It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:13 pm

Free Newsletter

I did it - I broke up with Tony!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I did it - I broke up with Tony!

Postby Lush Gal » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:27 pm

Well day one of my new regime. It's weird to come off Tony Ferguson, but such a relief to eat proper food (not just shakes!).

I have bought digital scales this morning and plan on Tuesday mornings being my weekly weigh in day!

My typical day is now:

Breakie = Ladybird protein shake (4g of carbs compared to TF's 25g), one multigrain weetbix with skim milk, cup of tea with skim milk and splenda

Morning tea = 100g of low fat cottage cheese spread on rye bread (one slice) with sliced avocado, spanish onion and grated carrot on top.

Lunch = 95g of tuna with garden salad and low fat balsamic dressing.

Afternoon tea = strawberries with another protein shake.

Dinner = 120g of lean meat plus heaps of low carb vegies.

2-3L of water.

This is slightly more generous than the plan the guy at the sports / health store drew up (no slice of rye at morning tea, and only 70g of tuna at lunch, and 100g of protein at dinner).

My aim is to be at goal by Christmas - if I stick to this plan and exercise regularly I hope I will (WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?? IS IT REALISTIC??)
Lush Gal

Postby KimE » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:51 pm

Looks pretty good to me and with regular exercise you should be fine. Oh and if you are using the 95g tins of tuna then that actually works out to about 70g of tuna once drained, not sure if that’s what you meant or if you are weighing out 95g of tuna. Either way it should still be good. You are getting heaps of protein that is for sure so that will help if you are planning on doing resistance work.

Best of luck. :D
Last edited by KimE on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Lush Gal » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:58 pm

Thanks KimE!

I wasn't sure with the tuna as all the little tins are 95g! Thanks so much for clearing that up!!

So I guess then the olnly addition is the slice or rye. He did say I could have a low carb wrap though so it is only a little extra carbs at the end of the day.

I'm not planning on training too hard (just my walking etc) so I was a bit concerned about this being a "high protein boby building diet but he assures me that the protein is used to keep me full.

I'll let you know how I go - so looking forward to weighing at home too and not at the TF clinic!
Lush Gal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:21 pm

will be interesting in hearing how you go lush girl :) tuesdays are my weigh in days too :) dont know why i chose tuesdays lol but it seems to suit me fine.
kate_turner2000

Postby Lush Gal » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:38 pm

Today just feels SO good - proper food! YUMMO!

My hubby and I are starting a three week challenge today too - no alcohol, sticking to diet and exercise and keeping up the water, so it should be easier with him on board.

So much easier than when he would sit and eat SNITZEL with MACCARONI & CHEESE in front of me!!!!!
Lush Gal

Postby KimE » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:25 pm

You are sounding really pumped and that is great. It's wonderful to not only have the support from your partner but for him to join you that's even better!
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Lush Gal » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:27 pm

Yeah, I am pretty pumped - I am going to Vietnam in December and want to be able to buy gorgeous tailored clothes at my goal weight!

My hubby was great during the 8 weeks I was on TF, really supportive, but I insisted he eat whateve he wanted and not hold back just because I was dieting. So i think this next three weeks will have to be easier surely!!
Lush Gal

Postby KimE » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:29 pm

Your trip in December sound fantastic and something to really help you strive for you goal.

It should be easier if you are both watching everything as you can encourage each other.

Best of luck. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:26 pm

Woohoo, you go girl!! Kick that Tony to the curb :D :lol: :lol: I honestly don't know how people manage to do shake diets, I love preparing and eating real food way too much!!! This new plan sounds great, and much more realistic. I think you'll get good results :) I bet your first mouthful of real food in a while was beautiful :D
Let us know how you go :)
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Lush Gal » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:53 pm

You have NO idea how great it has felt to eat even just one wetbix and one slice of rye bread (am SO full!!).

The shakes were a great kickstart and really convenient but nothing beats real food!

I'm not sure how I'm going to fit in the protein shake this arvo! Im so full from lunch!
Lush Gal

Postby milkyway » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:34 pm

Your trip in December sounds wonderful. You've got some really good goals to work towards and I'm sure you'll get there.

You're lucky to have your husband on board for this three week challenge. I'll see if I can get mine to do something after we get back from holidays in late september. He wants to play tennis and golf - tennis I'd be into but golf... *yawn* :wink:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby metijo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:06 am

Your post title just cracked me up! :lol:

I broke up with Tony when he made me sick ... (well, his shakes did) and it was a really good move. When I see him on telly, I shudder. :D

Your diet sounds like a much more sensible one. I was ravenous when I was 'with' Tony and seriously felt ill. Nothing beats real food.

Well done and keep going!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3goM2h/]
[/url]
metijo

Postby ISparkyI » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:11 pm

Sounds like you have it sussed out Lush . . Way to go. .

I think you can eat pretty much anything you like as long as you dont go overboard with the carbs and fats.

As long as the calories consumed and burned equal out to less than the number of calories your body is recommended, you will lose weight . .

Good luck and seriously, you sound Pumped ! starting to get that back reading more of these posts . . Just what I needed.

Shaun
Nothing Ventured . . Nothing Gained . . .

ISparkyI

Postby Lush Gal » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:51 pm

Hey there,

I am still really pumped - it's so easy to follow. The only downfall I have is wine at night, unfortunately, one glass usually turns into 6, sigh.

So, being tired of going to bed p!ssy, I have decided to really cut back the booze and am hoping to see the scales start to shift!
Lush Gal

Return to Weight loss Talk