It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:16 am

Free Newsletter

TTOM :(

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

TTOM :(

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:14 pm

It's that time of the month again and I can't stop eating crap :shock:

I'm constantly hungry and no matter what I eat I don't feel full. I'm trying to drink lots of water but damn it I could eat a small boy and still have room for more lol :lol:

How do you gals cope?

Do you get an insatiable hunger and eat everything in sight?
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby help6363 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:19 pm

Oh...... it's tough, huh?

I eat diet jelly, those diet lollies...... okay, I binge eat on my first day but I make all those naughty foods diet foods. Oh...of course diet chocolate mousse.

Hang in there! :D
help6363

Postby electrongirl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:28 pm

because I am on implanon I only get TTOM every 6 months or so, BUT it makes up for it by being VERY heavy and very painful.

I also get really grouchy and irritable.

I got mine on friday night and thank god saturday is my "diet free day"

I crave red meat when I get mine, I think because I am losing so much iron.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:46 pm

Urrrgh I feel your pain, Bella!!! :( :( I just want to shove everything in sight into my mouth today!!! Damn TTOM!!! It's absolutely stuffed up as well, cos I'm on the pill and was due to start taking the sugar pills on Saturday morning. I got my period on Thursday!? Have had it since and now it's dwindled down to nothing? Usually I get it on the Sunday and it dwindles down to nothing by the Tuesday. My body is being retarrrrrded :(

But I chew a lot of chewing gum :P and drink big tall glasses of water with diet cordial in em :)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:06 pm

thanks for those tips help6363. We don't have diet food here just lots of fruit and veggies and wholemeal flower and pasta and things you have to cook up oh and lots of bread. So I've been nibbling on all these type of foods but gawd it all adds up.

Maybe its a good thing I don't have my car today otherwise I would be down the shops buying chocolate and skittles lol.

Electrongirl - I've heard about the side effects of implanon. I like the idea of not getting your period every month but I'd constantly be in a panic if my period didn't arrive each month and buying a home pregnancy kit just to reassure myself :lol:

Em - mine does that too. I remember when I first went on the pill my doc forgot to mention that I would get my period on the 28th day from when I start taking the pill and when I hit the sugar pills I didn't get my period and I was in a state of panic at the docs demanding a pregnancy test lol.

As long as I stick to healthy food I should be fine but damn why do we have to suffer this month in month out. Men have it so much easier :lol:
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby electrongirl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:11 pm

when I was on Depo provera I didn't get a period at all for 4 years.

This is sort of sporadic. But its alot heavier than I ever had. And the cramps etc are worse.

But I have had it for 2.5 years and no baby!! So I'm happy
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby lng86 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:38 pm

Hi Bella,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling yuck.

I don't have a day a week where I can eat what I want... Instead, I use it for ttotm. I find that it works really well. I get chocolate cravings very badly... So allow myself to have something. I also find that it keeps me from straying food wise during the month... Because I have something to look forward to.

Otherwise, buy some jarrah. It works!!! It tastes so yummy!!! And is practically guilt free.

Keep smiling!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby oostevens » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:25 pm

i dont know if i get the munchies, i started to the other day but i am not sure. i will let you know this time round :)

i am also on the pill and for some strange reason (like em) i think mine is coming early lol its meant to be here on wed but i am getting stupid cramps today :(

i use to get bad cramps and have it heavy, but my pill allows for it to be less painful and much lighter :) i like it.

i usually just get really depressed a week before ttom. like REAKLLY depressed :(

Oh, dont ever eat too many 'sugar free' lollies....i did that once, and was stupid enough to NOT read the bak of the packet....oops
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby electrongirl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:30 pm

oostevens wrote:
Oh, dont ever eat too many 'sugar free' lollies....i did that once, and was stupid enough to NOT read the bak of the packet....oops

Oh yes I have made that mistake before too!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby oostevens » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:13 pm

he he he stupid lollies :p

oh yes actually i am in the same boat as em :)

stupid pill, i hate when it decides to surprise me lol

so yes ttom :p no wonder i wanted to eat every lollie yesterday

OOOOH BELLA!!!! ur a skittles fan too?? OMG! i was a total addict ha ha
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby madeline » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:17 pm

I don't really eat that much more... but I just generally feel "fat" at that time of the month :(

I did snack a lot today though...
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:52 pm

damn pcos it really hinders that time of the month. i have mine at the moment and theyre heavy, crampy and a pain in the proverbial.

i really wanna eat everything in sight i just have to stop and think about things before i do it. love chocolate during ttotm especially but i have a milo for breakie every morning so that helps with the cravings. its hard because sometimes you just want to pop a dvd on and lay on the lounge and veg but with a toddler you cant do that. it will be nice when heidi is older and can look after me when im feeling blah!
kate_turner2000

Postby tamlee » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:36 pm

:roll: I hate this time of the month. I never really noticed before how much more food I eat. I feel so bad today I ate 3 donuts, and just then I shoveled a tin of rice cream, a huge tin of two fruits and a huge amount of vanilla custard. When I was riding the exercise bike today I had to stop and munch down some fruit (not that it bad) but I had a sudden urge to eat.
sorry for the rant :(
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlFCALM/]
[/url]
tamlee

the dreaded week before

Postby fiona » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:09 am

:lol: I'm so glad i'm not the only one that can't get enough of the BAD things every month. My husband knows almost to the day when it starts because of my sugar cravings! I also get crabby, not sure if that is the sugar overload or hormones!!!!
:oops:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNxsd9O/]
[/url]
fiona

Postby Tummygirl » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:06 am

electrongirl wrote:when I was on Depo provera I didn't get a period at all for 4 years.

This is sort of sporadic. But its alot heavier than I ever had. And the cramps etc are worse.

But I have had it for 2.5 years and no baby!! So I'm happy

I thought that Shot was the worst thing I could of ever had. I had my shot may 06 and still have toruble with my TTOM :evil: Just had my period for 3 weeks which stopped this tuesday THANK the LORD.

As for wanting to eat the world in one day I get like that as well, but i do feel quilty after i do though
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Return to Weight loss Talk