It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:39 am

Free Newsletter

Does anyone get headaches from thinking diet?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Does anyone get headaches from thinking diet?

Postby esoteric » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:34 pm

I am planning on changing my eating habits, sadly to say I clean my plate and my husband loves cooking, my problem I love his fattening food.

Well I want to start with Broth type soups and lots of fruit and veggies.

Problem is I start getting headaches and the hunger pangs start to attack, is it like this only in the beginning or is this something I am just going to have suffer out.

Postby esoteric » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:31 pm

Wow no replies either. That's one reason I don't really go out of my house anymore either. I have to find a job but I don't have nice clothes and I really feel depressed about my weight, which have given me big self-esteem issues.

Guess taking it out on the treadmill for an hour should give me some of that missing energy I have been needing for so long.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:04 am

the reason you are getting headaches is the detox. your body is trying to get rid of all the toxins out of your body which is why you are getting headaches when you have a lifestyle change like healthy eating and exercise.

im sure once you lose some weight you will feel confident again and you will be able to walk into shops and pick something off the rack and know it will fit you :) i loved not being able to walk into millers and buy clothes i could buy the funky stuff everyone else was wearing

Postby ali » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:48 am

Hi Sara,

I can relate to feeling so self conscious that you dont want to leave the house. Although I dont weigh heaps, I have struggled with major depression for years. It comes back now and then but I have to be aware of it so I can tackle it head on. I always think that hiding in my house will fix everything, and eating bad food will make me feel better, but actually its completely the opposite. I live alone so I do sometimes have to leave the house! And when I do I feel so much better, dragging myself out of my pj's and into some clothes helps heaps. I often find just putting on some makeup and doing my hair helps when I have to face the world.

Also, "feeding my emotions" doesnt work either, it just makes me feel guilty for turning to food. Your body will thank you for feeding it something healthy.

I can understand your scared about the new diet. I love food too! I think thats why alot of ppl here say they are eating healthy rather than that they are dieting.

There are heaps of healthy recipe sites on the net that have great recipes. Often you can continue eating the same sort of things but just make minor adjustments to it. I live alone so making a quick stir fry or curry is easy for me. Instead of using sauce in a jar or curry paste and coconut cream, I use curry paste and skim milk. Still tastes good. And I just have it with heaps of yummy veggies that I enjoy instead of with rice that I find makes me bloated.

I find the best way is to experiment until you find stuff you really enjoy eating. Having fruit and veg for snacks is a great way to cut down your cals, so just find stuff that you love eating. I love strawberries and even though they are expensive I like to treat myself to them because I would rather eat them than something bad. I also love sugar snap peas, great to munch on! So just try snacking on healthy stuff that you know you love.

Anyway! I think I have rambled on enough. There are plenty of great tips out there to help you on your way. I really hope you can stick to it. Even just losing a couple of kilos can really help boost your self confidence. I find the fact that I am eating better and exercising makes me feel better, even if I cant see any differences yet.

Good luck! You can do it! :D :D :D
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG

Postby milkyway » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:17 pm

Hi sara - I'm sure the headaches will ease once you get through this initial phase, if not, go and see your GP. The hunger pains will ease too as your body adjusts to smaller portion sizes.

Last Saturday, my husband and i went out for Turkish food and we got the banquet, not realising how much food it would be! While normally I would've rolled up my sleeve, I was pretty much done after eating about a quarter of my share. My husband was shocked that I was so full so quickly.

Are you drinking lots and lots of water? This is great for flushing the toxins out of your body and if your headache is related to dehydration, it will ease.

I have a lot of broth style soups too, mostly Asian style. Yum yum!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby esoteric » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:39 pm

Thank Kate, I will definately try to change that word diet into healthy eating. About the headaches I am glad if that is why I am getting them. I do need to stick it out until it passes. Yesterday was so hard, throughout the whole day a migraine persisted.

Ali, I haven't been out of the house since Aug 15th my daughters birthday. My cousin came to visit from the states and took a thousand photos, the ones where I was in it. I was just shocked. I can't believe I look like that, in the bathroom mirror my face looks nice. I am NOT photogenic. LOL

Milkyway, I remember trying to change my eating habits and it worked for quite awhile then work got to be too much and too stressful. I started to eat more. But you are right about not wanting as much and feeling full after having a little. It's around that point I start to lose weight also. That's why I am not having a panic attack over eating stuff I shouldn't, I think along with exercising the appetite will surely decrease.

Oh I walked an hour mid-morning and an hour before going to sleep, on the treadmill headaches still persisted but I am glad I am doing this for myself.

Thank all of you for responding, I was worried about joining a group but I do need encouragement and support and know that others out there are struggling but not only struggling but succeeding too. You guys are great.

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:14 pm

I'm experiencing this right now. I'm in the detox phase of my diet and no coffee is allowed :(. I'm drinking plenty of water and taking it easy for the rest of the day and study a bit. I hope I don't experience this all week. I reckon it's for the first couple of days while your body dumps all the toxins.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!

Postby dietcoke » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:21 am

I find that I get headaches the wont go away if my iron levels are low. If you're cutting out red meat make sure you replace the iron with other iron-rich foods or even a supplement.

Return to Weight loss Talk