It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Alcohol and Fizzy Drinks

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Alcohol and Fizzy Drinks

Postby ISparkyI » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:56 am

G'day all

Just happened to have a thought when I was coming home from the gym and made a bit of a realisation.

The amount of cool drink I used to drink and beer in the past was a huge amount. What I actually worked out from calorie king when I got home tonight was I was drinking more than my calorie count for the day in just cool drink and beer alone. Not even counting the food for the day.

Its amazing how people often just look at the foods they eat during the day and not take into consideration what their drinking as well.

Just a bit of a tip for you all and I am probably stating the obvious *nothing wrong with a friendly reminder though* is to switch to diet drinks such as Coke Zero, Sprite Zero, all Flavoured Natural Mineral water.

Some of the drinks that are supposed to be diet actually still have a large calorie count. I only drink now the ones that mention 1 calorie or less per serving.

The obvious solution is to switch to water but if your not much of a water drinker like myself, start kicking the high sugar drinks to the side . . theres a lot of great substitutes.

Nothing Ventured . . Nothing Gained . . .

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:52 am

hey shaun great point, i actually realised ages ago that the amount of chocolate i was eating a day was over my calories for the day. :shock: no i can be satisfied with a furry friend chocolate which is 80 calories :)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:48 am

Definitely a good point!!! Even heaps of coffee/tea during the day with milk and sugar adds up!

I can't drink more than 1 small glass of fizzy these days- too sweet by a long shot and I don't like the taste of diet drinks (or the chemical sweeteners - they scare me) I just stick with my soda water and if I need something sweet I usually go tonic water or light bitters!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby madeline » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:52 am

I feel so guilty drinking non-diet soft drinks that I don't enjoy them at all, so I haven't had one for over a month!
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)

Return to Weight loss Talk