It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:13 am

Free Newsletter

Slim shakes-what tastes good?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Slim shakes-what tastes good?

Postby chunky monkey » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:46 pm

Hi everyone,

In the not so distant past I tried TF but I thought that some of the flavours had a stange smell and aftertaste. SO last week thought that I would give Celebrity Slim a go. OK, the flavours aren't great, chocolate being by far the best. However, as I was leaving another chemist has Meditrim, just went up to my local shops and the chemist there has a shake program also call XNDO, went into the supermarket and there are heaps of different shakes down the health food aisle. I really like the idea of a shake to replace a meal as I am quite a busy person and there is no thought to the whole process and they shakes themselves are really portable. My questions are 1) Has Australia gone shake crazy? and 2) What are your favourite shakes and what keeps you full?

Thanks
Michelle
PS Sorry for the long and rambling post, I can't ever seem to ask a short and to the point question!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbij8Bk/]
[/url]
chunky monkey

Postby electrongirl » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:40 pm

I actually thought the TF ones weren't too bad but I couldn't do the plan because I got quite sick.

I havn't tried any others but I have heard the Kate Morgan ones are nice too.

They are probably all made by the same company anyway!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:55 pm

I was on kicstart ones and they were ok . Took a little to get used to and lost 10 kg or so but had to stop
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:46 pm

ummm lol unfortunately Im a bit of an old pro, although usually just trying other ppl's shakes ;)

Celeb Slim- pretty filling, VERY sweet, sickly almost

Tony Ferguson- Very filling, yuuumy flavours

Optifast- Very filling, ok flavours, (but cheaper than the above 2 brands)

Optislim- Practically identical to the optifast ones

UltraSlim- Very powdery and left a yucky taste cheap though...not filling at all!

Fatblaster Shakes- Found them to be filling, but a little blah

Hope Ive been some help :D xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Rustie » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:57 pm

Why not try the health food shop that has heaps of protien shakes. I love the lady bird chocolate fudge or white chocolate.
Sometimes they work out alot cheaper.

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:26 pm

Playboy_bunny since you've tried a few I'm directing this question at you - but if anyone else can answer - great :D

In 3 weeks I have to attend my friends b'day party at the beach - this brings up the dreaded cosy situation.

I am thinking about going on Tony Ferguson for 3 weeks to kinda speed up the weight loss process (I feel like this is cheating).

This is my question - if I do go on the shakes for 3 weeks then go back to cal counting will I put the weight that I lost back on?

If so I will just continue with the cal counting. But I'm really dreading this - as all the girls are skinny minnies and I will feel like a beached whale in comparison.

I know everyone is not going to be pointing and staring and talking about all my trouble spots but I still feel that they will point and stare.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:31 pm

hmmm thats the million dollar question there ;)
Im doing optifast atm on dr recommendation, and am also concerned with regaining the weight....I think if you keep up your water and exercise, then you should be fine....my sister did Tony Ferguson for a few months, then got sick of it, and went to Weight watchers, and didnt gain anything at all (and has gone on to lose more) I think it also just depends on your own body....I think if thats what you want to do though, go for it ;) xx
Playboy_bunny

Postby madeline » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:37 pm

How much do these shakes cost- let's say, for 60 shakes? I think I need to try something new, because I have plateued big time :?

P.S. I'm particularly interested in Celeb Slim and Optifast.
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby madeline » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:32 pm

... anyone?

I want yummy chocolate ones to take to uni, any recs?
madeline

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:40 pm

tony ferguson: 14x $3.25 = $45.50 per week

celebrity slim: $39 if you buy a weeks worth or $3.20 per sachet separately.
kate_turner2000

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:22 pm

Thanks playboy_bunny. I'll have to go to Terry White Chemist and talk to a consultant and see what they say.

Thanks for your advice :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:55 pm

Kate has it spot on there ;) Optifast is a box of 21 shakes, $40, that is 1 week worth, 3 meals a day :) Dont need any more food, only salad if needed :)
Playboy_bunny

Postby vanessa0305 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:17 pm

I used a shake program when plateaued and it was great. Lost about 10kgs in 8 weeks and then went back to calorie counting. It was a good way to get my motivation back when I was really low. No problems changing back.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby madeline » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:53 pm

Are you sure they fill you up? I'm a poor uni student so $40 a week extra is a lot of money to me. I just don't want to be buying them then having to buy lunch on top of that :shock:
madeline

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:25 am

i know with the tony ferguson one you can buy the additional fibre stuff that you add to the shakes. some people find that this thickens them up and helps keep the regular whilst on a shake diet and keeps them full for longer. usually with programs like that you can eat as much salad and vegies (theres a list of what you can and cant have) as you want if you are still hungry.
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk