It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Free Newsletter

How and when do you exercise?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby madeline » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:48 am

I go to the gym... I'm aiming for 3 x 1 hour classes a week, and another 2 days for 45min on treadmill after uni. I've also been going on walks with my boy lately, it gives us a great chance to talk, and keeps us both fit (not that he needs it, phraowww sorry i love my sexy soccer player :oops: :D )
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby metijo » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:36 am

:oops: I haven't been exercising at all. :oops: I've just found this forum in hopes of inspiration, but I have trouble with my feet and I am legally blind, so I need new contacts to get into the pool.

Maybe I'll pick up some tips from here - this seems like a really good forum. I've been kacking myself reading some of the responses! :lol:
metijo

Postby vanessa0305 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:02 pm

I walk a 10km track up the back of our home anytime I can't get to a gym. I love the gym best and like to do 3x body pump classes a week as well as 1hr cardio sessions on the same days. Then on off days I do my 10km walk, 20km bike ride or 6km run. At the moment I am enjoying the walk most out of my off day activities!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:38 pm

metijo wrote::oops: I haven't been exercising at all. :oops: I've just found this forum in hopes of inspiration, but I have trouble with my feet and I am legally blind, so I need new contacts to get into the pool.

Maybe I'll pick up some tips from here - this seems like a really good forum. I've been kacking myself reading some of the responses! :lol:

you can do it!! just build up the motivation and hit the pavements for a walk :) it will be the best feeling ever :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Fireball » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:19 pm

Hey Carly

I have just gone back to walking my dog as I have found this easiest. She isn't able to walk for long so I top it up by doing aerobics/dancing at home and as I work long hours and my house work doesnt get done often I've decided to do some daily as I figure I'm killing 2 birds with 1 stone. My husband is bemused by unusal amount of cleaning being undertaken - but I still expect him to do his chores I'm not letting him be a slacker.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Bread-Monster » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:45 pm

I have stairs. I run up and down those stairs until I'm too exhausted.

i like handstands against the wall. When I can't do a problem, I do that and the blood rushes into my head bringing with it the solution.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby Misstoodles » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:17 am

When I first started out, I really hated exercise and walking. It was an absolute chore for me and I used to read about people who got into weight loss and really enjoyed walking. I never thought I'd be one of them but nowerdays I look forward to getting out.

For me its all about the music. If I have my mp3 player with me while I walk then its a breeze to do. Obviously it depends on each person but I find dance music is great for walking to, usually sets a good pace, too. It perks me up, puts me in a good mood and I usually find it alot easier to step to the beat.

My mind tends to race over thoughts of my appearance and my mood can spiral downwards very quickly, which of course makes me really conscious of how I appear to the outside world, and this self-consciousness tends to throw off steady and even walking completely. Not to mention making the walk feel like forever. It helps me having up-beat music to walk to that distracts me. The beat also helps me keep a steady and face-paced walk.

Honestly I think it comes down to the individual, but walking is something I really love now. It's one of those things that needs to be given a chance. If its still not for you then at least you gave it a go - but if it is, then you've just discovered something wonderful for the body and mind.
Misstoodles

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:29 pm

well....
I started with walking then some jogging around the waterworks reserve that was close to my old flat during the day when I wasn't working then in the morning before work.

Then with my first pay packet, I bought a bike and have been cycling to and from uni/work for a year and a half and have just started jogging on weekends and days I don't ride.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby BusyMum » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:06 am

I havent been doing alot of exercise :oops: . When I do though I go for a walk or I TRY to do my DVD (I am a bit uncoordinated I think and I get so confused!). But we are going to hire a treadmill this afternoon and hopefully that will help out. Just thought I would let you all know Radio Rentals has a promotion on this month where you can hire any two peices of exercise equipment (i think they have treadmills, exercise bikes and elliptical trainers) for $19.95 a week (I think that is the deal) and you also get a free ex-rental TV with it. If you rent them for 36months too, you get to buy them at the end for $1. By that time you would have probably paid for them 3 times over lol. But I think it is a good option if you cant afford the lump sum of buying them straight up.
Angela.
Mum to 2 girls, 22months, and 6 months.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiWIiQF/]
BusyMum

Postby Ophir » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:49 am

Currently i walk home of an evening, but im going to change that. FH has put on about 30kg so im trying to help him along and he wont exercise off his own bat - he refuses to do pointless walking. As of next week ill be getting the train home and we will be going for evening walks once i get home at about 5.30pm. We will be home by 7pm, right on time to cook dinner.
Ophir

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk