It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Weight loss Week 1 not looking good.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Weight loss Week 1 not looking good.

Postby dannyboi » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:11 pm

I started my weight loss mission last Sunday, but so far I don't think I have done enough to get the weight down.

I thought I could get the exercise and food patterns going but realise that it doesn't work so well with my current uni lifestyle.
I've been trying to do as much walking and weights as possible lately, every day but sometimes I just lose the motivation to do any of it. To top it up, I've been sick so having body aches isn't helping with the exercise.

Having uni during the day, my breakfast is decent enough but my lunch tends to be whatever is available to me at the time, and generally it wouldn't be what you would define as being healthy. If I don't get a decent lunch, I head home and have a pretty large dinner (which is what people advise against in terms of meal size). Keeping fluid levels high though.

Any help?

NO change in weight so far so that's disappointing. At least it's not a gain I guess.
- danny
dannyboi

Postby lng86 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:44 pm

Can't you bring your lunch to uni? Then you can choose what to bring and in what quantity. You always have a choice.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Re: Weight loss Week 1 not looking good.

Postby help6363 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:32 am

dannyboi wrote:I started my weight loss mission last Sunday, but so far I don't think I have done enough to get the weight down.

I thought I could get the exercise and food patterns going but realise that it doesn't work so well with my current uni lifestyle.
I've been trying to do as much walking and weights as possible lately, every day but sometimes I just lose the motivation to do any of it. To top it up, I've been sick so having body aches isn't helping with the exercise.

Having uni during the day, my breakfast is decent enough but my lunch tends to be whatever is available to me at the time, and generally it wouldn't be what you would define as being healthy. If I don't get a decent lunch, I head home and have a pretty large dinner (which is what people advise against in terms of meal size). Keeping fluid levels high though.

Any help?

NO change in weight so far so that's disappointing. At least it's not a gain I guess.

Hello

I am going to give you advice that works for me so I am unsure or not whether it will work for you.

1. I calorie count ........ therefore, I make out a menu each night of what I will eat the next day. I am prepared when I go to work/uni (I am studying too!) I simply take my food with me....... it does get hard sometimes...... I am not really an organised person.

2. I have a timetable....... it allocates time for study, exercise, lectures, tutorials, work and so forth

3. Motivation..... for each week I stick to my study, exercsie and diet I buy myself a little present.

4. I weigh myself and measure myself. That way if I don't lose any weight on the scales it shows up in the tape measurements. Nothing like results to keep you motivated.

I know you can do this! Let us know how you are going.
help6363

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:44 am

hey dannyboi we all need to start off somewhere right? so good on you for last week its all trial and error. all i can suggest is to be organised. being at uni you must have the skills required to timetable and routine. maybe head to the supermarket and buy a heaps of healthy snack foods. that way in between tute's and so on you can have a couple of snacks to tide you over until you get home or to a place where you can make a healthy meal. start your day off with a good breakfast. its vital in keeping you going. i know its important to combine exercise with healthy eating to lose weight but we arent rocket scientists here. take one at a time. maybe this week your goal can be to concentrate on healthy eating and leave exercise to incidental/easy workouts like a walk around the block. that way you arent aiming too high, you are giving your body a chance to get better from your sickness and then you can gradually increase the amount of exercise each week?
kate_turner2000

Postby dannyboi » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:16 pm

Making a note of the tips. Thanks!

Started to sort out my meals during the day and fit in the exercise into the right spots in the day. If I get to the point where it's just routine, like brushing my teeth, then that'll be excellent.

I'll report back.
- danny
dannyboi

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:14 pm

Hi Danniboi and welcome if I haven't said it before - I think I may have missed your grand entrance :oops:

It is about habit. Uni is a drag, mostly because it's stressful and not generally routine, things change every 6 moths etc.

Try and have a routine you can stick to, eg, make it like a job, you go to work (uni) 9-5 if possible. That way you have firm times to work around. If you can fit exercise in to your day it is easier if you are busy (I cycle for my transport, you might be able to walk some way in to uni) and if you make your own lunch you will probably save $$ too. I know our uni is WAYYY overpriced ($6 for a hand sushi roll, come on)
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby dannyboi » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:16 pm

Good idea with fitting the exercise into the routine. I could actually try getting off at an earlier train station and walk home and vice versa. I'll give that a go when uni starts again. (Have my mid-semester break now)

I'll try to make my own lunch, but no promises there since I seem to rush heaps in the morning (sleeping in :D ). Have to say the sandwiches are both expensive and horrible, you know the ones that are in the fridges and prepackaged?
- danny
dannyboi

Postby help6363 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:25 pm

Hey......I sleep in all the time too :oops: I have to make my lunch the night before.

It's a tough journey, this weight loss one but I know you can do it!

Have fun on your mid semester break from uni! :D
help6363

Postby electrongirl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:12 am

on Sunday I go to the fresh market and buy heaps of fruit and veges.

Then I make up a big salad in a big airtight container. That way its all ready for me every day for lunch. It usually lasts till Wed-Thu. I have it with tuna and some fetta.

On the days its run out I take something I can heat up, or treat myself to a healthy bought lunch.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby dannyboi » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:02 pm

Good idea with preparing lunch the night before or at the start of the week. I'll give it a go when the break ends next week.
- danny
dannyboi

Return to Weight loss Talk