It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:08 pm

Free Newsletter

after losing it all...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

after losing it all...

Postby charlimc » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Im thinking alot that after i lose my weight that i want to lose im going to need surgery because of the extra skin on my tummy, legs and most probably my boobies :P...i just want to know if anyone else is considering this, has had this and what is the best way to try keep the skin as toned as possible during weighloss. i already have the horrible after baby belly as i went from 85kg-115kg during my pregnancy :( plus i have varicous veins on my thighs because of the rapid weight gain and my legs not being able to handle it. I just want to know all the possible things out there that can help all my problems.
Charli x
charlimc

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:51 pm

hey charli all i know is that drinking lots of water helps skin elasticity and that rapid weight loss doesnt give your body time to shrink back to normal. i too have the baby belly, all my tummy is wrinkly from having bubs and its like an apron ! i did notice last time i got down to 70kg it shrunk a whole heap (but like most things it will never go away) :roll: the skin on my arms is really saggy too and it wont go away unless i have surgery but i cant afford the $4000-5000 for it
kate_turner2000

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:20 pm

Ummm I don't know about the surgery.....but you can do weight training/toning exercises to help...although I'm not to sure if this will help :?

Someone will correct me on this
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby lng86 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:33 pm

Exercise!!! You burn fat from cardio... But you tone up from weights!

I know you don't like exercise... But it can be a much cheaper (and less painful) option!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:40 pm

Ive been thinking i might have to have 'my apron' stomach cut/sucked away when i get to my goal weight. But god knows where ill get it done at as i dont want to be another surgery gone wrong. Does anyone know a site to go on to fine proper surgery places?
soon2bayummymummy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:57 am

muscle tone will help to an extent but if you have been seriously overweight and lost weight quickly, there can be a lot of excess skin that just will never be taken back up unfortunately. Thankfully I haven't had this issue, but I do know that some people have this done. However you should wait at least some time to ensure that your skin will retract back as far as possible.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby lng86 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:11 am

But Charli - you are young!!! That helps! From everything I have read it helps an awful lot. You are 22... And your skin will most likely bounce back if you continue on the slow and steady path you are currently on. Don't fear! It's the best decision you made. The older you get, the harder it is from your skin to remain elastic.

I'm 21... And as I've spoken to you about on MSN, was the same weight as you. I've had no excess skin problems so far. Have faith, my friend!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Bigrik » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:55 pm

My Old Duck works at a pharmacy and says they have some really good results with Macro vitamin e cream

Give it a go hell of alot cheaper than the snip
84 Day Challenge
28 Days Down 12.2kgs off
Goal 30kg
Stretch Goal 40kg
Bigrik

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:28 pm

oh yeah, the cost factor...sheesh
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby onmyway » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:19 pm

I was always going to have a tummy tuck, but the scar goes from one side of your hip bone to the other (and sometimes further). I'd rather have my little caesarean scar and bit of skin that can be covered up with higher bikini pants.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPVZJ/]
[/url]
Goals:67=new shoes,65=haircut,60=shopping
onmyway

Return to Weight loss Talk