It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Excuses

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Fairie » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:00 pm

Welcome Bigrik :D

I too am a very overweight person and agree that we all need a big kick in the rear end at times. Life is not all black & white and there are a number of reasons as to why we are overweight and sometimes it's not just because we are stuffing food into our mouths.

I am so glad your head space is fine, one day I can only hope mine will be too. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Fireball » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:02 pm

Hey Rik. I have found this a very interesting thread to read. I tend to be quite direct in my communication so I can understand where you're coming from. I remember at Kung Fu there was an instructor who used to say, "Good" to eveything I did; that annoyed me. The other instructor hardly ever said it, when he said," Good" I'd go home happy because I knew I'd really nailed the technique. I suspect you would have liked the second instructor too. When I read your post I thoroughly agreed with everything you had to say. :lol: I am task focussed and prefer people are direct so we can sort out the problem not stuff around.

I have been trying to lose weight for years, but slowly put it on instead. My sister at 52 recently had a heart attack, diabetes runs in the family, I have problems with my feet due to my weight and have to use orthotics. I am a strong person and very determined. I quit smoking 10 years ago after smoking 60 a day so I figure I can do anything. BUT i can't lose weight. It drives me nuts. My husband is not supportive, well actually undermines what I'm doing. Finally at this forum I am learning about myself and I believe I will be able to lose weight. And I have talked about things here that I never even realised were a problem for me and would most certainly never normally discuss, so maybe I'm desperate and would have anyway, but maybe it is because people here make me feel like it is ok that I've screwed up all my weighloss efforts for years. I like it here and I think once you get to know people you will too.

Just so you know I do have a great diet, lots of fruit and veg, good meal portions etc but unfortunately I'm a highly motivated person. Once I decide I want someting, that's it, just try and stop me. I will go way out of my way to get a top chinese meal, chocolates etc. It is crazy and I know it. :roll:

BTW I'm sure you're beautiful on the inside too. :lol:

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk