It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Shake Diets

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Shake Diets

Postby loveat116 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:23 pm

I think I might have been converted hehe.

I havent lost ANY weight this past month, so I'm thinking of doing a shake diet.

How much weight are you supposed to lose per week?

And is it possible to eat breakfast, and replace lunch and dinner with a shake?
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi - I am doing Kate Morgan at the moment and they suggest breakkie and lunch - shakes and dinner a normal healthy meal. Hope this helps!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Bigrik » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:39 pm

Im not sure if replacing 2 of your main meals is all together healthy, i am a firm believer in the 6 small meals aday reguime. I use the MRP shakes in between my main meals. Watching calorie intake as well. My shakes are 280cals, and my daily intake is around 280.

If you only have 3 meals aday, depending on your metabolism, your body thinks you are starving it. So even if you eat low cals, and small meals, or MRP shakes, your body will still try to store fat.

Eating more to loose weight certainly was a concept that did my head in to begin with.
84 Day Challenge
28 Days Down 12.2kgs off
Goal 30kg
Stretch Goal 40kg
Bigrik

Postby Bigrik » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:40 pm

i meant my daily intake is around 1600 cal's
84 Day Challenge
28 Days Down 12.2kgs off
Goal 30kg
Stretch Goal 40kg
Bigrik

Postby sassi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:45 pm

i think how much weight you're meant to lose per week depends on your starting weight, whether you stick exactly to their program etc.

i've read a few stories where people are losing 1-2kg a week - but they may well have had a far higher starting weight than you to start with ella.

i tried the celeb slim shakes. i thought they tasted fine, but ultimately i don't think shake diets are for me. i'd rather follow up a weights session with a protein shake i make myself with really good quality thermogenic protein.

i got headaches & light headed on the first couple of days using shakes & that was it for me. i have a job that requires a lot of attention to detail & can be quite stressful and i just couldn't concentrate.

the symptoms are meant to go after a couple of days, but i didn't have the willpower to stick it out! i also felt that my problem with food is that i am big emotional eater and also portion control - i have lived with guys for alot of my adult years and got into the habit of eating boy-sized meals! i felt that having the shakes wasn't helping me to overcome my personal eating issues.

sorry for the longwinded reply!
sassi

Postby loveat116 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:46 pm

Bigrik wrote:Im not sure if replacing 2 of your main meals is all together healthy, i am a firm believer in the 6 small meals aday reguime. I use the MRP shakes in between my main meals. Watching calorie intake as well. My shakes are 280cals, and my daily intake is around 280.

If you only have 3 meals aday, depending on your metabolism, your body thinks you are starving it. So even if you eat low cals, and small meals, or MRP shakes, your body will still try to store fat.

Eating more to loose weight certainly was a concept that did my head in to begin with.

If I were to do the shake diet my diet would prob be:

healthy breakfast (i wouldnt have a shake here cause i NEED a solid breakfast, and its my fave meal of the day)
Snack
Shake - Lunch
Snack
Shake - Dinner

I just need something to get back into weight loss.

loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:48 pm

sassi wrote:i think how much weight you're meant to lose per week depends on your starting weight, whether you stick exactly to their program etc.

i've read a few stories where people are losing 1-2kg a week - but they may well have had a far higher starting weight than you to start with ella.

i tried the celeb slim shakes. i thought they tasted fine, but ultimately i don't think shake diets are for me. i'd rather follow up a weights session with a protein shake i make myself with really good quality thermogenic protein.

i got headaches & light headed on the first couple of days using shakes & that was it for me. i have a job that requires a lot of attention to detail & can be quite stressful and i just couldn't concentrate.

the symptoms are meant to go after a couple of days, but i didn't have the willpower to stick it out! i also felt that my problem with food is that i am big emotional eater and also portion control - i have lived with guys for alot of my adult years and got into the habit of eating boy-sized meals! i felt that having the shakes wasn't helping me to overcome my personal eating issues.

sorry for the longwinded reply!

Thanks for the reply!

I know its not the best way to lose weight, but I am getting frustrated cause im not losing, and i know why! Cause im eating like crap and I need a plan I can stick too...

loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:50 pm

I have found this Musashi Fat Metaboliser Powder.

460kj per 30gram serve. Thats about half of celebrity slim... comes in 2 flavours and has 20grams of protein (4grams more than celebrity slim)..

loveat116

Postby sassi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:51 pm

i was the same ella - i thought i could do the shakes for a couple of weeks just to get me back on track. they really do work for people, just not for me!

the flavours were way better than i expected though and my personal opinion is that it's all about trial & error so it's good to give things a shot, so i would hate to put you off on the basis of my experience!
sassi

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:52 pm

My first week on tony ferguson i lost 2.6kg. But everyone is different. Tony feruson has a forum aswell which is pretty handy for questions and to get tips and ideas. And a hint if anyone checks it out it runs better in Windows explorer..
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby Bigrik » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:52 pm

What sort of exercise are you doing?
When using the shakes make sure you read the nutrional info as alot of them have a massive amount of cards and a high percentage of that is sugars. As well as what vitamins etc are in it, because if your body doesn't get what it needs from your food (you may what to look away at this point), your intestines will reaccess it from your faeces to get what it needs. And this is when you start to feel sick and run down.
84 Day Challenge
28 Days Down 12.2kgs off
Goal 30kg
Stretch Goal 40kg
Bigrik

Postby loveat116 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:54 pm

I aim to do 4 cardio sessions a week and 3 weights sessions.

I wouldnt use a Celebrity Slim or anything like that, I know that they are loaded with sugar.

This Musashi Fat Metabolising Formula has 20 grams protein, and only 4.1grams of carbohydrates. So this is the best one I have looked at, apart from pure whey protein.
I just hope its not too expensive!

loveat116

Postby Bigrik » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:57 pm

Make sure yo loog at the amount of protein you take in 1g for every kilo you are, any more and it aids bulking not weightloss
84 Day Challenge
28 Days Down 12.2kgs off
Goal 30kg
Stretch Goal 40kg
Bigrik

Postby loveat116 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:01 pm

i always heard 1gram of protein for every lb of body weight.

2 x Shakes = 40grams
Breakfast = 4grams + 5grams (oats with milk) + 100grams yoghurt (6grams)

= about 55 grams of protein a day, plus a little more in snacks.

So wouldnt be too much protein.

loveat116

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:58 pm

Tanya - I think that the TF website is fantastic (as is this one of course!!!!!). You can get really great recipes and everyone is so friendly. I go there as well as here and even though I swapped from TF to KM - I still pop over and talk to everyone.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk