It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:59 am

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Suminoya Buffet » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:59 am

So the past two weeks I've done NO exercise apart from the stairs in my apartment and walks around shops, lo and behold I go to weigh myself so I can write it down in my notebook (I do this fortnightly now) and I've lost 6.5 kgs.

I didn't quite believe it at first so I did it again, then again in the kitchen, then I took the bloody thing outside and did it on the concrete (taking care that nobody saw, Crouching Fatass, Hidden Scales style :P ) and the number came up the same.

Whilst I'm fully aware I've been lax with my physical exercise, THE HABITS ARE STICKING; I think twice before adding sugar to tea or coffee, I'm constantly reaching for water, I'm eating mandarin's and apples instead of sandwiches or noodles, I'm not in the slightest tempted by the cakes or pizza's my coworkers offer me at work. It's as if a mental switch has been flicked, and although it's only the beginning, I am confident I can continue and go above and beyond.

So my attitude is adjusting and good habits are forming, I'd go outside for a walk... but it's raining 8)
Suminoya Buffet

Postby BusyMum » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:05 am

WOW!! Great Job! I wish I could say the same thing had happened to me :( . I have a bad habbit of weighing myself daily :oops: and I seem to have put on 300g since yesterday. I ate great yesterday and I done 1.5hrs exercise. So I cant work out why. But congrats to you. And I feel the same way about a switch being flicked. I even made DF a chocolate self saucing pudding last night and i didnt even lick the spoon! I wasnt even tempted.
Mum to 2 girls, 22months, and 6 months.

Postby Suminoya Buffet » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:14 am

Thanks heaps :)

While I am totally aware that this is probably a one-off, it just goes to show that not eating crap can make a huge difference.

The best part about it is that I feel more motivated to get more active than ever, and NOT put the weight back on!

But like I said, it's raining outside, haha :lol: Procrastination +1!
Suminoya Buffet

Postby Suminoya Buffet » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:24 am

UGH, can you edit posts here ? I'm not sure.

It's actually meant to be 4.5kgs, not 6.5!

If it were 6.5kg in two weeks I'd be worried, haha!

Sorry for the mix up :oops:
Suminoya Buffet

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:31 am

only mods can edit posts. well done on the loss you should be stoked, its amazing what small changes can do to the big picture :) keep it up

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:18 am

:lol: at the crouching fatass hidden scales comment.

What a fantastic loss, you must have been really doing well with your eating! Congrats
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Weight loss Talk