It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:55 pm

Free Newsletter

question about calorie king/calorie counting

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

question about calorie king/calorie counting

Postby matchbox » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:51 pm

I started calorie king today. just a question, not sure, but so far (after breakfast and lunch, and the gym) my exercise has cancelled out almost all the calories i've eaten today... that's bad huh? my daily allowance is 1300, but should i do the full 1300? i don't really feel like eating *that* much for dinner hehe. not totally sure how it works...
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby tamlee » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:07 pm

You don't have to eat back your burnt calories, you can if your hungry though. I think the most important thing is to reach your daily calories before taking off your exercise calories.
I'm normally left with between 100 and 500 calories after exercise.
So don't feel stressed about it.

:D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlFCALM/]
[/url]
tamlee

Postby matchbox » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:10 pm

i haven't even eaten all the calories before exercise - i've eaten 1010/1300 (before exercise)

should i get to my 1300 not including the ones burnt from exercise?
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:53 pm

hmmmm I'm not sure I've been wondering the same thing.

I think it's ok if you do but not to do it everyday as your bod will go into starvation mode. I'm not quite sure of this - someone else might be able to confirm this.

I think they call it calorie cycling. Eat more one day and less the next day to fool your bod so you can continuously lose the weight.

It's all too much for me to really understand at this stage so I'm just aiming to reach my daily cal limit and not go over.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby matchbox » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:59 pm

thanks heaps bella. ate a bit too much yesterday :oops: and the past cupl of days actually :oops: :oops: so hoping that this is ok cos i'm not really hungry, i don't wanna eat for the sake of it lol :lol:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:22 am

Yeah if you’re not hungry don't eat.

I'm trying to train myself to eat for physiological hunger not psychological hunger :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:12 am

HappyBella55 wrote:I'm trying to train myself to eat for physiological hunger not psychological hunger :D

Yeah, that's a toughie
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Ally » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:24 am

As long as you have eaten the required amount of calories before exercise is deducted then it is fine......don't eat any more calories just for the heck of it, but you know that if you do have a "hungry day" then you have them to spare.....

This may not be explained properly, so I apologise in advance!! I use the CK software and it has a little graph on it....when I put my calories in for the day and exercise calories it deducts it all...when I have a look at the graph it gives an indication what you will lose for that amount of exercise and calories. If I eat my certain amount of calories for the day and add my exercises in it tells me I will lose so much per month based on those figures, however if I eat more even after exercise that estimate goes down....so to cut it short....I would not be eating the extra calories unless you need to :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:30 pm

Butterfly_Dawn wrote:
HappyBella55 wrote:I'm trying to train myself to eat for physiological hunger not psychological hunger :D

Yeah, that's a toughie

Sure is a tough battle.

I've been reading some great articles and I carry a journal around with me to write whatever emotion I am feeling down rather than feed it.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

HappyBella55

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:32 pm

Thanks for the explanation Ally. Makes sense now.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

HappyBella55

Postby GwenFan » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:47 pm

Ally wrote:
This may not be explained properly, so I apologise in advance!! I use the CK software and it has a little graph on it....when I put my calories in for the day and exercise calories it deducts it all...when I have a look at the graph it gives an indication what you will lose for that amount of exercise and calories. If I eat my certain amount of calories for the day and add my exercises in it tells me I will lose so much per month based on those figures, however if I eat more even after exercise that estimate goes down....so to cut it short....I would not be eating the extra calories unless you need to :wink:

I am using this too!!

But I am also struggling with the calories - CK sets me at 1704 Calories a day. I'd rather be at 1400.

But, say I burn 400 calories a day - this would subtract from 1704 and make it 1304 - but, keeping above 1200 so as to not go into "starvation" mode?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx1SP9q/]
[/url]
GwenFan

Return to Weight loss Talk