It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:06 pm

Free Newsletter

Sometimes I feel like I won't get anywhere

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Sometimes I feel like I won't get anywhere

Postby oostevens » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:24 pm

I have tried a few times now to lose weight but am struggling a lot.

I have tried cutting down on food, not snacking on crap, exercising, etc.

I am a very impatient person, which doesn't help, and sometimes things just overwhelm me and I enter temporary depression :(

I use to have a really low self esteem and view of myself, that has changed heaps, I am just scared that if I can't seem to get anywhere weight loss wise, or at least 'see' that I am moving towards my goal, that I will head back towards being depressed.

I am trying to be positive, I am trying to think about how I don't need certain foods, cos I have had them before and I am not missing out. I try to motivate myself to do just 30mins on the treadmill, i mean honestly, 30mins is not long.

Tomorrow I start waking up at 5am to workout! And then I am starting to eat better. I am decreasing my portion sizes and eating better foods.

I hope this works. I need all the support I can get. The husband is also trying to lose weight.

Thanks heaps guys. I really wanna make it this time, I can't even fit into my wedding dress anymore :(

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

Postby Chelle » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:11 pm

Look's like that you are on the right track starting from tomorrow & what a great motivation to get back into your wedding dress. Weightloss isn't a quick fix thing it takes times if your are willing to put in the hard yard's try to aim .5kg a week loss. You have to be patient. Don't think of the whole weight loss start with mini goal & treat yourself every 5 kg loss with a new cd or a facial somthing that you can look forward to. It's excellent that you have hubby buy your side to with wanting to loss the weight together you could have a friendly competition it a great motivation. When is the wedding?? Anyway congratulation with the wedding & hope you get to your goal weight before the wedding. You will have to put some pic up of your wedding day when it happen's.

Postby Lizzy » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:16 pm

I feel exactly the same! I also get down and Im impatient too!
Im also starting things over tomorrow! Im hoping that if I put my head down and bum up for a few weeks that I will lose a little bit which will in turn inspire me to keep going!
The first few weeks are the hardest I think!

Hi Oostevens

Postby esoteric » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:27 pm

I just joined today and I am worried too, I won't go outside anymore although I have to find a job, I just feel depressed about how I look and what will I wear.

If you like can we keep in contact and maybe knowing someone has the same issues we can work on it together.

It is hard and its an issue I really need to face without fear, others have done it and so can you.

I did the weekly weigh in and hopefully I can find friends on this site to lend support.

I hope you feel better, at least we know things can and this issue of weight is one thing that we can control. Step by step.

Postby Maraver » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:27 am

Girls its friendships that are made on this forum that will help you achieve your goals, any exercise is so much better than not doing it
I have to force myself everyday and its an inner battle to stay on that treadmill till my time is up, but I make sure its in front of the TV and I just go for it, I find the eating harder but I just keep plodding away when I fall by the wayside like I did this weekend I just get up give myself a talking to and vow to do better over the next few days

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:12 am

hey rach hope you got up for your workout!! it is hard and if weightloss was easy there wouldnt be so many overweight people in this world. it wont happen over night but it will happen. its hard when you are impatient because it can ruin your whole outlook and all the hard work you have done because you think
"i must be doing something wrong"
"ill never lose this weight at this rate"
"its too hard, nothing works"
etc etc

you just need to think of positive affirmations. come on the forum when you are having your bad days and grasp some of that positivity from other people here. you can do this you just need to think that you can.

Postby oostevens » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:11 am

thanks everyone :)

Oh, I am already married. Been married 1yr and 4mths :) So I want to fit back into my wedding dress.

Thanks for all the support :)

I would love to stay in contact with everyone and I shall do so.

And yes I woke at 5am and did 30mins on the treadmill.

10mins at 4.2km/h incline 10, 10mins at 4.3km/h incline 0 & 10mins at 4.2km/h incline 10 :)

Having a few hunger pains atm, but I am fighting them :)

Have a nice day

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

Postby grugwashere » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:01 pm

Good on you for doing that walking!!!! much more motivatred than i am.. i would have just turned off the alarm and gone back to bed! hehehe :)
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg

Return to Weight loss Talk