It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Fitness, Weighloss and Advice.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Fitness, Weighloss and Advice.

Postby Ledzeppelin2007 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:59 pm

Hey, I'm a new person on this forum. I've been looking for a place where i can ask questions bout some things my friends dont no and i cant find answers too, and the motivation is good too.

Lately i have been jogging for 20mins sessions and with 1min rest 2min on intervals. I'm trying to reduce my weight. Here are my details

Height: 196cm
Weight: 113.6kg
BMI: 28
Goal Weight: <100

so I've really come here to ask whether it is possible for myself to lose the weight? i'm aware of kJ's in to out and lately i have been Drinkin heaps more water but have the occasionally coffee or tea. I calculated around 13800 KJ daily intake and if i cut back 3000 a day i can lose like 800grams a week. Are these numbers right? I'm also starting to join a gym with a friend, so whats a good start? I've sorta gathered that something like 10min on a bike 10mins of weights 10mins of treadmill 5min strechdown followed by a fastpaced or jog 10min home.. probably gym 3-4 times a week and the other days do jog around the street and push ups and sit ups at home. This is sorta what i have prepared to do. Any tips, advice, hints and words would be very much predicated
Keep it real
Ledzeppelin2007

Postby charlimc » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:00 pm

hey and welcome to the forum. for some advise i go by calories and the info i have found is that u need to burn 3500 cal more than you take in to lose ½ kg. ½ kg a week is a good number to lose so you can tone as you go. Im on lite n easy so my calories are already sorted out for me but i know alot of girls on here use a site called calorie king to determine how many calories they are taking in. 1200 calories is meant to be the loswest you should have, any less your body goes into starvation mode.
as for exercise im not going to the gym atm even tho i should because i have a membership but this is the info i have gathered
WALKING
Lose approz 100 cal walking 1 mile ( 1.6 kilometres )
Walk 47 miles to lose ½ kilo ( 75 kilometres )
Walk 94 miles to lose 1 kg ( 151 kilometres )
10,000 steps = approx 5 miles fast walking
1 mile takes approx 30 mins
10,000 steps = approx 5 miles fast walking ( burn 500 cal approx 1 ½ hrs )
SKIPPING
Fast 10 mins = 100 calories
Slow 10 mins = 82 calories
SLEEPING
You burn approx 70 calories in a whole nights sleep

hope that isnt all too confusing for you and i hope i am of some help...
Charli x
charlimc

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:29 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!! I'm not a calorie/kj counter myself,. I'm a bit low tech and trial and error - just exercise 'more' and eat 'better'. But yes it IS possible for you to lose the weight - it's just a matter of how you choose to do it.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby rcajht » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:20 am

To make a delicious low fat mayonnaise simply combine one teaspoon Dijon mustard or one teaspoon satay sauce with low fat yoghurt

Avoid skipping meals. Eating increases your metabolism, thus skipping meals can 'trick' your body into slowing down its metabolism in an attempt to conserve calories during a period it perceives as a situation where limited fuel is available.

Stuffing vegetables such as capsicum and zucchini with tasty fillings of mince chicken, meat or tuna are easy to do and very healthy and low fat.

http://www.leapleaf.com/leapleaf.php?id=wl_tips
rcajht

Re: Fitness, Weighloss and Advice.

Postby help6363 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:06 am

Ledzeppelin2007 wrote:Hey, I'm a new person on this forum. I've been looking for a place where i can ask questions bout some things my friends dont no and i cant find answers too, and the motivation is good too.

Lately i have been jogging for 20mins sessions and with 1min rest 2min on intervals. I'm trying to reduce my weight. Here are my details

Height: 196cm
Weight: 113.6kg
BMI: 28
Goal Weight: <100

so I've really come here to ask whether it is possible for myself to lose the weight? i'm aware of kJ's in to out and lately i have been Drinkin heaps more water but have the occasionally coffee or tea. I calculated around 13800 KJ daily intake and if i cut back 3000 a day i can lose like 800grams a week. Are these numbers right? I'm also starting to join a gym with a friend, so whats a good start? I've sorta gathered that something like 10min on a bike 10mins of weights 10mins of treadmill 5min strechdown followed by a fastpaced or jog 10min home.. probably gym 3-4 times a week and the other days do jog around the street and push ups and sit ups at home. This is sorta what i have prepared to do. Any tips, advice, hints and words would be very much predicated

Hey!

Here's my 2 cents on calories......it's what I have done and still doing to lose weight but since we are not all made from the same blueprint ...... different things work for different people.....

There are 4.19 KJ for every one calorie

TO LOSE WEIGHT

Woman ..... less than 5 kgs
1,250 calories (35g of fat)

Males.... less than 5 kgs
1,500 calories (42g of fat)

Woman ...... need to lose 6-20kgs
1,500 calories (42g of fat)

Man ........ need to lose 6-20 kgs
1,750 calories (49g of fat)

More than 20 kg
Woman ...... 1,750 calories (49g of fat)
Male ....... 2,000 (56g of fat)

Once a week....I forget about the grams of fat and have fast food but make sure I am still within my calorie range. Additionally, I have a small 100-150 calorie treat per day.

WELL DONE on the exercise and drinking water....that's fantastic! :D

Calories seem so confusing at first (well I found them confusing) but they become second nature after a while.

I look forward to reading your success story in the near future :D
help6363

Postby electrongirl » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:37 am

rcajht wrote:To make a delicious low fat mayonnaise simply combine one teaspoon Dijon mustard or one teaspoon satay sauce with low fat yoghurt

Avoid skipping meals. Eating increases your metabolism, thus skipping meals can 'trick' your body into slowing down its metabolism in an attempt to conserve calories during a period it perceives as a situation where limited fuel is available.

Stuffing vegetables such as capsicum and zucchini with tasty fillings of mince chicken, meat or tuna are easy to do and very healthy and low fat.

http://www.leapleaf.com/leapleaf.php?id=wl_tips

Thats a pretty good site with good tips.

There is more fat in a plate of toasted muesli than a plate of bacon and eggs! Purchase non-toasted muesli instead.

I wouldn't have thought that!! Not that I eat muesli but I would have thought it was the other way around!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Return to Weight loss Talk