It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:42 pm

Free Newsletter

"Stop TRYING, and start DOING!"

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

"Stop TRYING, and start DOING!"

Postby local mike » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:07 am

Haha, I swear this article was written with me in mind :lol:

http://www.thatsfit.com/2007/02/15/stop ... o-get-fit/

If you've been thinking, struggling, wishing, dreaming, hoping or TRYING to get fit, stop now! You heard me. Stop trying and start doing! If you are truly on a mission to do something about your health, whether it be lose 50 pounds or gain some strength, the time is now. Mulling it over or "thinking about it" never got anyone anywhere. Put your foot down and make it happen. As your new blogging trainer it's my responsibility to set you straight and put you on the right track.

First of all, I've never had anyone experience major fitness success if they didn't put their foot down 100% and commit to making the necessary changes. Those who come to me and say they've been "trying" to get in shape, have basically confessed to accepting failure. Don't wake up tomorrow with the idea of trying to go for a jog. Get up and go for a jog! Put it in your planner and make it happen. Don't try to eat better. Choose the dang soup and salad over the burger and fries. FORCE IT! You have to commit. Trying is for losers. I find it incredibly lame when one of my clients tells me they tried to do the exercise homework I gave them but they didn't because of blah blah blah. Liar! Liar! If my assignment were free tickets to a concert, you bet your booty they would have found a way to be there.

Take my word for it. Getting in great shape is as wonderful as you imagine it to be. Things do come easier. People are nicer. You will be taken more seriously. You won't get sick as often. You will have more fun and feel more confident and happy. You will like yourself more and as a result more people will like you too. Fitness is real and it's totally attainable for you. So stop trying already, and start doing!

Makes some damn good points though, especially the part about you essentially admitting to failure if you say you've been "trying" to lose weight. As Yoda said; there is no try, there is only do!
I has a jogblog!
When you open a can of whoop-ass, Chuck Norris jumps out.
local mike

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:12 am

hey mike its a great article. when i had my light bulb moment, i thought 'im not going to start tomorrow, im going to start right now!' and made my next meal a healthy one, did some exercise and felt great.
kate_turner2000

Postby lng86 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:27 am

PERFECTLY WRITTEN...

See - this is the challenge that I face... I have to be nice to my future clients at JC!!! I wish I could just say that.

In the end - only the individual themselves can change their own lives. They have to want it... It is the only way they can obtain success.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Return to Weight loss Talk