It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:32 pm

Free Newsletter

fluid retention

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mandie » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:01 am

Everyone has had sensible advice Kate... basically, if you are peeing then your kidneys should be working - if you find that you are retaining water and NOT peeing at all then that means your kidneys have shut down and you should get to a doctor ASAP!

But otherwise there are lots of reasons why you should be retaining fluid.. check the foods you eat for salt content, some things are high in salt without tasting like it, and you may not realise what you are ingesting! It could be hormonal, although you say its not TTOTM so probably not...

I would actually cut down to only 2L per day, and only drink more to replace what you sweat out during exercise (approx 500ml an hour), and try not to drink more than that for a while and see if that helps. Otherwise, I think the chemist is a good starting off point to get some ideas on over the counter remedies...

and if all else fails, see your doctor!

Good luck Kate :)

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:37 pm

thanks mandie, my fluid is close to 2litres a day and i am peeing normally and its pretty clear urine. i went to the chemist today and they have given me some celery tablets to take but also said to check with the dr if it goes on too long. im really careful about what i am eating but i am going to try and cut back on breads a BIT to see if that helps. its just so frustrating to know im doing the right things but then to see that scales go up!

Return to Weight loss Talk