It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:55 am

Free Newsletter

ok now I am getting excited!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Tas » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:04 pm

Hi Linda

We had a really grumpy assistant taking our photo for the passports and not kidding she practically had the camera to our noses to take the shots! So stunning is not a word I would use for me LOL

So I gather it takes about 5kilos to lose a dress size - not sure if that's right though - but it is certainly about that in my instance. Keep going Linda and it won't be long and you will be there too.

I was pretty much gob-smacked when I fit in to them as clothes sizes are not at best uniform - and you can be one size in one make and another size in another one. But now I am a typical 14 and can fit in several different makes - only on the lower half though. I would still be about a 16 on the top half, but boobs are boobs not much you can do about them though. However, even they have reduced in size but can't see them reducing much more - I hope not for OH sake - it will be Oh Too Much For him To Handle (excuse the pun) :twisted:

Cheers

Maria
Tas

Postby marie » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:32 am

well done in getting in them shorts. can't wait to go in a shop and just be a 16 rather than a twenty! well done
marie

Postby Tas » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:20 am

Hi Marie

I was getting close to fitting in to a 20 also - it was in October last year that I realised I had to do something about it. The weight crept up on me. It was because of long, long hours working at a computer for a few years that resulted in my weight gain.

Even though I am still working long hours, I take time out for me and get on the gym equipment or walk around the acreage.

As far as food goes I have always been a picky eater - now I am eating more than before and regularly. I won't miss a meal like I used to. I used to miss sometimes as much as two days with out a meal! Not any more - by eating regularly my metabolism has started to kick in.

Hang in there and it wont be long before we see a message from you that you have hit a smaller size and the feeling will be great and make it all worthwhile.

I am a determined soul and once I make my mind up to do something/anything I will do it and having this forum available has helped me tremendously - we are all in the same boat regardless of dress size - but between us we will make it happen.

You will notice that my ticker says 1 kilo to go - in reality it is at least another 5 kilos but by setting smaller goals it does not seem so much and it feels easier to reach the smaller goals.

Cheers

Maria
Tas

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk