It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Free Newsletter

I hate tonight :(

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I hate tonight :(

Postby oostevens » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:19 pm

I am at a very low low. Could just be hormones but i am feeling very negative and down about everything.

I feel down about exercise, and losing weight, and putting in any kind of effort to do anything.

Didn't work out this morning cos had a late night last night and needed sleep, was going to work out tonight, but felt sick after work and now i am too depressed to do anything like that.

:( i didnt even cook dinner that i had planned, cos i was so sad.

I hate this :( i really do.

Maybe i should just go to sleep.

It will take me years to lose weight :( I bet somehow i have already gained weight :( So much effort...and i m lazy and unmotivated and a great procrastinator. :(

sorry bout my sob story and complaining....but better out then in right?

Might have to have a nice hot shower.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby milkyway » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:31 pm

Hey Rach, sorry to hear you're feeling so down at the moment. I hate times like that :(

I think the key is to have some strategies in place for when you feel like this and it's probably better to work those out in advance when you're in a good mood - it might something like having a Lean Cuisine or frozen WW meal in the freezer when you don't feel like cooking - at least you're eating something portion controlled and low in fat... and easy!

Other things might be to have a friend you can call on, doing your hobby/something you enjoy, watching a funny movie or dvd of your favourite sitcom - you'll know what strategies work best for you.

The best advice I can give you is to get out there an exercise - force yourself to do it. No matter how crap you feel, you'll always feel better after a brisk 30 minute walk or workout. Get those happy endorphins pumping.

I hope you're feeling better soon.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:36 pm

oh hun *hugs*.

I know exactly how you are feeling, like it's all worthless no matter how much effort you have put in but it's not. Best thing to do is take it day-by-day and not put too much pressure on yourself.

I know I do this. I have the all or nothing mentality. I either go at it full force and if I have one little slip up, I've stuffed it and give up and quite.

I have been reading up heaps today, trying to feed my brain with as much information as possible on weight loss. Anyway I read that if feeling down and depressed the best thing to do is to go for a little walk because it gets happy hormones flowing through your bod, in turn making you feel better.

Tomorrow is a new day, start afresh and don't give up just yet. You'll get there hun.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby oostevens » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:37 pm

i would call a friend if i had one lol i have aquantences but not many close friends at all :(

i have no hobbies, never been able to get into one :(

and i m skipping exercise tonight. i really feel very down....maybe i will attempt 30mins....but i dunno.....i will ride the bike maybe
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby shelbel » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:53 pm

Well we're here rach! Trust me we all get in those moods sometimes where you wonder what the point is as you'll only fail anyway and it all seems too much.

As horrid as it seems now, exercise will help, even a short walk and some fresh air can make it seem more managable. But if not, why dont you try making a list, im a avid follower of lists! lol
List why you want to lose the weight, what you want to achieve, then how your gonna do it. Seems cheesy i know, but it wont hurt and no one has to see it.

And if nothing else works, get a good night sleep. I hope you feel better in the morning. And you CAN do this!!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Hey Rach

Postby esoteric » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:56 pm

I understand those feelings but you are doing a great job. You got out of bed and went to work.

I get into those bummer moods, what usually helps me is to walk. You will feel better just give it some time, we need these low points to make our high points feel better.

I am American living in Egypt for the past 11 years and I don't even feel like going outside I hide inside and escape on the computer.

I also have no friends, no family, no job and lots of pictures my cousin took some with me in them to make me feel like OMG that cannot be me.

Keep working it girl you can do it. Maybe I will post a pic of me on before pictures.

I know maybe you can read a book, I am reading Harry Potter book 5 and it helps me to forget myself for awhile.
esoteric

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:02 pm

everyones offered you some really good advice already rach. just remember that we all go through the ups and downs of weightloss. a lot of it is the lifestyle changes we are making can trigger things like depression, moodiness etc because our body is making some changes its not used to. take the good and the bad, remember you cant always have good days everyday. it makes you appreciate the hard work you are putting in when you do have a bad day. its better not to think of your weightloss over years but take it a day at a time. if you have a bad,sad,mad day then the next day is a new one and its going to be rad, glad and fab!
kate_turner2000

Postby Nay » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:18 am

I had a day like this yesterday oostevens. I was in a grump because I was trying really hard to stick to my weight loss program and was fighting the urge to eat naughty foods. I got into a cleaning frenzy and even cooked my bf dinner for when he got home and he said he wasn't hungry! :x I took everything out on him!!

