It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:09 pm

Free Newsletter

This Forum

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

This Forum

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:26 pm

just curious:
Please answer!!

1. how did you find out about this forum

2. what do you think of this forum

3. do you keep in touch with other members of this forum via email, messenger etc

4. have you met up with or planning to meet up with anyone from this forum

5. who inspires you the most from this forum
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:31 pm

1) internet search

2) It's fab (not the washing powder, fabulous)

3)don't use messenger or similar, but if people e-mail r pm me I usually try to reply

4) haven't met up with anyone, but have seen 1 member on the bike track!

5) most people on here inspire me, but I find good cameraderie with the long term members and maintenance crew members

(edited cause I missed Q2)
Last edited by Butterfly_Dawn on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby oostevens » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:39 pm

OOH FUN I LOVE QUESTIONS!!

1. Well, um, i was looking online at calorie king and signed up and wanted to go on their forum or chat, but my confirmation email hadnt arrived. I was also looking a weightloss.com recipes and saw that there was a forum....and wala here i am :)

2. I adore this forum, i am addicted, i love it so much. Its very supportive and motivating and has so much info and great ideas. Thankyou all :)

3. I have started to yes, such as um electrogirl, happybella55, umm mel and recently zeedevilgirl :)

4. Maybe ;) never know :)

5. Ummmm those who have achieved their goals! Those who have struggled and made it through, those who are fighting and not letting down when things get tough :) everyone on here has inspired me in their own way :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:45 pm

1. how did you find out about this forum = internet search for weight loss forum :D. Found this one and caloriecount but prefer this one as it's aussie based :D

2. what do you think of this forum = I love it. The anonymity of being able to express exactly what I am feeling and not lie to myself pretending that I’m doing well and happy all the time. Knowing that others understand. The support is fab. My family is always at me to lose the weight but they don't support me its more of 'oh bella is on another diet, lets watch her flop at this one' :P .

3. do you keep in touch with other members of this forum via email, messenger etc = Yep sure do. I like meeting new people wether it be in real life or cyber space :D I've added my yahoo addy in just chatting for anyone who is interested in adding me :D

4. have you met up with or planning to meet up with anyone from this forum = yep planning on meeting a member for a walk :D

5. who inspires you the most from this forum = everyone :D I get inspiration from every single one of you :D
[/b]
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby shelbel » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:56 pm

Yay sticky beak questions! :D

1) Internet seach, was looking for some more support as am surrounded by skinny friends!

2) I think this forum is the reason im still on track now and havent given again!

3) Yep, ive a buddy on here! :wink:

4) Well no you see, no one wants to come walking with me! :o

5) And everyone on here, whether you lose for the week, its the determination and honesty on here that has kept me going and helped me realise its ok to fail sometimes!

Hey Kate, how about you??
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:58 pm

shelbel wrote:Hey Kate, how about you??

Ill answer last :)
kate_turner2000

Postby sassi » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:22 pm

i'm pretty sure it was just through a google search, i was so happy to find a forum that wasn't american!

2. what do you think of this forum
i think it's incredibly supportive and a huge motivational tool. it's hard work losing weight, and this forum reinforces that you're not alone. it also helps me to understand that we're all in the same boat no matter how much or how little we need to lose

3. do you keep in touch with other members of this forum via email, messenger etc
not really, have exchanged a couple of pm's with people, but that's all. always happy to chat though, just don't use msn anymore

4. have you met up with or planning to meet up with anyone from this forum
not at this stage

5. who inspires you the most from this forum
lots of people - and for different reasons too
sassi

Postby grugwashere » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:10 pm

1. how did you find out about this forum --- i google weightloss and this sight came up

2. what do you think of this forum--- i think its a great place to come for non judgmental advice and friendships

3. do you keep in touch with other members of this forum via email, messenger etc--- no but i would like to add me on msn yall [email protected]

4. have you met up with or planning to meet up with anyone from this forum --- no but you never know

5. who inspires you the most from this forum---everyone has their own amazing stories and achievments... everyone inspires me because they have all taken the hardest step in weightloss and that is deciding to do something about it!
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Re: This Forum

Postby madeline » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:26 pm

- google search

2. what do you think of this forum- i love it :D all you girlies (and guys) are so lovely and supportive, no censored here!

3. do you keep in touch with other members of this forum via email, messenger etc- I PM with a couple of people, Kate, Ali mainly

4. have you met up with or planning to meet up with anyone from this forum- Nope, not yet.

5. who inspires you the most from this forum- Probably the people close to myself in age or weight as I can relate to them- that's you Bella, Ella, Kate, Rach, etc
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby Ally » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:17 pm

1. how did you find out about this forum - Googled it!!

2. what do you think of this forum - Absolutely fantastic!!

3. do you keep in touch with other members of this forum via email, messenger etc - Sure do!

4. have you met up with or planning to meet up with anyone from this forum - no, but I would like to one day....unfortunately distance plays a big part!!

5. who inspires you the most from this forum - There are many, but have formed strong bonds with some of the longtimers!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:51 pm

1. how did you find out about this forum : googled it for weightloss buddies

2. what do you think of this forum love it .Its my life line and has been a saviour on many occasions. was one of the first members along with Pam n Scott

3. do you keep in touch with other members of this forum via email, messenger etc : sometimes but havent got puter back home yet

4. have you met up with or planning to meet up with anyone from this forum : Not yet but i think we should plan for the 5th year anniversary of the start of the forum and all meet up

5. who inspires you the most from this forum : Everyone
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Carly » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:02 pm

1. Google Search
2. I love this place. I have never felt so comfortable talking about my weight. I find it to be a supportive and inspirational environment.
3. Not yet.
4. Not yet.
5. Everyone is inspiring.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wl9ppYR/]
[/url]
Carly

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:44 pm

1. how did you find out about this forum- my old bosses at the group PT studio i worked at actually used the food kilojoule listing tables for their food diary and told me the address

2. what do you think of this forum- i think it's great :D so much support, good people to talk to. of course you get your people that irritate you a little but hey, it's the internet!!!

3. do you keep in touch with other members of this forum via email, messenger etc- umm i PM one person, msn a few others :)

4. have you met up with or planning to meet up with anyone from this forum- nah not yet! not too many adelaideans on here but if anyone wants to meet up, let me know :)

5. who inspires you the most from this forum- kim is a massive inspiration, because she started at the same weight i did and ended up at the same weight i have :) she doesn't go in for any of the fad diets and is just so sensible!! i think our attitudes to weight loss are very similar!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby ISparkyI » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:50 pm

1: Found out about this forum doing a web search when i needed some help and assistance . . glad i did . .

2: This forum is brilliant . . and I have recommended it to people . . they just been too slack to get a log in :lol:

3: Had a couple of messages and would definitely add anyone onto my MSN that didn't mind a chat now and then . . some of yas sound like good people

4: No I'm not but would definitely like to one day in the future . . just to see what you characters are like . . as long as ya dont mind a couple of quiet brewskies

Shaun
Nothing Ventured . . Nothing Gained . . .

ISparkyI

Postby ISparkyI » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:55 pm

Opps forgot 5

5: Who inspires me the most ? i would have to say all of yas . . from the successful . . to the battlers . . all of you are good people and have a story to tell . . otherwise we wouldn't be on this site to begin with . .

. . . 6: i reckon they should have a function to edit posts :)
Nothing Ventured . . Nothing Gained . . .

ISparkyI

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk