eat crap like that. I'll have to be careful! :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby linda » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:43 pm

Well you won't be disappointed with the architecture, thats for sure! But don't use the toilets at Macdonalds, you are not allowed to flush
linda

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:20 am

:shock:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk