It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:55 pm

Free Newsletter

How frustrating!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Dolly » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:20 pm

Tegan, I doubt it's an iodine overdose.
But the symptoms are listed on this page - http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 002658.htm
Just stop taking the kelp for a few days to see if everything rights itself.
Abdominal pains can be just about anything. A friend of mine kept of geting on again off again pains, it turned out to ba a twisted bowl.

Have you lifted anything heavy over the past few days?
If the pains become really bad, please see your doctor.
Dolly

Postby linda » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:11 pm

When I first started healthy eating, my partner supported me by eating only what I ate, and after a couple of weeks he started having abdominal pains, only of an evening, so I made him go to the doctor and it was too much stomach acid, put him on some tablets, good as gold now.
linda

Postby Angel » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:31 pm

Thanks for your excellent advice and encouragement, its great to know when you feel like giving up that there are some many people behind you cheering you to continue. Just what a girl needs.

I've looked at my food diary and I currently drink 8-12 glasses of water a day but think perhaps lack of fibre and regularity might be the problem. So this week I am gradually increasing my fibre intake to see if this helps.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ("CFS") limits my exercise terribly as I can only exercise on my better days and only small amounts of exercise - thanks to CFS the smallest thing leaves me exhausted so I altering my exericse isn't a option - although I'd dearly love to. My extra weight would fall off if I could exercise like the days before CFS. Oh how I long to do a pump class again.

Butterfly Dawn - while reading about how to increase my fibre it mentions that if you increase your fibre too quickly that it can cause abdominal pain - could this be it?

Thanks again for all your support. Here's to a weight loss next week.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:13 am

Thanks for the thought Angel, but I doubt it. I am, and have always been probably one of the most fibrefull people I know. I eat more legumes than anyone I know, usually eat wholemeal or multigrain breads and have wholesome, fibrous breakfasts like muesli and I have a real weakness for fruit (the bloke calls me a fruit bat), and being mostly vegetarian and too broke to buy meat anyway I eat lots of vegies.

I think I worked out what the trouble was. The samosas I made a few days ago gave a recipe for the pastry as just flour and water. I wondered about that, but hey that's what the recipe said. It tasted terrible, so when i made more pastry for the rest of the mix I did it slightly differently (some margarine and wholemeal flour). Pastry still isn't my strong point, but it was a bit better.

I think the fact that the pasty was basically glue may have blocked me up. the cramps were mostly in the left side, which, if I've got this right, is where you usually get constipation pain, and I hadn't been very regular. But I think I might be right now. :wink:

Thanks for all the concern. I think also there may have been a stomach acid overload as I like to drink my water with lemon juice because I don't like the taste of water. So I'm going to stick to plain water for a little while even though I think it's blagh.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Angel » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:08 pm

Tegan,
Since you find water so hard to drink what about if you drank your water with just a half slice of lemon - I do this and it gives a hint of lemon taste without all the acidity you would get from squeezing lemon juice into your water, I do the same with oranges (although this is a bit strange) and strawberries. Call it a compromise :lol:

Just a thought,
Angel
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:14 pm

well I've been pretty good today, drinking just plain water and I guess it's not all that bad. But if I find it just too hard to drink plain in the future, I might try that suggestion, Thanks!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk