It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Stomach shrinking

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Stomach shrinking

Postby Angel » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:24 am

I'm concerned about my portion sizes but if I just reduce them I know I'll be hungry, not satisfied and boy do I hate that! I know this may only be temporary but I wondered if there was any natural way of shrinking the size of your stomach so you can't eat as much.

I have a large glass of water before each meal in the hope that this will fill me up.

I have a vague recollection of hearing other tips but can't for the life of me remember them.

Postby Dolly » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:32 am

Eat foods that are high in fiber to help you feel full. Whole grain cereals, legumes (lentils and beans), vegetables, and fruits are good sources of fiber that may help you feel full with fewer calories.

Prepare and eat meals and snacks at home. This is a great way to save money, eat healthy, and spend time with your family. When preparing meals, choose low-fat/low-calorie versions of your favorite ingredients and learn how easy it is to substitute. For example:

Switch to 1% or nonfat milk and low-fat cheeses.
Use a cooking spray instead of oil or butter to decrease the amount of fat when you cook.
Prepare baked potatoes with low-fat blue cheese dressing or low-fat plain yogurt instead of butter or sour cream.

I've also found that if you don't feel hungry on waking up, take advantage of that feeling and add the calories that you would have eaten at breakfast toward your other two meals instead.

I have 2 or 3 glasses of water before I eat a meal, if I only had one, I'd have room for over eating for sure.

Return to Weight loss Talk