I forced myself to do half hour on the cross trainer.

Anyhoo, I had a shower and went to bed and today is a new day. I'm feeling much happier today.

Hope you feel happier soon.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby grugwashere » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:22 am

:( cheer up babe! you can dooo itttttt...

the way i see it is, yes its going to take a long time... but its never just going to happen over night.. so i should put in the effort now so i dont have to do it later... the sooner i start putting in the effort the sooner i become HOT.

but sometimes down days just seem to knock any sense of positive thoughs towards weightloss out of ya...

tomorrow is a new day, and another day towards a better healthiers body!

*hugs*
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby oostevens » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:34 am

i ended up doing maybe 20mins on the bike, it could have been 30min i dont know cos i was watching seinfeild on dvd.

Today i am still feeling down. not just about weightloss but about everthing, seems i am having a pretty bad day, things at work aren't going well and i dont think i will be doing body jam now and my good friend cant make lunch on sat (she lives 4 hrs away and i barely see her)

so u can imagine i am a bit down today.

still eating good though LOL
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby sassi » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:06 pm

hi rach

sounds like you are having a horrible couple of days. i know i have them myself sometimes.

it's great that you still managed to exercise last night even though you didn't feel like it. i hope you got some of those good endorphins from it!

if you're feeling like work is awful today, maybe you can get out for a wander at lunchtime? doesn't even have to be a full on walk, just something to get you out of the office.

i know it can seem like a really slow process, but you have already lost .5kg - and if that doesn't seem like much, go and find something in your cupboard at home that's 500g and give yourself the visiual of what has actually come off your body. once you've lost a couple of kg's you'll find yourself amazed that you've been carrying around extra that weighs that much! it's a powerful way to help stay motivated :)

also, maybe you need to do some other things for yourself to remind you that you really are worth so much - buy some bath stuff & have a relaxing bath, give yourself a manicure at home etc. i find these things help me to remind myself that i deserve to treat myself well & i am worth it.

i guess there's also an element of how much you let things get to you - i'm beginning to really come round to the power of positive thinking. i've let things get me down in the past, but now i realise that i can choose to look at them in a positive way. it's disappointing that your friend can't make it, but maybe you can reschedule and now say to yourself that it gives you time to do something else (going for a long walk, shopping, even cleaning!).

hope you're feeling better about things soon, we're all here to chat & listen if you need :)
sassi

Postby ali » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:12 pm

I can completely relate to everything you have said.

Ive been so down lately and it hasnt gone away, its not like a bad day or two, its been a bad few weeks and nothing is making me feel better.

To make matters worse, I live alone and have no one to talk to or cheer me up, have had TWO people run up the back of my car in two weeks, how unlucky! Im extremely stressed about uni and have so many assessments and have no idea how to get them done, I have bad back pain, im getting sick in the tummy, bad headaches and I cant sleep. So everthing is hard! So I know how you feel.

I dont know what to say to make it better but I just though that I would let you know that you are not alone. But its also not the end of the world. I get like this alot (suffered from major depression for 5yrs) and it does get better. Sometimes you feel like not doing anything and thats ok, but most of the time its better to just do it and push yourself out of this rut instead of hiding and waiting for it to pass.

Exercise does help, even if you dont always feel positive afterwards. But just think how great you will feel when you have lost weight and can think how hard you have worked and how great you are for doing something positive for yourself!

I really hope things start getting better for you soon! My saying atm is to just keep truckin' because although things are tough, I know that the best way to make them better is to just keep moving forward.

Good luck! *sending happy thoughts your way* :D :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Return to Weight loss Talk