It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:37 pm

Free Newsletter

The Key To Weight Loss

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

What Is The Most Important Thing When Trying to Lose Weight?

Exercise & Diet
72%
Sleep & Rest
3%
Supplements
No votes
All Of The Above
24%

Total votes : 29

Postby wanabe_thin » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:45 am

I don't know about the rest of you but I think I know quite a lot about dieting. I know all the things I SHOULDN'T be doing. I've reads dozens of diet books, joined weight watchers - several times, own quite a few exercise DVD's that I have WATCHED many times. BUT I have never quite managed to loose weight for long.

Why? Hmmm tough question. I guess it's like when I was trying to give up smoking, I stopped lots of times but finally I quit.

So dieting is the same for me, I have dieted lots of times but finally I have decided to loose weight, (I hope I don't quit this time).

This is what this place is for, support and hope, advice is just a bonus!
Ultimate Goal 65kg by 18/09/08
This months goal- to weight less than last month LOL!! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsrRMSI/]
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Postby Timmy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:17 am

wanabe_thin wrote:So dieting is the same for me, I have dieted lots of times but finally I have decided to loose weight, (I hope I don't quit this time).

Good luck! something i try to remember is think of your weight loss as a run in the park, in that park there may be alot of things in your way as u go making u trip over a couple of times but the key to either winning the race or completing what you started is not going to sleep and giving up its if u can get back on ur feet.

So if u do go off the track or trip over its not the end of the world just means you have to get back up and do ur best to catch up again ;)

before i get flamed for saying this ill point out this does not work for everyone does not always work for me! but at times when i do trip over just a little its the best way to think of it for myself and i always get back up. So that said take what you want from my Story or w/e u might call it.

Tim
Timmy

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:50 am

Ally wrote:I find it is a combination of diet and exercise as well as your attitude that is important!! If your frame of mind isn't right then you won't get anywhere as I have found out!! I still struggle a lot, but I will get there!!

I totally agree with you Ally. At first you have this motivation and hunger for it but motivation dries up after a while - its commitment that will get you through in the end.

No matter how much money you pay someone for training or supplements or whatever it ultimately has to come from within you.

Thanks for offering your services Bobby. Lauren another member on this forum offers the same tip as you do and I happen to agree that drinking a glass of water before your meal definitely helps.

Looking forward to your contributions and other helpful tips :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk