It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:43 pm

Free Newsletter

I am really excited..

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I am really excited..

Postby BusyMum » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:34 am

This last week, I done the soup diet. The information I had about it, said that if you do not cheat, you should lose between 4.5 and 7kg by the end of the week. Well yesterday was the last day and I got up this morning and weighed myself and I had only lost 2kg. I was really upset. DP had lost exactly the same amount and he had McDonalds yesterday! I walked for one hour yesterday, I ate soup, rice and vegetables, and I only drank water. All week I have smelt like an onion! And worked my backside off, and all for just 2kg :cry: .

So I made an appointment with the GP and went to see him at 7:30 this morning. The doctor I usually see is away and there was another guy filling in for him. But the new guy was great. His wife had actually been a nutritionist for 30years, so he had alot of tips for me too.

I sat down and he asked me what was up.. With tears in my eyes already, i said that i had been trying to loose weight and it wasnt going so well. He then gave me the usual speil about to lose weight you have to do 2 things - cut down fat in the diet, and exercise. When I told him I had done all that and gave him a run down of what I had eaten and how much exercise I had done, he was quiet worried for me seeing as I had had to wipe the tears from my face numerous times within those few sentences. When he asked me what I weighed, well I just burst into more tears. I felt really bad having done it in front of the doctor. But perhaps that was what I needed to get me heading in the right direction. He wrote me a script for duromine, just to use as a helper. He doesnt want me relying on the pills for the weight loss, I have to do all the hard work. He also refered me to a dietician until January 2008. If I need to keep going after that, he will write me another referal. But atleast now I feel like I am not alone and like I have the help that I have so desperately needed. On my referal to the dietician he even wrote under the heading of goals "reduction in weight and improvement in self-esteem". God knows I need that!! So I am quiet excited about what changes the coming weeks are going to have.

I also wanted to let everyone know some advice the doctor had given me in regard to the attitude we should have toward weight loss. It was something that really stuck in my mind and makes total sense. He said alot of people that are trying to lose weight think "I MUST, MUST, MUST lose weight". Or that they "should" or "have to". This is the wrong thing to think. We need to say to ourselves "I will do my best to lose weight". This way we are still working as hard as we would be with the other attitude, but if we have a slip up, which he has guarantee'd we all do, we are not so hard on ourselves. We know that we have done our best.

After reading over what I just wrote, it is no wonder that I failed english in school :lol: lol. But I just wanted to tell everyone how excited I am :D
Angela.
Mum to 2 girls, 22months, and 6 months.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiWIiQF/]
BusyMum

Postby loveat116 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:43 am

2kg is awesome for a week! You should be really proud of yourself!

Thats great about going and seeing a dietician, your going to learn a lot!

Sounds like you are very committed to losing the weight, I know you will succeed!
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby oostevens » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:51 am

wow i was thinking about seeing a doc just to check i am all good for weightloss and dont have any probs but she may think i am weird :s and i have only just started my exercise and diet 1mth ago so yeah hehe

awesome about seeing the doc :( not so awesome that u were so upset, i just wanna hug u and give u a lollipop....but they are bad :p

yeah u will learn heaps from dietician :) and hey i recon every gal has self esteem probs in their life, like even now, some gals u see, u thnk they are stable but i recon they are troubled by esteem too :) i know i still am :)

2ks is awesome, thats the amount i WANT to lose each week :p

and ur doc is right about attitute, if u strive to do the best u can do, then u never fail :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby yummymummy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:19 am

be proud of yourself for what you have achieved babe and hang in there sometimes it can ba a long hard journey, and 2kg is a great loss!!
Goodluck with the duromine , hopefully it gives you the kickstart you need
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Rustie » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:40 am

I was going to ask my doctor the same thing as i have been trying to lose weight for a while and it doesnt seem to want to shift. And my god it is fustrating!!
Good luck on the pills

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:57 pm

hey angela thanks for the advice about trying our best. i think thats really important to remember :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Bread-Monster » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:11 pm

Awww, don't be sad, you did really well. I have problems losing 200g a week (it all comes back on in 2 days anyway) and that's on a really strict diet of leafy greens and miso soup (and nothing else) so 2kg is great.

You shouldn't be so harsh on yourself next time things don't go as expected. If you get upset, you're more likely to give up.

But yeah, good luck on the pills. I really hope you succeed.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby Ledzeppelin2007 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:12 pm

Reading that makes me wanna try abit harder now. Goodluck with the future i have a feelin ur'll achieve your goals.
Keep it real
Ledzeppelin2007

Postby milkyway » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:26 pm

2kg is a fantastic loss! Well done. You sounds like you've got a great attitude :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby ISparkyI » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:28 am

Have to agree. 2 Kgs is an awesome achievement . . you should be proud not down in the dumps . . honestly well done and keep ya chin up . . that is what we commonly call a successful week . .

Shaun
Nothing Ventured . . Nothing Gained . . .

ISparkyI

Return to Weight loss Talk