It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:36 am

Free Newsletter

Diet pills from chemist Yes or No

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Diet pills from chemist Yes or No

Postby Lynda » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:08 pm

In my last shopping trip i noticed in the chemist they had all sorts of diet pills. All packets read that they would work if followed by a healthy eating plan. Do these pills give anymore weightloss to me or is it just the change in the eating plan. Next time i go shopping i was thinking of buying a packet, but they are $90 for 14 days. Any comments to help me towards my decision would be mostly appreciated.
Lynda

Postby Dolly » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:32 pm

I think it's just the change in the eating plan that works. The diet pills are just a symbol to give people hope.
I bought fat blaster and it did zero
Dolly

Postby Angel » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:12 pm

I agree with Dolly, I wouldn't bother. I've tried weightloss with and without tablets and couldn't say the weightloss was any better with the tablet.

You are right, with healthy eating you'll shed kgs anyway.

Save the cash and splurge on a new outfit - great motivation to shed the kgs.

Good luck
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Groovychic » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:50 pm

I tired them once, can't remember what they were called. I felt so sick on them that after a week I had to stop taking them. I've heard from other people that they make you feel sick as well. I did try that 4321 once. I more wanted it for the detox and if I lost weight well that was a bonus. I felt great after a few days of taking it. I felt it did detox me and I did the whole course with the 2 bottles. I felt I had a lot more energy but it didn't help me lose any weight. My partner had his little scoff at taking it saying do you really think it will work. I was pretty certain it wouldn't help me lose weight but by golly as a detox I felt really good. Didn't make me want to go to the toilet with the runs or anything either. A friend of mine was on it and she lost 4 kgs and didn't change how she ate. She doesn't exercise at all and eats loads of crap and still lost 4kgs! I have also heard that if you drink 4 or my cups of green tea a day it can help you to lose weight as well. But I really don't like green tea. Once it starts to cool off I find it hard to drink. And a few times it has made me feel sick as well. As always it is eat healthy and exercise more.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:57 pm

My sister did a detox course once (well, half of one) that she got from the chemist. She's been a vegetarian all her life, just doesn't like meat, but this detox must have been very low in some important nutrients becuase she started getting quite lethargic, hungry all the time and was CRAVING fish (which, along with any other protein was out of bounds) she had some anyway and quit the detox. Detoxes can be good, but you've got to watch them and listen to your body.

It sounds like your friend must have lost weight mainly through getting rid of all the built up toxins in her system. Eating crap can lead to all kinds of rubbish in your digestive system.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Lynda » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:19 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments. I don't think i'll buy them, i will however Angel go out and buy a new top. Thanks for the suggestion
Lynda

Postby BigM » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:26 am

Personally i'm against diet pills, but like Dolly says it's probably the changed eating plan that does the most benefits. In the end i think it's just a way that corporate companies are trying to take advantage of people and getting them hooked up on a pill that may or may not work when they could be getting similiar results from a healthy diet and regular exercise.
BigM

Return to Weight loss Talk