It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:34 am

Free Newsletter

Muscles

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Muscles

Postby AussieGuy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:22 am

Can a fat guy of around 130kg have a six pack like u see on tv and stuff...

A mate of mine said u can but i'm not sure...

Can this be true... :D

IF so what do i have to do to get it..
AussieGuy

Postby Bread-Monster » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:29 am

First of all, six packs are overated

Second of all, yes. For guys it's so much easier to build muscle and lose fat due to that wonderful hormone you have called testosterone. Make use of your natural, god-given steroids and lift those weights. Make sure you do lost of cardio so you burn off that layer of fat to reveal the rippling muscles underneath, then tone down the cardio and pack on the protein
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby AussieGuy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:37 am

Thanks...How do u know what weights to use and so on...I tryed looking for some pics to see how to use weights but not sure...

I'll keep looking and see what i can come up with...
AussieGuy

Postby Bread-Monster » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:50 am

The best weights are free. Use your body weight. Do push ups. I found the muscles in my arms, back, stomach and chest became more defined after doing 10 military push ups a day, for 1 week, just 10. Doing 100 in 2 minutes is a good all round work out. I've never been able to do more than 35, but i know girls who can do 70. The trick is to get your form right. If you have a weak core, your form will get sloppy pretty quickly and it doesn't matter how strong your arms are.

Don't push it though. Start with getting your form right. Do as many push ups as you can with perfect form. Once your form starts dropping, that's as many as you should ever do until you've improved.

Chin ups: You'd be surprised at how much it works the abs and back. I remember one time I did 4 chin ups and the muscles in my abs were pulling my legs upwards while the muscles in my back were trying to keep my spine from dropping. It is really quite strenuous. Aim to do 10 chin ups. I can only do 4 because...well..I'm a girl and I'm quite weak.

Sit ups. You can download the sit ups cadence from various defence force recruiting websites. Bend your legs at 90 degrees, hands on your thighs, and sit up til your wrist reaches your knees and relax back down.

If you join a gym, they usually give you an induction and show you how to use the weights and stuff. I don't really do much weight lifting because I'm not trying to bulk up.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

Bread-Monster

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:20 am

i think kimmy posted a great link to a body building site once to show me some moves i could do but i cant remember what it was. im sure if you do a google you can find some sites
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:22 am

when i first joind the gym at 125kgs the personal trainer said ide have to lose the weight before i got the muscle definition, u can weight train all u like but if u have a layer of fat over your abs no one can see it :P
she started me off on light weights to build my core and lots of cardio to shift the weight
Jisgone

Postby MissE » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:18 pm

Bread-Monster wrote:First of all, six packs are overated

haha I disagree! mmmmmm 6-packs...
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Bread-Monster » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:06 pm

I came close to getting a 6 pack before I went off to Kapooka, it was kinda gross, seeing those little bumps form around my abdominals. I smoothed them out after 28 nights of custard and ice cream :lol:
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

Bread-Monster

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:57 pm

If you like it, pilates is targeted at the abdominal region and BOY does it work them!!! Sheesh! Situps obviously, pushups as has been mentioned and chin ups (particularly if you do it with legs held out in front of you at right angles or even just your knees tucked up)

And of course cardio to get the fat layer to stop hiding the muscle!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Bigrik » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:07 pm

I'm not sure if i missed the point of the question but 'can a 130kg man have a six pack?' or are you losing weight to have a six pack?

If youare hoping to be a 130kg man with a six pack, it prop wont happen unless you are a body builder. Chances are, and im not being negative, your body fat % is reasonably high, and abs or the 'six pack' need a reasonably low % to be visable

Rik
84 Day Challenge
28 Days Down 12.2kgs off
Goal 30kg
Stretch Goal 40kg
Bigrik

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:25 pm

Good point BigRik - I was assuming getting a 6pack would be part of a weight loss thing so, let me clarify my above post - technically a 130kg man CAN have a 6 pack, you just won't see it if the 130kg is fat and you don't lose the fat (hence the cardio to lose the fat covering the 6 pack). If you want a visable 6 pack, yes it is possible for a 130kg man to lose weight and tone up to the point of having rippling abs. Did that make sense or am I waffling again?
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KarinAnn » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:11 pm

This site has a few suggestions.. Dunno if it helps.. http://www.shapefit.com/abs-exercises-b ... aises.html
Has a long list of them all at the bottom of the page..

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby Immortal » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:57 pm

BreadMonster...

Gotta agree with you on the Military style of training... I joined about 7 years ago, been on leave for 4.5years due to excessive weight gain after a knee injury. But I've found the best exercise for losing weight and toning up your whole body is military sit-ups and push-ups as well.

20 sit-ups and 10 push-ups every day before your shower, works wonders.
Victims; Aren't we all...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wX0EW8N/]
[/url]
Immortal

Re: Muscles

Postby help6363 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:06 pm

AussieGuy wrote:Can a fat guy of around 130kg have a six pack like u see on tv and stuff...

A mate of mine said u can but i'm not sure...

Can this be true... :D

IF so what do i have to do to get it..

AussieGuy :D

I don't know if this is true...... I was told by someone that people have to lose the fat around their tummy to show off the muscles under the fat. Make sense? Oh....confusing myself now! This means that if a person has heaps of muscles on their tummy it can be covered up by a layer of fat, hence one must lose the layer of fat and do toning/strength exercises too....... I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS CORRECT! I was just TOLD THIS!

Oh.... I know this one! On TV they can use make up to make actors look like they have a six pack. My friend is a pro make up artist and drew a six pack on me. It was so funny! My stomach looked good until I turned side ways..... hehehehe!

Let's us know how your six pac is coming along! I know you will achieve your goals! :D
help6363

Return to Weight loss Talk