It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Free Newsletter

Slim shakes-what tastes good?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby vanessa0305 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:45 am

I used the success shakes from Amcal. They certainly filled me up and I had no problem sticking to it. Mind you the first 3 days where just awful. Once you get through them though its a breeze. I suggest diet jelly to help you get through the first week or two. You can have as much as you want. And sugar free lollies,chocolate and wafers also allowed and help to keep you on course.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby madeline » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:01 am

Amcal? Can they be found at all chemists? I might pop into Chemist Warehouse sometime, they usually have a bit of a discount and I know they have a shakes aisle. Hope I can find either amcal or tony ferguson :-)
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:44 am

Madeline, Amcal is the name of the Chemist, so you wouldnt find them at Chemist warehouse ;) and Tony Ferguson shakes are only sold at Terry White Chemists, Celebrity slim is only sold at Priceline. :) Thats the catch I think! Chemist warehouse is where I get my optifast from, (they also stock something called optislim, which is the same nutritionally as optifast, and at my Chem. Ware they currently have a 2 for 1 sale, 2 boxes of optislim for $50, VERY cheap! So I bought that) Good luck mate ;) xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:45 am

My fave was Tony Ferguson. I was on it for about 2 months and lost almost 9 kg. It was yummy and kept me full. Also drinking the 2lt of water a day helps to keep you full as well.
I also tried celebrity slim. I won a months supply and didn't like them unfortunately. I also tried optifast and hated thos. They had a horrible powdery taste to them.
The only thing with TF was the the vegies started to get sickening. Coz broccoli and cauliflower were the main veggies around at the time i was doing it lol.
If anyone wants some low carb recipes i suggest going and having a look at the TF forum. Theres a yummy spag bol recipe with cabbage replacing the pasta and i make it regularly.
Also Notatos recipe is on there and that is yummy aswell.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby loveat116 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:04 pm

God I could never go on a liquid diet.

I dont believe you could sustain weight loss from them, there is no real lifestyle change there, what happens when you go back to eating solids?

They taste pretty bad too.

I would only ever recomend low carb protein powder, you can get flavoured ones, and they are the best (and cheapest) for you. Celebrity Slim and things like that have heaps of sugar and are just glamoured. Protein Powder is the way to go if your going on a semi-liquid diet.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby madeline » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:31 pm

hehe ella, you're on a roll today :P . We have to remember that some people on this forum have a lot more to lose than we do, and it may motivate them beyond belief losing those first few kgs from shakes. I am not against shakes, especially on days I don't have enough time to cook but I want to stay full, plus it's easier taking a shake to uni than a whole meal, and you're less likely to turn to maccas on the way home. I'll check them out this week, I'm desperate to shift these last few kgs.
madeline

Postby loveat116 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:35 pm

Yeah the thing that would attracts me is the easiness of it.

Just suggesting people look around, maybe go to a health food store and look at whats available with protein shakes. My boyfriend uses them and I know they are way better for you and you can get some tasty flavours (cookies and cream!?).

And remember you dont have to replace all meals, you can have a solid dinner if you want, or brekkie or lunch.

loveat116

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:39 pm

Each to their own loveat116 ;)
Playboy_bunny

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:43 pm

Just thinking, cookies and cream? Woah that sounds too good to be true! :shock: Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuum! hehe
Playboy_bunny

Postby loveat116 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:50 pm

Yeah lol. Probably is. I doubt it would taste liek cookies and cream with only 2 grams of carbs per serving lol.

My boyfriend has the strawberry flavour, he thinks it tastes delicous where i think it tastes like sand!

loveat116

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:54 pm

mmmm sand lol :lol:
Playboy_bunny

Postby madeline » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:11 pm

hehe you're so funny Gracie :D
madeline

Postby vanessa0305 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:07 pm

I tried the ladybird protien powder that tastes like cookies and creams and hated it..yuk!

I am sorry you don't approve but some of us really need the helping hand of shakes.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby chunky monkey » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:32 pm

Thanks everyone. I find the shakes to be convenient. I can have one in the car going from one job to another as they are so portable. I am currently using the Celebrity Slim, chocolate is the only one so far that I like. Playboy bunny, how are you going with the Optifast and so you find it filling ( I am greedy)?

Has anyone tried XNDO ( saw it at another chemist the other day, I am thinking this seems to be each chemist has their own brand)?

Shell
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbij8Bk/]
[/url]
chunky monkey

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:10 pm

I definitely understand what you were saying loveat116 about after you finish the shakes. and it is one of the reasons why i went off it as well. I don't want to have to rely on shakes to lose all my weight and would like to make a lifestyle change in the way i eat. Smaller portions and being able to choose what is the right thing to eat. But it does help to get you started and its very convenient :D
As soon as i have had my surgery I'm going to get back into exercising and eating well. I'm so sick of feeling like such a heffa lol
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk