It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:56 am

Free Newsletter

Does anyone want to support me??

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Does anyone want to support me??

Postby Nay » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:22 am

I weigh about 55kg. It doesn't mean that I don't have the same weight issues and food issues as someone that weighs 155kg. when people find out what I weigh, they go on about how I don't need to lose weight and that its ridiculous that I'm trying.

The problem is, that these people haven't seen what I look like. Someone at 55kgs may look great and not need to lose weight, but another person at 55kgs may not look as great. Everyone is different and carries weight differently.

I've had a baby, I have issues with food and I still have a few kilos to lose. All I want is to fit into a pair of size 8 jeans. Not a size 6, not a size 4, a size 8!! Thats not unreasonable for my height.

Is that too much to ask??? Im having a hard time lately.

Is there anyone that weighs around 55-60 kilos that has the same problem??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby milkyway » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:10 am

Hey Nay, I think the beauty of this site is that no one is here to judge and it doesn't matter if you have 5kg or 50kg to lose, we're all going to support you. We understand what it is to struggle with weight and food issues. That's the common thing that unites us all. Some people don't and never will 'get it'.

It's all about how YOU feel in your own skin. Your baby has produced a child which is a pretty amazing feat. I just hope you don't tie up your self worth with your body image. You'll be just as gorgeous and beaufiful person at 50kg as you are at 55kg.

I used to be 55kg and unhappy with my body. Sure, I weigh a lot more than that now, but I think I'm healthier, fitter and stronger than ever before! If I were to be 55kg again, I think i'd be a little ball of muscle! So I understand where you're coming from - me at 55kg and chubby vs me at 55kg and lean and trim and fit.

There are couple of girls here getting down towards their mid fifties - Loveat116 and Madeleine. molligrub has her own no binge challenge going in the Challenges section. She's a triathlete and trying to get down to 52kg and is around 55kg (I think!) right now. SarahC is around 49kg and trying to lose around 1kg of bodyfat and is into natural body sculpting. So those girls are definitely around :)

Hope this helps a little :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:51 pm

hi nay im no where near 55kg however i understand where you are coming from. Ditto to everything sandra has said as well. we all have issues with food and we are always here to support and understand that. when i was going for my walk this morning i was thinking about it and it really hit me that I HAVE GOT ISSUES WITH FOOD. im trying to train myself to eat when im hungry, not think about food constantly. you eat to live not live to eat. its a long process but many of us understand where we are all coming from. chin up
kate_turner2000

Postby ali » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:39 pm

Hi Nay, as you can see I currently weigh 61kg and need to lose a few kilos!

When I tell ppl Im trying to lose weight they all tell me that I dont need to, etc, but Im not comfortable with my weight. Im only 160cm short! Lol.

Ive found this site great, everyone here is trying to lose weight and they are all very supportive of everyone, even if you dont have much to lose.

I have struggled with emotional eating for AGES and I know if I dont stop this bad habit, it wont be long before the weight creeps up and up and I do weigh a lot more.

Also, its important to be healthy. I have tiny friends that eat really unhealthy and never exercise, but just because they are skinny doesnt mean they are healthy. So its a good thing you are conscious of what you put into your body.

I knew that if I didnt do something about my weight now, then I would soon become way overweight, because over the past year I had put on almost 10kgs! But my weight has been fluctuating for years. So I knew I needed to put a stop to it.

Good on you for making the decision to be healthy. Dont worry about what other people think, just know you are doing the best thing for you! You deserve to be happy with your body as after all, it is YOUR BODY! :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby molligrub » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:07 pm

Yup - I'm one of them!!

I'm experiencing exactly what you are - because I'm only around 55kg, people often make fun of me and try to sabotage me when I explain that I'm eating healthy. Either that or they just plain attack me for it, and make a big drama out of it! But hey, I'm just as entitled to get to a satisfactory weight for me as they are.

I'm not happy where I am - I have a pudgy tummy that I need to get rid of. I know that at around 52-53kg I am very lean and fit nicely into a size 8. This forum is great - I've had no-one try and pull me up for wanting to lose weight when I'm already healthy. It's not so much the losing weight as losing flab and toning up.

So yeah - I understand completely what you're going through!! And losing those last 2 or 3 kilos is sometimes the hardest of all.

Cheers, Molli.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnqxaGD/]
[/url]

I am gonna exercise my butt off!! Literally!!
molligrub

Postby madeline » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:05 pm

I'm with ya! And i'm sure ella will be too when she sees this thread. Yeah it all depends on height. We should have a thread for shorties :D
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby madeline » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:06 pm

p.s. if anyone gives you poo about it, just tell them what BMI you're trying to achieve, and how's it's perfectly in the healthy range.
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby Jannie » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:02 am

Hi Nay,

Good luck with achieving your goal. I think you will find support from everyone here. It doesn't matter what the goal is, we are all here because we are unhappy with our weight and want something better for ourselves.

Nobody but you can judge whether you need to lose a few kilos to be comfortable with yourself. Unfortunately for me, I am a great deal heavier than 55kg, but I am not very tall. When I weighed 55kg, I was probably about 6kg over my best weight, but I was lulled into thinking "oh, that's not so bad", until, eventually my slight weight gain had snowballed into full-on obesity.

I think you are very sensible to recognise that you are the best judge of what is right for your own body and to take control now.

I wish you the very best,

Jannie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBcrzqc/]
[/url]
Jannie

Postby dietcoke » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:54 am

I think it's different from person to person though because I'm 170cm tall and my friend is about 5cm shorter than me. She's the same size but weighs about 10kg more than me. It depends how much muscle etc you have. I say I want to lose weight but really I just want to be comfortable and not have any flabby bits. I have a goal "weight" I want to reach but really I know I'll just stop trying to lose weight once I know I shouldn't lose any more.

As long as you're healthy and happy in your own skin who cares what other people think. The worst thing is when people try to tell you that you don't need to lose weight but you know you're just good at hiding the flab under strategically placed fabric.
dietcoke

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:55 pm

Hey There,

I used to be 50kg (which i achieved after losing 7kg - ahh to be only 57kg again!!) and people can be very nasty (I remember it well!!) it's because they are either threatened, and you wanting to shift 5kg draws attention o the areas in their life that need improvement. Or they are plain ignorant, and have no concept how it feels to have a food addiction at ANY weight.

My advice - just tell people you are eating healthy as you care about your health! It's none of their business if you pick the healthy option, just say it's for your arteries sakes!
Lush Gal

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:29 pm

and maybe throw in a bit about the research findings that skinny people can have trouble with excess fat around their organs which is just as bad as if it shows in size 20 jeans!!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Nay » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:39 pm

really Butterfly???? wow. I did not know that.

I tried the 'healthy eating' speech at work the other day. My boss waved a bag of snickers in front of me and I said no thankyou straight out. (I don't even have to think about it anymore, I just say no!) He said something about me not needing to be on a diet and just have one so I said i'm not on a diet, I'm on a healthy eating plan. He tried his hardest to make me cave in but I was strong!!

Theres another girl at work trying to lose weight, and she looks great. She told someone she was trying to lose weight and they were going on how she didn't need to. It gets annoying sometimes. She put it right exactly. No one else sees you naked. (except your partner) You may hide it really well with clothes, but if you don't feel comfortable with what you look like when you look into a mirror, then its your choice whether you want to improve it or not.

so...yeah..
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby milkyway » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:24 am

Sometimes when people say "You don't need to lose weight" they mean it as a compliment... But so long as they don't follow that up with "Here, have a snickers!" . Often other people's own insecurities come out when it's brought into the open someone else's healthy eating/lifestyle changes and they get defensive of their own situation.

And yes, it's true, there are some very unhelpful "skinny fat" people out there!!!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:07 am

Nay wrote: She put it right exactly. No one else sees you naked. (except your partner) You may hide it really well with clothes, but if you don't feel comfortable with what you look like when you look into a mirror, then its your choice whether you want to improve it or not.

LOL my fiance doesnt even see me naked haha. i am like bridget jones how she gets changed so he cant see her wobbly bits ;)
kate_turner2000

Return to Weight loss Talk