It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Britney Spears VMAs 2007 Performance

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

well

Postby superstephanie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:16 am

okay she didn't do her best, but i still give her credit for having the balls to step on a stage after a few years, but i love her new song, it's awesome :)
Livestrong
superstephanie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:15 am

that was spam steph i had to delete it !!!
kate_turner2000

Postby madeline » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:41 am

Yeah I saw it... she's not looking bad after 2 kids, but that outfit wouldn't have looked good on anyone.
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby Misstoodles » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:49 am

Lol pretty tacky. Although she hardly ever chooses wisely.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby MissE » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:10 pm

Alot of people feel like you, Steph, giving her credit, but (and call me a bitca if you want) the way I see it is - Singing, Dancing and Peroforming is her career. One she gets paid alot for one one she is at the top of the field for.
If a very very high paid and top of the field lawyer had a couple years off, then came back to their job, boozy, possibly doped up and not trying at all and totally buggered up a high profile case, would you go 'aww but kudos for trying!'
I think she was an embarrasment to her fans, herself and her management (who share part of the blame, they should have known better).
Sorry if thats mean but this isnt a hobby of hers, its her job. She did her job very badly. She doesn't deserve credit for that. If you cant do your job anymore, find another job.
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby electrongirl » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:16 pm

I think people making fun of her figure etc is not right, she has had 2 kids and I think she looks pretty good for that.

HOWEVER, she should not have worn what she wore.. and her performance was terrrible, lip syncing was off, her dancing was unrehearsed and she just looked bored.

I really think her time has come and gone.

And her recent behaviour has left us all doubting her state of mind.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Misstoodles » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:24 pm

I understand what you mean about people's comments about her figure- Had it been the average person it would have been extremely offensive. But I agree, it is her -job-

I don't think anyone involved in paying a catwalk model would be impressed if she suddenly started showing no enthusiasm and let go of herself while she has a contract with a company.
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby electrongirl » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:31 pm

Misstoodles wrote:I understand what you mean about people's comments about her figure- Had it been the average person it would have been extremely offensive. But I agree, it is her -job-

I don't think anyone involved in paying a catwalk model would be impressed if she suddenly started showing no enthusiasm and let go of herself while she has a contract with a company.

I don't think its part of a singers job to be thin. Catwalk models are completely different, thats what the fashion world expect of them.

Does society feel singers must be thin?
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby MissE » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:34 pm

i think its more that they feel they must look 'good' rather than 'thin'. and if they choose to wear clothes in which you need to be thin to look good, then they need to be thin.
I think peoples criticisms of her body are brought about by the outfit. what she wore, she needed to be thin for. A better wardrobe choice would have stopped this criticism.

I mean gawd... I'd kill for the body she has now!
MissE

Postby electrongirl » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:40 pm

MissE wrote:i think its more that they feel they must look 'good' rather than 'thin'. and if they choose to wear clothes in which you need to be thin to look good, then they need to be thin.
I think peoples criticisms of her body are brought about by the outfit. what she wore, she needed to be thin for. A better wardrobe choice would have stopped this criticism.

I mean gawd... I'd kill for the body she has now!

thats exactly what I said in my first post. She shouldn't have worn what she wore.

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Bread-Monster » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:43 pm

I think her figure looks good, but she obviously had a tummy tuck.

I don't, however, reckon we should cut her any slack. a) She shouldn't be lipsynching in the first place, b) Her dancing was not good c) That outfit was horrendous! Being an entertainer, she should be entertaining, not embarassing.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby electrongirl » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:45 pm

Bread-Monster wrote:I think her figure looks good, but she obviously had a tummy tuck.

I don't, however, reckon we should cut her any slack. a) She shouldn't be lipsynching in the first place, b) Her dancing was not good c) That outfit was horrendous! Being an entertainer, she should be entertaining, not embarassing.

I agree, performance and costume wise, it was embarrasing. I just thing the people saying she was fat etc really need to think about what they perceive fat as.

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Misstoodles » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:01 pm

Not singing in general, but someone who's meant to be some sort of a sex-symbol from pop-culture who's doing pervocative dancing.. She's a performer more of a physical nature, I think most of her fans were young females who wanted to LOOK like her. She's no White Stripes, where no one gives a crap how they look because their fans love them because their music is great.
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby MissE » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:25 pm

Thats very true, and you've hit on an interesting point with her young fans wanting to look like her. Had she dressed in a way that flattered her slightly rounder but still totally sexy body, she might have done something for the cause of steering young women away from unhealthy body image, instead she wore something that totally did not flatter her and has started people proclaiming her 'fat', thus reinforcing the idea to her fans that if you arent a rake, then you are fat.
MissE

Postby Misstoodles » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:44 pm

Very true and I couldn't agree more with you on that.
[/url]
Misstoodles

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk