It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:21 am

Free Newsletter

how is everyone today?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

how is everyone today?

Postby anom » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:57 am

Just thought I'd say a big hello!!!!! I hope everyone starts their day of wonderfully. hehe. Actually my alternative start for this post was

'work has been so stressful, the duromine is great and im eating the main meals (but alot less and nearly forget to the last few days) and trying to squeeze in a fruit snack in between. My gym is as usual going well. The motivation is still there 1 year later and despite the stall a couple of months ago, seems to have been reignited if that makes sense. Have a new role at work which sees me with more responsibilities and im not one to react well to change. Everything seems to have piled up at me all at once and i have a huge workload and minimal staff to handle it. On top of that I have a new staff member to train this week and have been told that there is help if required on specific days but else i will have to handle it myself. This area isn't the best area to work in as it involves alot of 'crap' jobs and physically is tiring compared to other areas of the company. Spent yesterday stressed and sad because of this. This morning woke thinking- hang on. Be optimistic. This is no big deal. You agreed to take it on- be responsible. Organise. Communicate. Breathe in and out. Things could be worse: you could be unemployed desperate for a job. you could be stuck with a team of staff members you dislike. things could always be worse. You know that if you can put in 100% positive attitude that things will be fine =)'

..but i chose to go with just a simple 'hope everyone has a wonderful day' start haha

you know when you have an issue with food when you realise that you have a dinner party to go to so you go to find the menu online and panic when you see the words quiche. chicken stuffed with spinach and ricotta. sponge (they are all seperate dishes =) just clarifying in case someone thinks im going to eat a sponge quiche with chicken on the side haha). Anyway if it was the old me i would think 'i need to pull out of this i can't go the food is very bad'. but the host is a good friend of mine and ...i've checked the calories that i will be hopefully NON guiltyly consuming so will work off that plus more at the gym now and eat less during the day until then.

Enjoy your day everyone. Be happy because remember- no matter what is getting you down ----> 'things could always be worse' =)
anom

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:40 am

hey anom good morning to you! i hope you have a fantastic day too. it sounds like you are changing your mindset which is great news. only good things can come from having a positive day! i know what you mean about the party where there wil be food. i have always said you dont have to eat or drink alcohol to be social. you can enjoy other peoples company and they can enjoy yours without you eating a particular food, a certain amount of it or drinking alcoholic drinks. i have a few alcoholics in my family and i know that a lot of the time they feel comfortable ABOUT THEMSELVES if someone sits and has a drink with them. its like it justifies it to themselves that it is ok to sit and drink a cask of red wine in one sitting. go along, have a ball, mingle with people and just be conscious of what is going into your mouth. :)
i hope the work thing turns out ok, it sounds like you have it under control and you are right, things could be worse in your workplace. it sounds like you are a capable person to be able to train someone new and to have a lot of responsibilities.
have a wonderful day and weekend :)

kate_turner2000

Postby dietcoke » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:04 am

Hey anom. I LOVE positive people like you - people who know only they can change their circumstances and who will grin and bare any situation because they know there will be benefits to mind, body and spirit with every challange. I'm s-l-ow-l-y getting there but still sometimes get a bit of a case of the "why me?"s.

HIP-HIP-HOORAY for happiness I say!

And yes I'm having a wonderful day so far...thanks for asking :D
dietcoke

duromine right before gym possibly a bad idea

Postby anom » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:38 pm

haha trust me i have my bad days! but i learnt/read a long time ago that when i feel down i have to actually ask myself 'wait am i overreacting?' and count to ten slowly and then reassess how i feel.

i came back from attack and rpm. usually breeze through them kinda haha... i think im starting to get abit of a cough. have had something similiar previously where it starts of as abit of uncomfortable-ness in the chest- when you inhale deep you can feel the heaviness in the chest? during cycle i panicked because i thought it was the duromine!

also i took duromine an hour before gym and there were moments where i could feel my heart rate jump up and had to stop....that combined with a soon to be wheezy cough....meant that i struggled through that class! still went at my own pace so all is still good.

have a good weekend. I think the vacumn is calling me.
anom

Postby Jisgone » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:11 pm

my morning started off horribly but its improving!!
i went out with my boyfriend, his best mate, and gf to see die hard at the gold class movies last night which was fun but after having spent tuesday wednesday and thursday at the dowerin field day (its on the wheatbelt) for work by friday i was completely exhausted! so after a few drinks i sat on the couch and completely collapsed fast asleep so bf went clubbing with his best mate, caught a taxi home and i woke up on the couch all alone!
if anyone knows perth it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a taxi at 6.30am saturday morning so after bf refused to pick me up cause he said he was still too drunk i had to walk to the train station, to find out i didnt have enough change, to make matters worse i finally got on the train in the nick of time only for it to go past my stop and the one after mine (who the hell thinks express trains at 7am are a good idea?) so with my phone battery nearly flat i rung my bf threatened him with a horrible death and made him pick me up from the train station!
i got home eventually, had a nap and now im awake and feeling great :) about to go shopping for a daddys day present and then im getting my hair done at 2.15 (courtesy of bf, he has nooo idea how much getting long hair cut and coloured costs hehe)
so ive decided the rest of my day will be fantastic and im going to rest up tonight and hang with my family tomorrow :)
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:23 pm

ditch the boyfriend!
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:33 pm

he claims we agreed he would pick me up at 10am the next morning so i could get some sleep, i completely dont remember it but that could be cause i was half asleep!
Jisgone

Return to Weight loss Talk