It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:01 am

Free Newsletter

My blinkers are off...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

My blinkers are off...

Postby mel74 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:06 pm

I feel the need to waffle. Sorry girls.

In my mind, I've come a long way. Certainly in my life I have. Even in terms of health and weightloss I've achieved on paper ( I was 98kilos after having kids.)

I feel brilliant, I can shop easier and I have more strength and bit more energy.

Yesterday I saw a photo of me in a swimsuit. I liked it .. because I like who I am and I like my body for what it does for me. But there was a little tiny voice that said .. you feel good... but look at that .. JUST LOOK.

Today I joined the gym that I have been trialling. I let them do the measurements etc and I have 39% bodyfat. Still grateful that my body will agree with going to the gym and mentally pleased that it wasn't a huge effort to sign up. But 39%!!! that means that more then a third of me is padding, stuffing, bubblewrap and for some reason in my mind FAKE.

I am the kind of person that chooses the positive of thinking. I feel like right now I am seeing the real me... the real possible me and that is for now just a bit scary.

I know to ignore my inner censored... but I don't think this new feeling, this new vision of myself, has anything to do with her. I can't quite get it into shape though and a bit of clarity would be great.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for listening.

mel.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCGMto5/]
[/url]

"Lean into your fears. Dare them to do their worst and SHRED them when they try"
-Richard Bach
mel74

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:52 pm

Hi Mel,

I'm probably not the best person to offer some advice as I've got an inner voice ragging at me constantly (always at the back burner taunting me with negative comments) in turn I turn to food to try to comfort myself but then I just end up miserable.

My best suggestion is every time the evil little voice says something negative about your body turn it around with a positive comment. Become conscious of any negative self talk, say STOP! Make a comment about yourself that you LOVE and encourage yourself for all the hard work you've done to get a healthy, fitter bod - GO GIRL, you can do it :)

You have come such a long way. From 98kgs to 76kgs, that is a lot of fat you have burned. By working out and eating healthy your body fat percentage will come down and then you'll finally be able to squash that bugger of an evil voice and be satisfied and PROUD wit all you have achieved.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:18 pm

hey mel look at what you have in your life - lovely kids :) sometimes i think to myself- damn fading stretch marks, saggy skin etc but i know that i made my beautiful daughter in this body and thats got to count for something. if you are radiant and healthy on the inside it will shine to the outside for everyone to see. take each day at a time.
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:38 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself mate, you have come such a long way and hell, you've done it since having kids!! How many mums use the excuse "Oh, I don't have time to go to the gym or do exercise at home". But are you using that excuse and not getting off your bum and losing weight like them? No! You have already lost so much weight and you're making efforts to keep that going by joining the gym! I think you'll find that if you go to the gym regularly your body fat % will drop down a surprising amount! Just think of what your body fat % would have been when you were 98 kilos!!

You've already cut your risk of developing diabetes, having a stroke, getting heart disease etc etc by so much, and I think that's worth more than a number on the scales :)

Be proud of what you have achieved, and know that you have it in you to go the rest of the way :)
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Return to Weight loss Talk