It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:51 am

Free Newsletter

grrr happiness is killing me!!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

grrr happiness is killing me!!!!

Postby miss_muffin » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:28 pm

hi everybody, i havent been around as much as i would like lately as i had dramas at home and had to move house new years day and the phone still isnt connected (grrrrr telstra!!!!!)

anyway, i have found myself in an interesting situation and need u to give me a good kick in the backside to get me back on track, lol!!!!!

after being single for nearly 3 years i decided that i was too young to be on the shelf at 26 so i figured it was time to have a relationship........so i'm now with an amazing man who i think is wonderful and things are peachy.

however, since we've been going out my diet has died because i's so happy i've lost my motivation (does that make any sense??????). i havent been eating well and not exercising as i should be........usually i'd totally stress about it but i cant seem to at the moment.....darn happiness!!!!!

kick me people please!!!! i need to get my act together, i've come to far to go back to the dark side of the fridge!

cheers,
deb
miss_muffin

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:36 pm

Dolly, time to fetch the boot. And where's the diet police when you need them?

Deb,
Sudden changes for good and for bad have disruptive effects on anything we do including diet, particularly when they aren't habitual yet. Try and keep it all in focus. It's fantastic that you've found a man and that you're happy, but you want to retain that enthusiasm and energy 5 years from now, so maybe get him in on the act! Rather than eat junk, pack a healthy, fruity picnic and go somewhere romantic for lunch and a walk. Moonlit walks are always wonderful too.

I've made being active and healthy part of my relationship with my bloke. He likes going for bushwalks and got me in to it and now it's a great opportunity for us to have some 'us' time. And we play badminton together (can't wait till the center opens again)

Good luck with it and congrats.

Oh and pooh to Telstra :P

Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:05 pm

Hi Deb,

Congratulations on the relationship. I know where you're at. About 6 or so years ago, I had ended a relationship and was a lot bigger than when I started it. I decided to re-claim my body and was well and truly on the track. I was losing weight, going to the gym regularly and loving it (I mean I was doing pump, step and boxacise classes :D ). I was loving my new shape and my new fitness and felt great about myself. Because I was so wonderfully happy with me, it showed and I met a guy, we fell in love, moved in together, got engaged and built a house.

Sadly for us, it fell apart about 5 years after it started and I left the relationship bigger than I've ever been in my life. I was so happy in the safety of the relationship that I stopped exercising because I wanted to spend time with him. I changed my focus from me to him and paid the price.

I know my story is a bit doom and gloom but I'm now 113kg and struggling to find my focus and determination. A new relationship is such a wonderful gift but so are you, to yourself and your loved ones. You have had such an amazing journey so far so don't stop. You are an inspiration to all of us who feel we are losing our own battle.

Get him involved so that you can still focus on you and spend time with him. Remember that you also need to be apart so he can miss you and want you even more than he already does and spending time focussing on your healthy lifestyle will give him that time.

I hope it all goes well.

Postby PaulaR » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:06 pm

Sorry, the last post (from Guest) was from me. I keep forgetting to log in - Doh!!!!!!
Cheers
Paula

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6zqcQc/]
[/url]
PaulaR

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:40 pm

MAAM I HERE U ARE IN NEED OF THE FOOD POLICE

We are here to serve

LOL

Hey deb congrats on the new man .
I am opposite though when i meet a new man ( which is never lol) i dont eat .
I think long romantic walks are in order and hopefully he is a good cook heheh then u can have low fat romantic meals or better still u cook yummy food . They say a way to a mans heart is thriugh his stomach LOL
Dramatic changes sometimes alter our mindset for a while but in no time u will be back on track with a huuuuuuuuge smile

Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:54 pm

hushpuppy wrote: They say a way to a mans heart is thriugh his stomach LOL

As they also say....YOU'RE AIMING TOO HIGH!!!!

:lol:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:55 pm

i am shocked lol
:oops:

i know i have been outta circulation for a while but damn now i know where i am going wrong

lol

Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Angel » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:20 am

Congratulations Deb,

It was like reading my life story - why do we forget about looking after ourselves when a man enters the picture!!! Congrats, you've made the first step, recognising it.

Better get back on track or the stories about Dolly's boot will become reality!

Tell him what you want to do and get his support, what's important to you should also be important to him. Having a partner opens up so many doors for you in the way of exercise, (other than the obvious :oops:), there are heaps of exercises you can do when you're not on your lonesome - tennis anyone!

Also, have you ever written a list of why you want to lose weight, if you have perhaps having another look at that, if things are still the same it may just be the incentive you need to get back on track.

Good luck
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby cherubs3 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:54 pm

Congrats Deb!!
You deserve to be happy!!
At least you've got on top of the situation & you've realised!!
I got married in October '05.. I really watched everything I ate for months, & I fit into my dress really well and felt like such a princess!, now I feel I have no goal, I've just been eating silly for no reason.. and have since put on 5kgs.. I'ts amazing how fast it creeps back on!!.. Though not being able to fit into clothes I wore 3 months ago, kinda made me realise.. So, I found this site, and I'ts the best.. I'ts great when others know exactly how you're feeling!
Hang onto you're happiness!!
cherubs3

Postby Fairie » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:17 pm

Welcome back Deb. :D

You maybe happy now Deb but if you keep putting on more weight that will change. You will end up that mad at yourself it will affect your relationship so jump back on that wagon and be even more happy. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:24 pm

Come on Deb, you can do it. It's nice to relax, but if watching what you eat becomes habit then next time you'll be eating healthy whilst you relax :D

P.S. Congratulations on the new man :wink:
Dolly

Return to Weight loss Talk